Jared Goff to be inactive for Rams' season opener/NFL.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't care how you look at it: Fisher screwed up preparing Goff, Goff doesn't know the offense, Goff actually isn't a good QB... this is a clusterf*** of epic proportions and just does not look good for a pick we traded a ransom for to get.

Statistically, the chances are we've already screwed the pooch here. Ah well, what's 10 more years of misery with this team!

(n)

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look at this guy who was riding the pine a couple of years before getting the starting job. We have to be patient.
"In his first NFL game, Aaron Rodgers completed two out of seven passes and was sacked twice. He continued to struggle through the preseason, before ending the preseason by converting two third downs and throwing a touchdown pass to tight end Ben Steele against the Tennessee Titans."

FRO

Legend
Having seen the preseason, I would have started Goff and let him learn by doing. Fisher thinks that having a rookie QB out there hurts his chances of winning. He's probably right there, but it's not like Case Keenum at QB is going to render anything much better than 7-9. People can spin this all they want, but having the first overall pick be inactive, after trading a huge ransom to get him, isn't a good thing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
People can spin this all they want, but having the first overall pick be inactive, after trading a huge ransom to get him, isn't a good thing
Why is that, exactly?

Because of the appearance it gives?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It takes a talented self taught musician time to learn how to read music if they haven't yet. Give Goff some slack. Some of ya'll are jumping to conclusions way to fast. If our late rounders and undraftees all bust then ya we should be worried.
You stole my analogy from a week ago!
That's okay dude. It's a good analogy for anyone who self taught themselves to badassness and was then handed a sheet of music and proceeded to leave the room. I speak from experience.

The Rams knew this coming in. Goff played with zero instincts in the preseason. He had no chops, but we all know he has chops. Patience Rams fans.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You stole my analogy from a week ago!
That's okay dude. It's a good analogy for anyone who self taught themselves to badassness and was then handed a sheet of music and proceeded to leave the room. I speak from experience.

The Rams knew this coming in. Goff played with zero instincts in the preseason. He had no chops, but we all know he has chops. Patience Rams fans.

Ari-Gold-Anger-Throws-Phone-Against-Wall-Entourage.gif

NO PATIENCE! IT'S MY GOFF, AND I WANT TO SEE HIM NOW!

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff has excellent arm talent, I think we all agree about that. The problem as I see it is two-fold. First, he is losing focus because he is scared to death that he has to perform RIGHT NOW, and he doesn't really understand the play book. That part will get better with experience. His achilles heel, though is his hands. The kid has the drops, especially under center. He also dropped one in shotgun formation recently. I watched him fumble the ball twice in one play vs Oregon on Gruden's show. That is the part I am worried about. Can you imagine him in a cold climate in the winter against the Packers? It is up to Jared now to prove he can protect the ball and throw into tight windows all without getting murdered behind our line. He has to prove he is hungry to be the best, after getting paid millions. Tall order indeed. Jared will need to work harder than he ever has if he wants to be "the guy". It's now up to Jared.

Jared, we need you to be the guy for us. Work.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I think lockdn nailed it.

Goff's got his motivation, now. Big Time!

Let's hope he uses it constructively.

Move a cot into the film room.
Pick Keenum's brain mercilessly.
Eat all 3 of his meals with Weinke or Boras.
Throw after practices.
Use play calling flash cards.
Turn his cell phone off except for communication with players or coaches. NO social media until further notice.
Mental drills.
Physical drills.

And utilize any other goddamned idea that he can think of to get better as fast as he can.
Well said. Spoken like a dude who knows what it's like to be hungry for something.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
So what.....Kurt Warner was inactive his first year too. Tom Brady rode the pines and Rogers didn't start until his 4th year.....drama queens of the NFL pay attention to clicks.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Nothing like the local kid standing on the sidelines in street clothes.
I'll root my rear off for the Rams Monday night, but this is embarrassing.
And people think playing poorly would hurt Goff's confidence? I cant think of anything more de-motivating than the way he's been handled

I agree. I haven't been much of a Fisher basher before, but the way he handle this is souring me on him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Who said I was referring to just a QB. I take the QB as the orchestra director of the entire show. It's QB experiments and it's also experiments WITH QBs. Experiments with offense. Musical chairs. Musical chair coordinators. Coordinators who want nothing to do with Fisher. The experiments of wonder boy smart guys to raise the Rams from mediocrity.

It's all encompassing around the QB tho.

You said :

"I bet you could create a sit-com about Fisher's Russian Roulette of Failed QB exerpiments."

So what was I to think you meant?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The news isnt surprising to me. I had these worries when we traded up for him. He never called plays in college never took snaps under center, those were my worries when you couple in the interceptions that every rookie qb is going to throw but you compound that with the fumbles and lack of offensive understanding you have a guy that needs more time. Fisher and co arent looking at the drops they are looking at all the other stuff that qb's have to do. And right now he isnt doing it. The sloppy footwork the slow delivery locking in on 1 side of the field the turnovers all of this is on Goff not on his wrs. I liked Mannion better out of the two because he has the mental part of the game down and he just needed the experience. I still like him better but with all the real estate we gave up to get Goff I know he gets firsr crack at starting. So im fine with the benching for now because i want to see Goff at his best not struggling to read nfl defenses and hanging unto the football. If we send this kid out now and he struggles like he will, the media is going to eat him alive. We can all say dont pay attention to that but he will because he is young and he is only use to praise. Let the guy study more and im prettt sure he gets a lot of reps in practice with the 1's and now going up against in our defense when he runs scout team will help him as well. Just give the guy time so that he can become the qb that yall think if not then he will become the qb that I think he is.

nighttrain

Legend
Nothing like the local kid standing on the sidelines in street clothes.
I'll root my rear off for the Rams Monday night, but this is embarrassing.
And people think playing poorly would hurt Goff's confidence? I cant think of anything more de-motivating than the way he's been handled

fisher couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat
train

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ari-Gold-Anger-Throws-Phone-Against-Wall-Entourage.gif

NO PATIENCE! IT'S MY GOFF, AND I WANT TO SEE HIM NOW!
You are right up there as the biggest Rams fan to grace these internet pages. They will play good football this year.