Jason Michael, Titans OC headed to Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Underwhelming. If Fisher jacks this OC thing up, and gets more of nothing from the passing game in 2016 i'll be lighting torches for the mobsquad myself.
His closing statement after the 2014 season was "We've got to get better on offense."
His statements after this season "We've got to score more points."

Get it done. Bring in proven offensive minds. Tweak the philosophy a little. Find a QB.

I'm with you, his way of running an offense isn't working, our (lack of) passing attack has been poor and embarrassing these last few years, he needs to . Fisher needs to eat some humble pie, bring in an OC with a great mind and just let him run the offense. C'mon Fisher, you know you can do it, embrace change big man.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
They interviewed him. But apparently, it was to be passing game coordinator...not OC. And there's been no movement since. Incredible disappointment.

Damn, I got excited for a bit - so, have we settled for mediocrity and IS Boras the OC??

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Me too. But I should have known better after last year.

I guess you're right, if Boras would have lit it up with some awesome OC calling towards the end of the year then I'd be ok with it all - I'd like to say we were mediocre at best, but I don't think we were even that...

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

Jason Michael - C - Rams
Rams hired ex-Titans OC Jason Michael.

Michael is being brought in as either the TEs coach or passing game coordinator. He will work under the yet-to-be-hired offensive coordinator. Michael did not call the plays in Tennessee while Ken Whisenhunt was in charge, and the offense did not take off after Whisenhunt was canned. Still, Michael is extremely young as coaches go. He should emerge in coordinator discussions again in the near future.

I thought Boras has been named OC officially? but I found this today so I don't know whats going on.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This sucks. We don't give DeFilippo the OC job he deserves, we give it to Boras, and now he doesn't even get hired because Fisher can hire another freaking Titans coach. freaking sucks.

Hey jrry32 hard to argue against a Titans coach with all those winning seasons. Everyone wants to get close to winners!

Rams 2015 TE's would never be mentioned in the same sentence along with the combination of words "Competent Effective Passing Offense".

Does Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks & Justice Cunningham even come with working hands attached ?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
At least he has past OC experience. Even if he didn't impress at that position with Tennessee.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Man it sucks being stuck in that transition period between two cities with very little coverage of the team... At least we should know something in the next week or so I hope.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
NFL network is reporting Terry Robiskie is taking over as OC for the Titans and Michael is gonna be the new QB coach

FrankenRam

Starter
Wow so he's not coming? WTF is going on? Sounds like nobody wants to work with Fisher. I hope I'm wrong

Why assume the worst. It is possible, after all, that the original report was pure speculation. Or maybe that there was a phone call to guage general interest/availability. But just because he opted to take another job in no way implies 'nobody wants to work with Fisher'.