Jay Cutler - Would you do it?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would you acquire Jay Cutler?

• Yes

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Only if Bradford won't take a pay cut

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
There was talk the Bears would likely have to give up a draft pick for a team to take Cutler off their books. I'd do it for a 2nd.

Is this real? I'm not really good with cap space and contracts but I heard Cutler is going to make 16 mill this year, so Bradford is making 13 mill right? does that mean if we drop Bradford, pick up Cutler and get a free 2nd rounder? I'm all for it. If Bradford was healthy I'd run him over Cutler but I just cant go through another season of him going down. I'm down for Cutler, Draft pick / Davis at QB. Sign me up.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
No, Roethlisberger is just a plain tool. Every single person that I know that met him remarked that he was a total arsehole. Completely unlikable as a person. And the guy got torn apart early in his career for being lazy and not giving a crap.

But when you win, people overlook your faults. Now, I'm sure he's matured some and works harder now but the people who met him recently still say he's a total arsehole.
Okay, as a person, he IS a tool. I agree he is that arsehole. But he can play.

Jay Cutler is a tool ON the field, cannot lead, is not a leader, is a coach-killer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Okay, as a person, he IS a tool. I agree he is that arsehole. But he can play.

Jay Cutler is a tool ON the field, cannot lead, is not a leader, is a coach-killer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5132299
Former NFL running back Najeh Davenport, who joined the Steelers that season after spending four seasons in Green Bay, says he soon heard the jabs at Roethlisberger, then 24, despite the quarterback's remarkable two-year résumé of success. "Team leaders there didn't respect the fact that he didn't respect what it took to be like a champion, like a true champion," Davenport says.

About 60 percent of the team felt that way, according to Davenport and former NFL safety Mike Logan, who was then in his fifth season with the club and is now a talk show host for ESPN Radio 1250 Pittsburgh. Logan says Roethlisberger was seen by some teammates as unapproachable for their social and charity events and to sign autographs for fundraisers.

Both players, who were interviewed recently by "Outside the Lines," say they liked Roethlisberger and had good relationships with him, but there was no doubting the rift on the team.

"It was the elephant in the room," Logan says. "It was being talked about in different sections of the locker room."

Porter then called Roethlisberger out as "the last person in the building and the first person to leave, not being dedicated to the team," Davenport says.

Next, Porter took Roethlisberger to task for separating himself from the team, according to Davenport.

"Last year you used to hang out with us," Davenport recalls Porter saying. "This year, it's like 'the Pittsburgh Steelers and Ben.'"
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...mments-ben-roethlisberger-peyton-manning-2014
I feel like Peyton is a far better leader, in terms of staying after practice, catching balls, wanting guys to get on the same page with him, things of that sort," Sanders said. "This is the first time that I’ve had a quarterback that every single day after practice — no matter what his accolades, NFL MVP, Super Bowl ring — he keeps guys like me and [rookie receiver Cody] Latimer after practice. . . . He’s not one of those guys you’ve got to chase down. He’s going to be right in the same spot, ready to work, every single day. I just feel like that’s a difference from a mental standpoint.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...big-ben-responds-to-criticism-over-work-ethic
NFL Media columnist Michael Silver added fuel to the fire Thursday night when he said on NFL Network "it's no secret" that Big Ben isn't overly popular in the Steelers' locker room and questions remain about his preparation.

Cutler isn't Roethlisberger good and the Bears aren't winning...which is why we're hearing all that we do. But if the Bears were winning, I doubt this stuff would be coming out. People can overlook issues when the team is winning. Roethlisberger is the same type of tool that Cutler is...he's just a better QB on a winning team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is this real? I'm not really good with cap space and contracts but I heard Cutler is going to make 16 mill this year, so Bradford is making 13 mill right? does that mean if we drop Bradford, pick up Cutler and get a free 2nd rounder? I'm all for it. If Bradford was healthy I'd run him over Cutler but I just cant go through another season of him going down. I'm down for Cutler, Draft pick / Davis at QB. Sign me up.

I doubt it. I don't think the Bears are going to pay us to take Cutler...but if they did, it wouldn't be a 2nd round pick.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
No. I'd rather tank and get someone in the 2016 draft if we can't get Mariota nor Winston and Bradford proves to be injury prone.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. I'd rather tank and get someone in the 2016 draft if we can't get Mariota nor Winston and Bradford proves to be injury prone.

Tanking doesn't happen in the NFL and that(Bradford getting hurt) likely gets Fisher fired(after it results in another 6-10 or 7-9 record). Which could result in us getting stuck with another Linehan and Spags and all this talent we brought in being wasted under an incompetent coaching staff. There's also the possibility we hire a better coach but I'm not exactly betting on that with the Rams track record.

I'd rather take a chance on Cutler. Doesn't stop us from getting someone in 2016 or trying to get Mariota/Winston this year. It just buys us time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Sam Bradford remains resistant to taking a pay cut.

Due $12.985 million, Bradford appears comfortable calling the Rams' bluff. The Rams could recoup Bradford's entire salary by cutting him loose, but would be left with a(n even bigger) black hole at quarterback. If Bradford is confident he won't be released, his only reason to take a pay cut would be to guarantee himself a healthy amount more than $13 million over the next two seasons.

From rotoworld.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I've never heard anything positive about Cutler in relation to how he works as a part of the team...I don't know him personally nor do I know anyone else that does...All I know is what I've read and that's nothing that says to me "Go out and get this guy"...The Rams will do what they think is best...I'll go with the flow and hope for the best regardless of what that is...

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I kept hearing his mechanics were terrible. Seems to me he starting to show signs of being the next Jim Everett. Just sayin' folks

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
All other things being equal, would anybody here be yelling to trade for JEFF GEORGE ??? He's got a cannon, makes some great throws, blames anybody but himself when he throws an int (and is capable of throwing one at any time) and is disliked by about everybody in North America..Just what I remember but of course my memory started going south about the time Sam had his 1st ACL rip apart, so I could certainly be wrong...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All other things being equal, would anybody here be yelling to trade for JEFF GEORGE ??? He's got a cannon, makes some great throws, blames anybody but himself when he throws an int (and is capable of throwing one at any time) and is disliked by about everybody in North America..Just what I remember but of course my memory started going south about the time Sam had his 1st ACL rip apart, so I could certainly be wrong...

The Jeff George from Atlanta, Oakland, and Minnesota? Sure. But Cutler has been a lot more consistent than George on a year to year basis. You know what you'll get from Cutler. And it's more than anything we've gotten from the QB position since 2006. Now if Bradford had the weapons and the talent around him when healthy, that would not be true. But he hasn't been healthy since we got the talent and I don't know how people can be so comfortable waiting around for him to finally stay healthy.

I'd love to hear the solutions out there if we don't trade for Cutler. Obviously, we stick with Bradford...but what do we do to protect ourselves from getting burnt again by an injury?

Are people expecting us to bet the farm on Mariota or Winston? Is that the plan?

I'm seeing a lot of people saying "no"...I'm just curious what they recommend as a solution. :)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If the rams trade for Cutler that would mean they have given up. I've seen all I need to see from that guy. Fox is getting rid of him before Cutler can end his coaching career.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If the rams trade for Cutler that would mean they have given up. I've seen all I need to see from that guy. Fox is getting rid of him before Cutler can end his coaching career.

Okay, what's the solution at QB then...? What is not giving up?

FRO

Legend
If he were cut I would sign him. If we trade for him aren't we committing to 2 years to him due to the way his contract is structured? I look at the QB situation and hope to get through 2015 and hope there is a long term option next year. I'm essentially punting unless one of the two QBs fall or Bradford stays healthy and plays like he can.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he were cut I would sign him. If we trade for him aren't we committing to 2 years to him due to the way his contract is structured? I look at the QB situation and hope to get through 2015 and hope there is a long term option next year. I'm essentially punting unless one of the two QBs fall or Bradford stays healthy and plays like he can.

Even if there is a long term option next year, do you want to go into the 2016 season with a rookie? And will that rookie even be ready to start?

I don't see Chicago cutting him. His entire 2015 salary is guaranteed. But you never know I guess.

Yes, we're committing two years to him if we trade for him. But I'm fine with that. Will give us time to get our QB of the future sorted out...unless people think it's Bradford. Which I guess it could be...but it's tiring having to play Russian Roulette with his health.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay, what's the solution at QB then...? What is not giving up?

there is no solution. apart from praying sam stays healthy. the rams have painted themselves into a corner. culter certainly isn't gonna help. i don't know who they can target with a trade.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
ONLY because he'd shove Cook back, we traded the rights to Cutler in one of IMO the best moves we ever made ,then we screwed the pooch on the picks ,then Lovie gave up even more for him ,he's worn out his welcome with two teams , he's a coach killer who reminds me of Geoff George.
I'm not in favor of a desperation move ,and hope we don't , I keep coming back to this ,if we are so afraid of Bradfords injury history, anyone who trades for Sam would be as well and IMO they would be doing it to unload a bigger problem

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
No to Cutler, he does nothing to help the Rams. And why would we want to pick up his $15.5 salary ? Between Bradford's dead money and Cutler's salary, the Rams would be tying up $19.mil in CAP.

I'd rather have an O-Line with Bradford than a Cutler with no O-Line. jmo.