Jason Whitlock "Saints are sore losers"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'm just saying their goal was to call as few penalties as they could. I don't think it was to benefit anyone but the fans and to let the players decide it. But it is a flawed thought process. Trying to stay out of the way puts them smack dab in the middle as we see. Any other game in the regular season, most those call get made, including the last one.

in reality it's a lose lose situation. They call too many penalties people bitch, they don't call enough people bitch. The NFL just needs to hire fulltime refs and say this is the way it is, if you don't like the imperfect nature of our game you can suck it. People complain too much, my guess is as a nation we are bored as fuck and have nothing better to do than watch Cardi B snaps, rag on Trump, and bitch about the NFL.

Over it.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Goff outplayed brees
Cooks outplayed Thomas
Rams defense outplayed the saints

Simple as that

That pretty much sums it up. I mentioned in the Saints thread how Payton really screwed up. Then he throws a fit the refs didn't bail him out. He was outcoached. Saints were outplayed. That is what happened. Even with all of that they could have won had he not made those bad decisions. On top of that he was more focused on complaining the rest of the game than coaching.

But his fans aren't blaming him. He's lucky its all about the non call. It deflected from his poor coaching job in a big game.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I haven't checked lately...has the crying stopped yet? :violin:
No, it hasn't stopped yet. They believe that if they keep crying the rest of the world will begin to believe their conspiracy theory.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Lol Saints fans really are still whining hahahahahahhahahaha

I love it.

I'm gonna join their forum as good hard defense and see what happens

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
It's kind of ironic that the Saints were greatly aided in overtime of the 2010 NFC championship game by a PI called on the Vikings on a play where the defender didn't touch the receiver and the ball was un-catchable.

Right on!! A little Karma with your whine, Mr. Payton?

Pereira talks about controversial calls in Saints-Vikings overtime
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 27, 2010, 10:41 PM EST

During the on-air portion of the “Official Review” segment of NFL Network’s Total Access, V.P. of officiating Mike Pereira admitted that a flag should have wiped out the third-quarter interception thrown by Vikings quarterback Brett Favre, due to a low hit applied by Saints defensive end Bobby McCray. (MDS has more on the non-call right here.)

It’s possible that referee Pete Morelli swallowed the whistle because he had called a roughing the passer penalty only a few plays earlier, extending the drive. But Pereira explained that the driving of Favre into the ground was “poster-child” evidence of a personal foul, despite the fact that FOX’s Troy Aikman strongly disagreed with the call. So there should have been no need for a make-up call — especially since the hit to Favre’s lower legs was obvious.

During the online-only portion of the “Official Review” feature, Pereira talked about several other disputed plays from the game. Specifically, he addressed two key decisions from the sole drive of overtime.

First, he discussed a catch by Saints receiver Robert Meachem that moved the game-winning field goal attempt to 40 yards. The ball seemed to hit the ground — and move — as Meachem tried to secure possession. Pereira explained that insufficient visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, regardless of whether the call on the field had been that the pass was complete or incomplete.

In this regard, we agreed with the decision. Though it appears that the call was wrong, the “100 drunks in a bar” standard requires clear evidence to overturn the real-time ruling. And clear evidence was not available.

Pereira also talked about the key fourth-down plunge by running back Pierre Thomas, during which the helmet of linebacker Chad Greenway seemed to dislodge the ball after Thomas achieved forward progress. Pereira again explained that insufficient visual evidence existed to permit an accurate re-spotting of the ball, even if it were determined that he lost possession and then recovered possession while in the air. (As to the possible loss of possession, Pereira accurately observed that Thomas might have maintained sufficient possession with his right hand.) The problem is that Thomas was in the air, which makes it virtually impossible to establish the kind of reference point needed to spot the ball anywhere other than where it had been spotted on the field.

So, again, the call might have been bad, but the application of the replay rules was accurate.

Finally, Pereira said nothing at all about a pass interference call on Vikings linebacker Ben Leber on a ball that seemed to be uncatchable — unless Saints tight end David Thomas were 10-feet tall.

Of course, nothing said by Pereira or anyone else after the fact really matters. Vikings fans will continue to believe that their team got a raw deal, and Saints fans will continue to point to the final score and/or the Vikings’ many turnovers and/or calls that went against the home team.

Still, we hope that the NFL will aspire to reach a level of officiating that allows no team to legitimately believe that they lost a game due to anything other than the superiority of the opponent. We also hope that, someday, the NFL will reach that goal, on a consistent basis.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Man I'm trying to not let this get to me but it's so irritating. Freaking A, you want to knit pick one play (yeah it was a big play) but forget every damn call that went your way. Most importantly the face mask on Goff that would of given us first and goal at the 1 or 2 yard line. So not only does that mean we would of been up 4 instead of 3 but we would of ran even more time off the clock. I'm sorry, does that not change the entire complexion of the game??

STFU already.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Man I'm trying to not let this get to me but it's so irritating. Freaking A, you want to knit pick one play (yeah it was a big play) but forget every damn call that went your way. Most importantly the face mask on Goff that would of given us first and goal at the 1 or 2 yard line. So not only does that mean we would of been up 4 instead of 3 but we would of ran even more time off the clock. I'm sorry, does that not change the entire complexion of the game??

STFU already.

Not to mention a Saints player donkey stomped Goff's left arm as he lay on the ground AFTER getting his face mask yanked.

We would have had first and goal on the half yard line. A score puts us up 4 (assuming we convert the PAT) and who knows how much more time runs off the clock?

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
in reality it's a lose lose situation. They call too many penalties people bitch, they don't call enough people bitch. The NFL just needs to hire fulltime refs and say this is the way it is, if you don't like the imperfect nature of our game you can suck it. People complain too much, my guess is as a nation we are bored as freak and have nothing better to do than watch Cardi B snaps, rag on Trump, and bitch about the NFL.

Over it.
Well they shouldn't be worrying about to many flags or any other outside influence. They should be making sure the game is played the right way. That means call what you see, not what you think will make the game easier to watch. The game would be way better and there wouldn't be any more flags than usual if they called what was in the rule book. The coaches coach the players to take advantage of the fact they won't call them all, especially in the playoffs. See 2001 SB. The players adapt and they would stop the shit if they new they would get a flag for it.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I get that the Saints fans are pissed. I'd at first get mad also. But 24hrs later Id let it go. And I certainly would not be part of lawsuits and petitions to reverse the outcome of the game.

RamWoodie

Legend
If they would have called the face mask penalty of Goff...the PI penalty doesn't even happen. It Rams 1st and goal...at the 1 yard line...and the Saints are burning timeouts.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Well they shouldn't be worrying about to many flags or any other outside influence. They should be making sure the game is played the right way. That means call what you see, not what you think will make the game easier to watch. The game would be way better and there wouldn't be any more flags than usual if they called what was in the rule book. The coaches coach the players to take advantage of the fact they won't call them all, especially in the playoffs. See 2001 SB. The players adapt and they would stop the crap if they new they would get a flag for it.
Was thew donkey stomp on Goff? I remember seeing it and thinking that was obviously dirty but I did not know it was Goff.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Was thew donkey stomp on Goff? I remember seeing it and thinking that was obviously dirty but I did not know it was Goff.

A Saints player donkey stomped Josh Reynold plus landed on him I think in the 2nd quarter.

After the missed face mask on Goff and Goff was on the ground, a Saints player donkey stomped Goff's arm. That was 2 personal fouls that the refs allowed.

That made NRC's non call seemed like they were going to let the players decide the game and not ending it with a flag.

The Saints should stop whining. After "the play", they had the lead with less than 2 minutes left.
They also had the ball first in OT. I read somewhere that the Saints are the only team to get the ball first in a playoff OT and not win. Not to mention they were at home.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
I get that the Saints fans are ticked. I'd at first get mad also. But 24hrs later Id let it go. And I certainly would not be part of lawsuits and petitions to reverse the outcome of the game.

They take after their coach.

Synthetic

UDFA
Name
Something...
I've made enough comments in another thread about my team and fan base, but I just wanted to leave a joke here regarding Whitlock - does anyone know if he still loves Jeff George?

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've made enough comments in another thread about my team and fan base, but I just wanted to leave a joke here regarding Whitlock - does anyone know if he still loves Jeff George?

Whitlock is a clown. Consistently wrong about almost everything, while speaking his opinion as fact. I try not to watch/listen to people like that. He is the epitome of click bait "Analysis" if you can call what he does, analysis.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Players, coaches and fans have been bitching about shoddy NFL officiating for yeas. You'd think they would try to copy MLB. They have full time umpires that go through extensive training and in practice rarely get it wrong. They are the best at what they do in all of major league sport. But no, the NFL owners are too greedy and trying to save a buck. All this could be avoided if they would invest in full time officials and training them up to a higher level. It's so bad is gotten to appoint where its areal distraction and making wins and losses questionable. Having part time teachers and garbage collectors deciding multi-million dollar outcomes is ludicrous.

Get your shyt together and fix it Goodell. Fans are getting ready to turn off the TV on Sunday if you can't get it right.

Synthetic

UDFA
Name
Something...
Whitlock is a clown. Consistently wrong about almost everything, while speaking his opinion as fact. I try not to watch/listen to people like that. He is the epitome of click bait "Analysis" if you can call what he does, analysis.

Yeah, he's always been like that.

He was pretty funny though back in the day with his whole "Jeff George wins games!" talking points. Every team George was on, Whitlock would bash them and hype up George.

They went to high school together and Whitlock played on the offensive line that George was QB for, hence why he has such loyalty to him.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Starts at the 1:00 mark... This is truly unbelievable. We have a government shutdown and this clown brings this up. The Senate Speaker should have shut him down immediately. Worry about all those government employees who need to go back to work. This is only making the State of LA, the Saints organization, and their fans look completely foolish.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Starts at the 1:00 mark... This is truly unbelievable. We have a government shutdown and this clown brings this up. The Senate Speaker should have shut him down immediately. Worry about all those government employees who need to go back to work. This is only making the State of LA, the Saints organization, and their fans look completely foolish.

I had to stop when he said..."For those not familiar with football"