Jay Cutler agrees to one-year, $10M deal with Dolphins/Tannehill out for the season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's Cutler and the Miami Dolphins, used as a pretext to scream about Kaep's unemployment...Who gives a cr@p?

Evidently 3 pages of posts....lol

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I came home from college, working on a project in the garage. It was a Friday afternoon. Squad car pulled up, two cops walked toward me. Now, I could've done one of two things:
You've got some crazy assumption about how some people are interacting with law enforcement.

You could have done a million other things...said a bunch of things....but if you weren't armed, didn't pose a threat...and didn't do anything....you don't deserve to get shot, right?

This isn't an argument...only a discussion of why Kaep should have at least been given a shot at QBing the Dolphins, based on his play...and his behavior...that you claim was so terrible because of some silly socks.

Perception is not reality...no matter how many try to make it so....

FRO

Legend
Here's the bottom line, if Kaepernick were playing at Brady/Rodgers level he'd be on a team despite his controversial stance. Since he is a bottom tier starter teams have determined that sort of fan backlash and media attention is not worth the headache for what would most likely be their backup QB. Ray Rice didn't get signed just because of domestic violence, he didn't get signed because his skills were eroded and what he brought to the table wasn't worth the backlash of signing him. If you are really good you'll get away with more.

As far as the Miami situation, I take Cutler over Kaepernick even if there were no controversy surrounding him. Cutler has thrived under Gase and personally I think he is a better QB. Neither are great, but I believe Cutler is the better QB of the two.

Memphis Ram

Legend
While I'm not disagreeing with your premise, I don't believe that the picture being painted is accurate. There are MANY positive stories where officers but the negative takes precedent. And while I think most of the stories that get highlighted have two sides to the story, deal with those guys, and not clump all law enforcement into one.

CK didn't put the media in front of his face, sure but he didn't shy away from making his point. Again, he's used the NFL and the 49ers as his own political agenda.

I think the picture being painted is pretty accurate. There are good officers. And there are bad officers. Kaepernick has said the same. Even Black Lives Matter leaders have said the same. The clumping of all law enforcement into one has come via the reactions of many who have ignored the earlier mentioned acknowledgements. Why? Not sure, but I guess some are upset that the pedestal that they have placed these officers on may be a little shaky because of the bad officers. But, somehow talking about some automatically meant that all are were being attacked, which simply isn't and never was the case.

I guess if Kaepernick joined the NFL simply as an affront to express his political views and/or never expressed such views outside of an NFL forum, then I would agree that he used the NFL and the 49ers for his political agenda. So I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

I'll continue to be a respectful, law-abiding citizen (i.e., common sense), that respects law enforcement.

Happy to hear of your experiences with law enforcement. But, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't disregard that there are other respectful, law-abiding citizens who respect law enforcement, but haven't always had the same experiences that you have experienced. Believe it or not, they exist.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think the picture being painted is pretty accurate. There are good officers. And there are bad officers. Kaepernick has said the same. Even Black Lives Matter leaders have said the same. The clumping of all law enforcement into one has come via the reactions of many who have ignored the earlier mentioned acknowledgements. Why? Not sure, but I guess some are upset that the pedestal that they have placed these officers on may be a little shaky because of the bad officers. But, somehow talking about some automatically meant that all are were being attacked, which simply isn't and never was the case.

I guess if Kaepernick joined the NFL simply as an affront to express his political views and/or never expressed such views outside of an NFL forum, then I would agree that he used the NFL and the 49ers for his political agenda. So I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Happy to hear of your experiences with law enforcement. But, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't disregard that there are other respectful, law-abiding citizens who respect law enforcement, but haven't always had the same experiences that you have experienced. Believe it or not, they exist.

I can get behind this. It's a sad situation we're in.

But, back to CK, and the whole point of this...teams have every right to NOT want this guy either.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I can get behind this. It's a sad situation we're in.

But, back to CK, and the whole point of this...teams have every right to NOT want this guy either.

Agreed. But, I don't believe anyone has ever questioned these teams rights. Just their motives.;)

Ramzheart

Rookie
I wondered if Romo entered into the equation at all? I know Cutler's familiar with Gase and his system but I would have at least entertained the prospect of Romo, and maybe they did and just thought the price would be too steep

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/11/report-ryan-tannehill-to-have-knee-surgery/

Report: Ryan Tannehill to have knee surgery
Posted by Josh Alper on August 11, 2017

ap_172146187804951-e1502497120240.jpg

AP

It looks like Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill has reached a decision about how to deal with his latest knee injury.

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that Tannehill will have reconstructive surgery on his left knee and spend the entire 2017 season on injured reserve. Tannehill hurt the knee a little over a week ago in practice, prompting the Dolphins to sign Jay Cutler as a free agent.

Tannehill suffered a partially torn ACL in the same knee late last season, but did not have surgery and received full clearance to return to action this offseason. There was talk about taking a similar approach after he hurt the knee again last week, but Cutler’s arrival was a pretty clear sign that the Dolphins expected Tannehill would be getting his ACL repaired this time around.

Tannehill is signed through 2020 and has a salary of $17.475 million for the 2018 season with $5.25 million becoming fully guaranteed in March.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Miami having the salary cap space to sign Cutler really helped out when disaster struck. Good cap management.
Rams are once again right up against the cap. No space to sign a player that will help. Not so good cap management.
It helps that they under spent last year and rolled over almost $9 million. But yes this contract though puts them right up on the cap with very little room to spare.

We'll be under the Fisher cap for a few years unfortunately.