Jay Cutler agrees to one-year, $10M deal with Dolphins/Tannehill out for the season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If you think it's a race agenda you entirely missed the point and should take a little time to review some info about it all. This isn't a black v. white thing at all.

You're right. It's a cop issue.

It would've been fine if he focused on the events in which the focus should be on (STL, Tulsa, Miami, Baltimore, NY), but he lost all credibility when he wore those stupid socks, mocking cops as pigs.

Cops, security, and law enforcement are at each and every game doing their best to keep fans safe, and of course all over the country in everyday life. Police officers also have families and risk their lives daily. Then you have a dolt like Colin Kaepernick mocking them.

Teams have every right to NOT want to sign him, and quite frankly I don't blame him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Demoff outstanding?

Rams are paying Tru 16+ million this season. Have been unable to get a long term contract done with him once again. Highest cap number on the team

The current coaching staff didn't want to do a long-term contract with him. That's not Demoff's call. So this one isn't a strike against Demoff.

Rams did get a contract done with Tavon, he is the 2nd highest cap number on the team, certainly not the 2nd best player on the team.

This also isn't a strike against Demoff. Demoff's job is to negotiate and structure contracts. Snead and Fisher were responsible for determining whom to re-sign and the money they were willing to pay. Maybe you can blame Demoff for not getting Tavon to take a cheaper deal (which is a stretch), but he structured the contract brilliantly.

Rams did not get a contract done with Janoris Jenkins. Shut down corners can not be allowed to leave.

You have no idea what role Demoff played in that. Franchising Tru instead of Jenkins wasn't his call. Beyond that, we don't know what Fisher/Snead gave Demoff the green light for in terms of what he could offer or if they even asked him to negotiate with JJ once he hit FA.

You're blaming Demoff for things that were likely out of his control.

Fisher was not in charge of getting players signed during his tenure. Cant blame him.

Yes, he was. Fisher was 100% in charge of determining who we signed and the parameters of what we'd offer.

0-0

You're blaming Demoff for things that were out of his control. Fisher/Snead (who knows what role Snead played) were the ones who determined player value, what players to pursue, and what players to retain. Demoff's job was to be the numbers guy and negotiate contracts within those parameters (as well as structure the deals).

Demoff has structured the deals brilliantly. You conveniently ignore all of his successes. You conveniently ignore that the Rams went from having major cap problems in the late 2000s to consistently being in a great cap situation this decade after hiring Demoff. He's been brilliant with how he's structured bonuses and salaries from year to year to avoid any cap issues and allow us to get out of potentially bad contracts with relative ease.

Maybe you can blame Demoff for aspects of Jenkins or Austin, but you're doing that without the facts. You're making assumptions. Personally, I don't think your assumptions hold up if you understand how responsibilities are delegated/organized within a NFL front office.

fearsomefour

Legend
Our cap management is fine, dude. Relax. The Rams didn't want Maclin. We could have moved money around to sign him. We have a ton of future cap flexibility. That's what's most important.
Yeah, particularly when you consider the shake it was in several years ago.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also would have liked for the rams to sign Jeremy Maclin when he was available, Rams did not have the cap space, so could not have a football discussion on whether if would be a good fit or not.
Well the good fit discussion needs to be discussed because it plays a huge part. Had Maclin been available when they signed Woods, who knows if the Rams would have went for him instead. Like it or not, it would have been redunancy to have brought in another FA who the coaching staff is not familiar with

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
A dumbass thing to think and even more so to say IN PUBLIC.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...quarterback-i-dont-have-to-be-in-great-shape/

Jay Cutler: I’m a quarterback, I don’t have to be in great shape
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 7, 2017

Is new Dolphins quarterback Jay Cutler in good enough shape to play after spending the last few months in retirement?

“The good thing is I play quarterback so I don’t have to be in that great cardiovascular shape,” Cutler said with a smile today.

Cutler said Dolphins coach Adam Gase called him last week, asked him if he was in good enough shape to play this season, and when Cutler said he was, they quickly agreed that they could make it work.

“I told him I was good to go. It was very short, very brief,” Cutler said.

Cutler said he’s just getting a feel for the Dolphins’ facility and wants to “figure out where the dinner room is.” He’s confident that within a month, he’ll have figured out enough to lead the Dolphins on the field at the start of the regular season.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
For those thinking that Miami should have signed Colon SackorPick instead of Cutler... JUST HOLD ON A MINUTE FELLAS.

Some of you outside of Florida probably are missing a key problem with SackorPick down in Miami. That dumbass was proudly sporting a Fidel Castro shirt not that long ago. Miami's large Cuban community would go bat shit crazy because of that... and believe me... you DO NOT want to piss off that community in South Florida. It's suicidal.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
haha, color me foolish, but i always thot Kaep was of the Caucasian persuasion :rimshot:

wow
train
It doesn't matter what race he is these days. It just matters how he self-identifies. :palm::palm::palm:

Memphis Ram

Legend
You're right. It's a cop issue.

It would've been fine if he focused on the events in which the focus should be on (STL, Tulsa, Miami, Baltimore, NY), but he lost all credibility when he wore those stupid socks, mocking cops as pigs.

Cops, security, and law enforcement are at each and every game doing their best to keep fans safe, and of course all over the country in everyday life. Police officers also have families and risk their lives daily. Then you have a dolt like Colin Kaepernick mocking them.

Teams have every right to NOT want to sign him, and quite frankly I don't blame him.

Kaepernick
"I wore those socks, in the past, because the rogue cops that are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger, but also put the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust. I have two uncles and friends who are police officers and work to protect and serve ALL people. So before those socks, which were worn before I took my public stance, are used to distract from the real issues, I wanted to address this immediately."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-kaepernick-pig-socks-san-francisco/89715672/

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It would've been fine if he focused on the events in which the focus should be on (STL, Tulsa, Miami, Baltimore, NY)

Oh boy....here we go....

the type of "event" that Colin is trying to bring into the conversation happens in many cities all over this country. It's only brought to light in those 5 cities due to the advent of the cellular phone...and the genius that put cameras in them....It has been occurring for a long time....probably as long as the police have been around...maybe the late 1800.

Police officers should be more proactive in identifying problem officers, and these events wouldn't have gotten so bad. They have a tendency to lie/cover up for their partners. They are schooled in the art of the "ruse". So, to paint them as one brush...which is shocking...because people tend to paint individuals of different races as such...but it is expected...If people see ONE unarmed person shot by an officer, trained to protect them, then some will assume most officers...not only may shoot an innocent life, but also go out of their way to cover it up.

Protect and Serve....it's on their squad cars....you know what's funny, not I, or anyone in my immediate family have ever had protection from the law. Of the many things stolen from me, or my home, I've never had anything returned or recovered by the law. I can't think of ONE time law enforcement helped me...oh wait, once my car was disabled and a highway patrolman used his vehicle to push my car out of the way.....but I can recall several instances of them trying to find a way to make me pay money for stuff...radio too loud....tinted windows...fat tires & rims...silly stuff. I won't go into how often they've taken my buds...and fined me.

Angry Ram....you obviously don't have a clue what some go thru in the inner city. It's hard enough as it is without every officer either scared or against you...before they even know your name.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
For those thinking that Miami should have signed Colon SackorPick instead of Cutler... JUST HOLD ON A MINUTE FELLAS.
Maybe they should've....He said his wife talked him into returning....for a guy that looks as if he could care less, I want a guy with a pulse with the ball in his hands.
For me, to see Kaep beat us last year....last quarter....the guy refused to lose...and beat US....I've never in Cutler's entire career witnessed him play the way Colin played in that 4th quarter...I've seen Kaep in that zone before...He gave Green Bay hell...I saw him beat the Patriots....Say what you will, when he has a TEAM around him, he's trouble...

And for the native Cuban's in Miami, if he wins, all will be forgiven.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Maybe they should've....He said his wife talked him into returning....for a guy that looks as if he could care less, I want a guy with a pulse with the ball in his hands.
For me, to see Kaep beat us last year....last quarter....the guy refused to lose...and beat US....I've never in Cutler's entire career witnessed him play the way Colin played in that 4th quarter...I've seen Kaep in that zone before...He gave Green Bay hell...I saw him beat the Patriots....Say what you will, when he has a TEAM around him, he's trouble...

And for the native Cuban's in Miami, if he wins, all will be forgiven.

No. The Cuban community would never be OK with anyone supporting Castro no matter what they brought to the table. That would absolutely never happen. And that was my point concerning him being unsignable in Miami.

Angry Ram

Angry Ram....you obviously don't have a clue what some go thru in the inner city. It's hard enough as it is without every officer either scared or against you...before they even know your name.

It's pretty obvious that YOU don't have a clue. You have no idea about where I live and what MY interactions with law enforcement have been.

Hint: It's been pretty positive, other wise I wouldn't be typing this .

I will always respect police officers. They are the ones risking their lives everyday, going into situations you could only imagine, and now under a negative perception because of people with viewpoints like yours. People like you have made their job harder, which in turn could have even more dire consequences (as evidenced by Dallas).

Kaepernick
"I wore those socks, in the past, because the rogue cops that are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger, but also put the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust. I have two uncles and friends who are police officers and work to protect and serve ALL people. So before those socks, which were worn before I took my public stance, are used to distract from the real issues, I wanted to address this immediately."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-kaepernick-pig-socks-san-francisco/89715672/

Dumb move, regardless. People won't take that comment seriously. Maybe he should've thought about the perceptions the socks (and his other "statements") would cause. Because bottom line is he's using the NFL has a political platform. And much like ROD (and most likely this thread sooner than later), the NFL doesn't have to allow it, let alone a team having to sign him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think its total horseshidt that Kaepernick doesnt have a gig in the NFL. Cant tell me that Trevone Boykin is a better option and has quite a Rap sheet, nor any of the schleps in Baltimore are better. But for some reason Kaep who broke no laws is treated like a criminal by two teams that openly support players that actually ARE guilty of criminal activity.
However, I understand why Cutler is a better fit in Miami and frankly think its a great move for them.
Seems similar to Carson Palmer IMO

Memphis Ram

Legend
It's pretty obvious that YOU don't have a clue. You have no idea about where I live and what MY interactions with law enforcement have been.

I will always respect police officers. They are the ones risking their lives everyday, going into situations you could only imagine, and now under a negative perception because of people with viewpoints like yours. People like you have made their job harder, which in turn could have even more dire consequences (as evidenced by Dallas).

Actually, it's cameras that have made the police officers jobs harder. But IMO, these officers can make their jobs easier simply by the good officers reigning in the bad officers instead of hiding behind the so-called blue wall.

Dumb move, regardless. People won't take that comment seriously. Maybe he should've thought about the perceptions the socks (and his other "statements") would cause. Because bottom line is he's using the NFL has a political platform. And much like ROD (and most likely this thread sooner than later), the NFL doesn't have to allow it, let alone a team having to sign him.

IMO, people won't take the comment seriously because they'd already made up their minds not to and/or don't even want to consider if what he has pointed out is true or not. And they probably never will until something happens to either them or someone they love. That's the way most of society is today.

We draw lines in the sand and idolize professions so much so that we seem to forget or ignore that not everyone within that profession is above board. Yes, there are good police officers all over the country which even Kaepernick acknowleges but has been ignored. However, there are also bad police officers all over the country (whom which he refers) that are either poorly trained or simply treating people of color unfairly (Some have even been exposed as being members of the KKK).

But, some simply don't want to hear or acknowledge that such is even possible or even sympathize with the victims of these officers. And that's what has always concerned me the most. People who are clearly more upset with how Kaepernick protested vs. what he was actually protesting which was the mistreatment of people of color by some within the police force.

BTW, Kaepernick didn't put the camera's and microphones in his face.

Last edited:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i couldn't give a fig if kap never plays another down ..its because he isnt as good as the hype made him and nothing to do with his skin colour

Vick after doing something 20 times worse than Kap got another job in the NFL as have a load of players of less than stellar character traits( but with talent ) because teams thought that they could help do the most important thing in the NFL ..win

Tebow gets vilified in NFL circles and is a stand up guy (who was decent-ish) and hasnt played a down since being run out of NY

players come and go ...welcome to the NFL

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No. The Cuban community would never be OK with anyone supporting Castro no matter what they brought to the table. That would absolutely never happen. And that was my point concerning him being unsignable in Miami.
I remember Ozzie the Marlins manager made a similar snafu...said something....and was later fired. I think he could have survived had the Marlins won. The same with any professional player. Not optimal, but they would gradually be accepted.

Just curious...haven't we had Presidents meet with Castro too?

I could guess it's positive......but I'm curious about where you live? Out in the country or in the city?

They are the ones risking their lives everyday, going into situations you could only imagine, and now under a negative perception because of people with viewpoints like yours. People like you have made their job harder, which in turn could have even more dire consequences (as evidenced by Dallas).
Risking their lives...gotcha...they did sign up for the gig right? Under a negative perception....because of people like me? Oh, guys that have had negative interactions, much like ones captured on camera, where some poorly trained idiot, is acting like I'm a criminal for driving? And I share it now....Thank God for the internet if true...because if I can keep one guy safe, then maybe I'm really doing something...Nope Angry, they did that all on their own....with the advent of cameras....otherwise, they'd still be lying...about every shooting...to this day....and I believe that. The ex-sheriff Bacca, won't even turn himself in....I bet most of the others convicted are doing the same...Nope...No...they did this all on their own. And yet....I still haven't seen one guy persecuted for shooting innocent people...Not one...
People like me....hey I'm pretty lenient....easy going...hell, let em out after 10 years...the riots didn't start because Rodney King was beaten, it started because a jury of his "peers" found not one officer guilty of anything...Dude, they been beating people of color for YEARS......It's deeper than just beating dudes up...shooting them...denying them certain rights...and lying about it so guys like you can say this, that and a third about the guys WE ALL pay to protect and serve ALL OF US.

some simply don't want to hear or acknowledge that such is even possible or even sympathize with the victims of these officers. And that's what has always concerned me the most. People who are clearly more upset with how Kaepernick protested vs. what he was actually protesting which was the mistreatment of people of color by some within the police force.
Exactly....it goes to some reading I've been doing...What caused the drug boom? What does it mean to "fight communism"? Why all the violence in the 1960's? What the hell are we doing now against terrorism? I keep coming back to the 13,14th, & 15th amendments. And what is going on with what was a very profitable enterprise (slavery), and how can we now manipulate this system to continue to make money??? They believe the right to vote would make us....IDK...It took e voting rights act of 1965 before they really allowed it to take effect....Guess what, I still hate voting...but written into the 15th Amendment is a little seen bylaw....something about the only thing that will take your rights away...and it entails imprisonment....

I'm getting a lil winded...on the first day of football...preseason, but it's football....

For anyone to be upset at Kaep's actions....kneeling...because of a flag...and the supposed disrespect he's paid to the military and law enforcement....that just seems like...crap...another diversion...it's a reason the owners all got together...and said NO to Kaep...They didn't like the hands up don't shoot T-shirts...but they love the profits they'll make on the backs of guys....the majority that if they drive in the wrong area....and meet the wrong officer...could end up just like the guys Kaep is trying to bring attention to...disrespect the flag....ok

Angry Ram

Actually, it's cameras that have made the police officers jobs harder. But IMO, these officers can make their jobs easier simply by the good officers reigning in the bad officers instead of hiding behind the so-called blue wall.

IMO, people won't take the comment seriously because they'd already made up their minds not to and/or don't even want to consider if what he has pointed out is true or not. And they probably never will until something happens to either them or someone they love. That's the way most of society is today.

We draw lines in the sand and idolize professions so much so that we seem to forget or ignore that not everyone within that profession is above board. Yes, there are good police officers all over the country which even Kaepernick acknowleges but has been ignored. However, there are also bad police officers all over the country (whom which he refers) that are either poorly trained or simply treating people of color unfairly (Some have even been exposed as being members of the KKK).

But, some simply don't want to hear or acknowledge that such is even possible or even sympathize with the victims of these officers. And that's what has always concerned me the most. People who are clearly more upset with how Kaepernick protested vs. what he was actually protesting which was the mistreatment of people of color by some within the police force.

BTW, Kaepernick didn't put the camera's and microphones in his face.

While I'm not disagreeing with your premise, I don't believe that the picture being painted is accurate. There are MANY positive stories where officers but the negative takes precedent. And while I think most of the stories that get highlighted have two sides to the story, deal with those guys, and not clump all law enforcement into one.

CK didn't put the media in front of his face, sure but he didn't shy away from making his point. Again, he's used the NFL and the 49ers as his own political agenda.

I could guess it's positive......but I'm curious about where you live? Out in the country or in the city?

Tulsa, OK until I relocated to Houston. BTW, the law enforcement quickly and efficiently caught a criminal ring that jumped fences, broke into a house, and shot and killed an elderly man for no reason. This house is located right behind me. Oh but you want to know MY interactions with police officers? OK.

I came home from college, working on a project in the garage. It was a Friday afternoon. Squad car pulled up, two cops walked toward me. Now, I could've done one of two things:

1. Throw a fit about how they were walking up to me without any reason, play the "rights" card, etc. etc. and escalate the situation.

or 2. Hear them out on WHY they came. Turns out, it was a glitch that triggered a false alarm. I talked to them like humans, told them I just came home and no alarm went off, off they want on their merry way and I continued to work on my project.

Oh gawd, I totally forgot about this one. Walking alone, in my neighborhood (as a person of color), wearing headphones, squad car rolls by. I look at it, wave at them, and continue walking.

And absolutely nothing happened.

Course I could've whipped out my phone and started filming, but hey, no need.

and I believe that.

And there it is. Done arguing with you. I'll continue to be a respectful, law-abiding citizen (i.e., common sense), that respects law enforcement.