Jason Michael, Titans OC headed to Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Having two different guys create plays - one running and the other passing - would require an extra level of coordination to make sure play action works.

The runs have to look like passes and the passes have to look like runs - at least to some extent.

But I like getting fresh minds in the offense - and it may be worth the hassle to have both continuity for the players and a new voice or two in the play designs and the offensive game plans themselves.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hey, it looks like a Dove bar, … those things are awesome !

Chipwich guy myself.
chipwich.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My concern is who decides when to run or when to pass? Both will be wanting their plays to happen.

One of the Co-OCs is the play-caller. The other isn't.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Than why have Co ocs to begin with?

I assume it's a title. Makes it easier for someone to come without it being so blatant a demotion from his last job. It also means that he is over the QB coach, the WR coach, and has at least a dotted line relationship to the TE coach. Presumably Boras will be the guy in charge overall (under Fisher) and the other guy would be in charge of thinking up pass plays and coaching the offense to actually do them successfully. While Boras is in charge overall, and especially of instilling discipline in the offense. Or something like that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Than why have Co ocs to begin with?

It's like the Assistant HC title. More of a name than anything. Plus, they both have a role in designing plays and developing the game-plan. You just only have one guy calling plays on game-day.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Mad Mike needs to get involved if only to pass on the most aggressive version of Coryelle's offensive scheme. It's only right that the passing of the torch occurs in Horns land.
Really? How long has he been unemployed, Has he ever learned how to protect a QB? Did he jack up every QB he worked with?

I appreciate what the Rams did with the GSOT but that talent is not on THIS Rams team and I wold rather keep what little QB talent we have on the field.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really? How long has he been unemployed, Has he ever learned how to protect a QB? Did he jack up every QB he worked with?

I appreciate what the Rams did with the GSOT but that talent is not on THIS Rams team and I wold rather keep what little QB talent we have on the field.

If the QB is Keenum or Foles, I'm okay with not keeping them on the field. Maybe Martz can find a Bulger or Warner off the streets again when Keenum and Foles are knocked out of the game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nothing has been announced yet, it's just sure speculation. Report said that Boras most likely OC and this report has Michael as TE coach which the Rams do need, hopefully that's all Michael will be and the Rams will still hire DeFilippo has Passing Game Coordinator.

I hope you are right. The two sound like super additions to the staff. However, this could be Fisher saying, " okay I know that I am not going to lure anyone to L.A. with me and the staff on a one year deal and my reputation as a heavy handed head coach that knows nothing about offense except that running the ball with a superstar runningback is a good thing to do. So, I will get what I can take and be happy."

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If the QB is Keenum or Foles, I'm okay with not keeping them on the field. Maybe Martz can find a Bulger or Warner off the streets again when Keenum and Foles are knocked out of the game.

He's already on the team and hopefully will win the starting job out of camp.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's already on the team and hopefully will win the starting job out of camp.

Has Todd Gurley or Aaron Donald been hiding the fact that they're a Pro Bowl level QB?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Underwhelming. If Fisher jacks this OC thing up, and gets more of nothing from the passing game in 2016 i'll be lighting torches for the mobsquad myself.
His closing statement after the 2014 season was "We've got to get better on offense."
His statements after this season "We've got to score more points."

Get it done. Bring in proven offensive minds. Tweak the philosophy a little. Find a QB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Underwhelming. If Fisher jacks this OC thing up, and gets more of nothing from the passing game in 2016 i'll be lighting torches for the mobsquad myself.
His closing statement after the 2014 season was "We've got to get better on offense."
His statements after this season "We've got to score more points."

Get it done. Bring in proven offensive minds. Tweak the philosophy a little. Find a QB.

Well that could mean that he is only shooting for two more points a game.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
This sucks. We don't give DeFilippo the OC job he deserves, we give it to Boras, and now he doesn't even get hired because Fisher can hire another freaking Titans coach. freaking sucks.

What happened to the DeFillippo interview?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What happened to the DeFillippo interview?

They interviewed him. But apparently, it was to be passing game coordinator...not OC. And there's been no movement since. Incredible disappointment.