Jason Michael, Titans OC headed to Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'm not sure what's going on
Can someone enlighten me?

Boras is OC
Michaels is TE or Passing Coordinator?

Argh...,.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This sucks. We don't give DeFilippo the OC job he deserves, we give it to Boras, and now he doesn't even get hired because Fisher can hire another freaking Titans coach. freaking sucks.

I agree I wanted DeFilippo, however, Michael never coached under Fisher in Tennessee, but it would be nice if the Rams went after coaches that actually scored some points on offense.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Boras is OC

Argh...,.

Nothing has been announced yet, it's just sure speculation. Report said that Boras most likely OC and this report has Michael as TE coach which the Rams do need, hopefully that's all Michael will be and the Rams will still hire DeFilippo has Passing Game Coordinator.

jap

Legend

Boras is OC

Argh...,.

As long as we are tossing titles around, how about Mad Mike as the Brain and Michaels as Pinky?

Michaels: "What are we gonna do this weekend, Mike?"

Mad Mike: "The same thing we do every weekend, Pinky---try and take over the world!"

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
So he'll either be TE coach or the passing coordinator? So Boras would be the rushing coordinator? I'm confused. I did not think we could screw this up even more but apparently we just might.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Nothing has been announced yet, it's just sure speculation. Report said that Boras most likely OC and this report has Michael as TE coach which the Rams do need, hopefully that's all Michael will be and the Rams will still hire DeFilippo has Passing Game Coordinator.
So two oc's basically? I dont get it.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So two oc's basically? I dont get it.

Okay how about this?

Rob Boras...Co-Offensive Coordinator/Running Game
John DeFilippo...Co-Offensive Coordinator/Passing Game
Jason Michael...Tight End Coach

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Okay how about this?

Rob Boras...Co-Offensive Coordinator/Running Game
John DeFilippo...Co-Offensive Coordinator/Passing Game
Jason Michael...Tight End Coach
So two OC's? that doesnt make sense to me lol. I understand the concept, but dont think it is a good one. Just spells disaster for me.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So two OC's? that doesnt make sense to me lol. I understand the concept, but dont think it is a good one. Just spells disaster for me.

IDK under the man to your left back in 1999 the Rams had two defensive coordinators (Co-Defensive Coordinators) in Peter Giunta and John Bunting and that turned out pretty good.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
IDK under the man to your left back in 1999 the Rams had two defensive coordinators (Co-Defensive Coordinators) in Peter Giunta and John Bunting and that turned out pretty good.
true, but given how our offense has been, this seems to be more of a problem than solution to me. Just odd.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
true, but given how our offense has been, this seems to be more of a problem than solution to me. Just odd.

IDK at this point I would be willing to have a couple guys doing the job because one man has not been able to do it and I would be pleased if they added DeFilippo.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I'm work similar to how a head coach works. A head coach gets a guy to oversee his defense and offense. So I'm guessing a coordinator gets a guy to oversee his passing game and running game.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
IDK at this point I would be willing to have a couple guys doing the job because one man has not been able to do it and I would be pleased if they added DeFilippo.
My concern is who decides when to run or when to pass? Both will be wanting their plays to happen.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think I'm work similar to how a head coach works. A head coach gets a guy to oversee his defense and offense. So I'm guessing a coordinator gets a guy to oversee his passing game and running game.
But no one is deciding which to go with in this scenario. I'm sure I am missing something. Maybe it's the Booze talking.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My concern is who decides when to run or when to pass? Both will be wanting their plays to happen.

It's worked before and it's done in college more than the NFL, but it does not mean both men call the plays, it means the come up with the appropriate game plan and Boras might call the plays, but it's DeFilippo pass plays that are called for example.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It's worked before and it's done in college more than the NFL, but it does not mean both men call the plays, it means the come up with the appropriate game plan and Boras might call the plays, but it's DeFilippo pass plays that are called for example.
Thanks. Still don't like it but at least understand it better.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
images

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Anyone else get the feeling there may be too many cooks in the kitchen? I get that fish is given an unlimited coaching budget by Stan, however, the dude is hiring enough staff for two teams ffs. Someone enlighten me please.