Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I like Fisher. He seems like a great guy. But it is time to go and start over. Why do I say this? Look at his whole body of work, not only with the Rams, but his whole career. Six winning seasons. Six. This team will never be a perennial playoff contender under Fisher. Isn't that the ultimate goal for every team? I believe it is so why keep a guy where it is very clear that he will not provide that? He is the 4th highest paid coach in the NFL. I just don't see how he is going to change his ways after 21 years as a coach. Say what you will about injuries but every team has them. This team has regressed winning percentage wise every year he's been here. No coach in the super bowl era has got a 5th year with a team after having the first four be losing seasons. I don't think he should be the first. Most coaches don't even get four seasons when they had three losing ones. I believe that the best thing to do is to have stability from the top down. The best teams do that (Patriots, Steelers, Packers). But first you have to find the right guys who get the job done and then keep them around. I was behind Fisher coming into this season. At this point he needs to go. But ultimately as long as Kroenke is the owner of this team, I don't see a playoff contender every year either. It starts from the top going down and we have a terrible guy at the top.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
If Fisher's willing to change his outlook on offense, I'm fine with him in 2016. Dick Vermeil, Belichick, and John Fox were able to meet with success thanks to their willingness to adapt on offense. It's time Fisher does the same.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I think Fisher is a great guy but I just don't think that he is that great of a coach. His long career numbers show that. He just isn't that good. He is close to becoming the leader in NFL history in losses. I think that if Fisher is kept for next season then it will be hard for me, and a lot of fans, to get behind this team. He has had only six winning seasons in his career. He is just not a guy who is going to have the Rams become a perennial playoff contender. There's no point in keeping around someone like that. I know there have been injuries but that has happened with every team. Look at the Steelers this year. I think I first personally noticed that Fisher was not the answer after the Bears game. After losing a close game to the Vikings they were still in the hunt and they came out at home and got destroyed. They have since continued their collapse. I just think it is clear it is time to move on from him.

beej

Rookie
There was a point where a lot of people wanted vermiel out of here. after a couple of terrible years. People thought it was a failed experiment bringing him back. I remember the front office having a sitdown with him and telling him there were going to have to be some changes. That's what I would most like to see, now.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Don't like the guy, don't think he's a good coach at all. Hopefully he gets fired, any other team I'd have no doubt about it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And I may be in the minority in saying that I don't think Fish is averse to a more wide open offense. I realize his offensive mindset starts with being able to run the ball. But I find it hard to equate all the trick plays and his being open to the idea of a spread offense when he got here to that of a coach that insists on 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

I think his hires on the offensive side of the ball have been iffy. I think the players we have brought in have been questionable in several cases. But I don't think for a second that if Bradford had stayed healthy or if Foles could process anything quickly, we wouldn't have a much more open offense.

I look at what is out there and I'm not convinced changing HC is the right move for this team.

I want to win as much as anyone. I just don't like the grass is greener approach. Too often, it is not.

One thing for sure though. This offense has to start producing or ain't nothing saving anyone's job.

BlackSheep

UDFA
I think Fisher's future with the rams has less to do with on the field performance and more to do with potential relocation and I think it's the opposite of what most are saying. I think if the move is finalized for 2016 Fisher is gone and Kroenke brings in a shiny new coach for his shiny new market. That would up the desirability factor significantly for a coaching search and many NFL types already have ties to or live in Southern California. If Rams stay Fish gets his final year. Just my .02 as I am just a Rams fan and have been so for 42 years regardless of location.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's pretty clear that a majority (not necessarily vast majority) would like to see him go. I'm in that group.

I was not a fan of the hire when it happened and saw cracks early on... namely, the lack of discipline and sloppy play. I was not a popular person on the board I frequented back then.

As the years unfolded, those cracks grew larger. They're still there today.

Most people want to be the person in charge... especially at work. They want to be able to make the decisions because they're confident their plan will work.

Only problem with that is... if you have made all the decisions and your plan doesn't work, there's nowhere to hide.

In some cases, the root cause for the lack of success of a football team is cloudy... is it the owner? Is it the GM? Is it the HC?

Not in this case. The root cause is very clear.

We'll see if the Boras change helps... hope so. Let's give the guy a chance.

Then, we'll see if Fisher gets to fulfill his contract... if that is to be, I hope it comes with some loss of power so objective decisions can be made.

It's pretty clear to me... his plan does not work. I'm not at all convinced it ever will.

If he stays, he needs help.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
The law of diminishing returns is proving out here -- Fisher's best year in the Win column with the Rams was also his first year: 2012.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I am hearing a lot of "great guy Fisher but he's not getting it done".

Pete Carroll is a twerp -- but as much as I hate to say it -- he is an outstanding coach.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think Fisher's future with the rams has less to do with on the field performance and more to do with potential relocation and I think it's the opposite of what most are saying. I think if the move is finalized for 2016 Fisher is gone and Kroenke brings in a shiny new coach for his shiny new market. That would up the desirability factor significantly for a coaching search and many NFL types already have ties to or live in Southern California. If Rams stay Fish gets his final year. Just my .02 as I am just a Rams fan and have been so for 42 years regardless of location.
Not to go down that road but not many have stronger SoCal ties than Fish.

Hard to say though. I know that is fairly common theory. I'm just not sure it holds much water.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The law of diminishing returns is proving out here -- Fisher's best year in the Win column with the Rams was also his first year: 2012.
which basically means he can turn a ship around, but he wont get you to your destination. something has to change. period. this season is the worst of his tenure because i was actually being led to believe that this team could challenge for a playoff spot (especially after beating seattle/arizona) then it happened. da bears and downhill from there. and you know what rolls downhill, right?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I liked the hire even though his track record was pretty vanilla overall. But I knew he had good defenses, which I love.
That said, after about the 15th time he said we'll look at the film, get it corrected and it still hasn't happened I knew it was time to move on.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think it's pretty safe to say everyone likes Fisher and obviously the players do. But how long do you really want to see sub .500 out of this talent?

Fisher and Snead need to go out and get a PROVEN OC who has some imagination and can put points on the board.
And if they don't and they still believe Nick Foles is the answer then there is no way they should be back. That would be that word people call insanity.

Alan

Legend
I just don't understand why I keep hearing "I like this coach but...(fill in the blank)." Isn't that like saying I like that song except for the music? The lyrics might be dynamite but if you don't like the music how can you say you like the song? Yeah, he does some things well but he does just as many things poorly. As I said when we were contemplating hiring him, he's an average coach who will never take us to the top unless he gets lucky. Has his performance made a liar out of me? Hell, we haven't even reached mediocrity after 4 years. Fisher is what he was at Tennessee, an average coach. While 8-8 might look good to us after years of futility, I still want more.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's had 4 years. And there's still time to finish strong.
If not, sayanora.
Great guy, lousy results.
He's in virtually uncharted waters at this point. Coaches with 3 straight losing seasons lose their jobs. Some after 1 or two.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
What I will say about Fisher's offensive philosophy is this: In this universe, you either adapt to a changing environment or you become extinct.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That makes three of us.

I understand all the disappointment but I feel like stability is what this franchise needs.

Week 4 against the cards is what this team was supposed to look like. Injuries and foles regression for some reason really set us back.

I don't know. Starting over again sounds really exhausting to me.
I'll make it a "Foursome" !! At My age I don't know if I have enough time left for another Full-Blown Make-over, Before we make it Back to the Play-Offs!!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jeff Fisher is a professional football coach and has represented the Rams very well. Lately though, he seems to have lost it. First of all, this offense can't even complete a pass! Then he is swearing at the media. His firing of Cignetti was made out of desperation. He could have kept him on and just gave Boras more responsibility. It almost seems like Fish made Cignetti a scapegoat. Maybe Stan gave the order to fire Cignetti? But this all seems very unlike Fisher. Even his defense is playing poorly (after being on the field for so long). Total team collapse. We need to start looking at Fish the same way he looked at Bradford. We can't afford to take another chance on him next year. Just my two cents!