Jared Goff to be inactive for Rams' season opener/NFL.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That is a possibility, sure.
dont worry man. the Rams owner is just as interested in making money as is the Cowboys owner. i did not omit caring about winning. their idea of winning is climbing the wealthiest people in america ladder.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Neither is as strong as Goff's but Mannion imo has a stronger arm than Keenum. Just my 2 cents.

Mannion arm is just as strong or stronger than Goff arm I dont know how this myth even started.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Why is that, exactly?

Because of the appearance it gives?

It fits the lame narratives of fans and some of the talking heads (today's sports media ugh) that Fisher and Snead aren't qualified at their positions and can't develop QB's.

It's sad, but true. It'll always be these things:

Fisher is a .500 coach

Fisher doesn't know anything about offense

Fisher is out of touch with today's NFL

Fisher can't develop a QB

And when Goff is playing well and the Rams are winning it'll be

Fisher got lucky, it was Snead who handed him all that talent, anyone could win with that roster.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
dont worry man. the Rams owner is just as interested in making money as is the Cowboys owner. i did not omit caring about winning. their idea of winning is climbing the wealthiest people in america ladder.
Yeah, I laugh when people say nobody wants to win as much as Jerry. If that were true, he would have hired a GM YEARS ago. Jerry cares more about building monuments to himself than a winning football team. Our new practice facility has: a lounge, a swimming pool, several restaurants, an Omni Hotel connected to it, etc. What does ANY of that have to do with football? Granted, we have state of the art training things, but all that other shit is completely unnecessary.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I laugh when people say nobody wants to win as much as Jerry. If that were true, he would have hired a GM YEARS ago. Jerry cares more about building monuments to himself than a winning football team. Our new practice facility has: a lounge, a swimming pool, several restaurants, an Omni Hotel connected to it, etc. What does ANY of that have to do with football? Granted, we have state of the art training things, but all that other crap is completely unnecessary.
When Kroenke gets around to building his own practice facility after the stadium is done it will be just like the Cowboys facility but 5% bigger to out do his buddy.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't care what other fans think.
It is always easier to post someone is going to be a bust....even in the first round the odds are high. No one is going to remember what Joe six pack says anyway.
If Goff is this fragile that this will somehow affect his confidence he had no shot of being good anyway, from a mental stand point.
The argument that Fisher is making this decision because he isent feeling pressure....well, one could make the argument the other way as well. Starting a rookie QB gives him an excuse if the team is losing.
I am sure he is making this call because he feels like it gives the team the best chance to win. If the O lays an egg or the team starts 1-3 then great, make the switch. The truth is there is not one set way to develop or proceed with a QB. Forcing him right away because you traded a bunch of picks is just as foolish as sitting him because that was always the traditional way.
Watch the preseason it was clear to me Keenum should start. Ball security, pocket awareness, getting the ball out quickly. Clearly the better option for winning week 1, if winning week 1 is not the priority, then I guess the choice could have gone the other way.
At any rate, after less than 2 full games of preseason work....to declair Goff anything....the next savior of a bust is just foolishness.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, I laugh when people say nobody wants to win as much as Jerry. If that were true, he would have hired a GM YEARS ago. Jerry cares more about building monuments to himself than a winning football team. Our new practice facility has: a lounge, a swimming pool, several restaurants, an Omni Hotel connected to it, etc. What does ANY of that have to do with football? Granted, we have state of the art training things, but all that other crap is completely unnecessary.

When I heard/saw that online I just shook my head. It's all about the benjamins and we know Jones is good at fleecing his flock that's for sure.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
When I heard/saw that online I just shook my head. It's all about the benjamins and we know Jones is good at fleecing his flock that's for sure.
He inherited an awesome fanbase (although a ton of them are retarded) that are super loyal. I will celebrate the man's death.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't care what other fans think.
It is always easier to post someone is going to be a bust....even in the first round the odds are high. No one is going to remember what Joe six pack says anyway.
If Goff is this fragile that this will somehow affect his confidence he had no shot of being good anyway, from a mental stand point.
The argument that Fisher is making this decision because he isent feeling pressure....well, one could make the argument the other way as well. Starting a rookie QB gives him an excuse if the team is losing.
I am sure he is making this call because he feels like it gives the team the best chance to win. If the O lays an egg or the team starts 1-3 then great, make the switch. The truth is there is not one set way to develop or proceed with a QB. Forcing him right away because you traded a bunch of picks is just as foolish as sitting him because that was always the traditional way.
Watch the preseason it was clear to me Keenum should start. Ball security, pocket awareness, getting the ball out quickly. Clearly the better option for winning week 1, if winning week 1 is not the priority, then I guess the choice could have gone the other way.
At any rate, after less than 2 full games of preseason work....to declair Goff anything....the next savior of a bust is just foolishness.
This man gets it....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He inherited an awesome fanbase (although a ton of them are retarded) that are super loyal. I will celebrate the man's death.

More like he bought them, or stole them. Inherited I would reserve for the Mara family or the Rooney's or Bowlen's or some of the other families who are the backbone of the NFL. Jerruh gets no such respect in my book. Neither does Kroenke either. They are cut from the same cloth, actually, I think Kroenke is worse. He has more fanbases that hate him LOL.

Every Cowboy fan I have spoken to for years now loathes that turd, I have yet to talk to one that likes him.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
More like he bought them, or stole them. Inherited I would reserve for the Mara family or the Rooney's or Bowlen's or some of the other families who are the backbone of the NFL. Jerruh gets no such respect in my book. Neither does Kroenke either. They are cut from the same cloth, actually, I think Kroenke is worse. He has more fanbases that hate him LOL.

Every Cowboy fan I have spoken to for years now loathes that turd, I have yet to talk to one that likes him.
What? So, we didn't have fans before Jerry? OK.

FrankenRam

Starter
I would be one of those people. I'd like to see them develop Goff and win - but if I had to choose between winning and working on his development, I'd choose winning.

Egad....surely that's true of everyone, no? (He sez.....knowing he's probably wrong).

Not picking on you....it's just that what you said seems SO obvious, it shouldn't even need to be stated. But given the discussion on this board since TC started, it probably is a needed reminder.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
If the O lays an egg or the team starts 1-3 then great, make the switch

I liked your post. The only quibble I would have is time frame. I would do cart flips and dance a gig o the riverfront is the Rams were better than 1-3 after the first 4 games. I think the the real point in the season is the bye week. If they are 3-4 or 4-3 they are not making a change, they still have a good chance given the last nine games. if it is 2-6 it will be Mannion. Anything worse (1-6 or 0-7) it will be Goff.

Ellard80

Legend