Jared Goff to be inactive for Rams' season opener/NFL.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trying to decide if it's worth the fight. Decided it is worth a minimal fight. Mannion's arm is unimpressive. Ball doesn't jump out of his hand like it does Goff's.

Lol....Goff does look more impressive throwing it but results matter have you ever thought he probably throws too hard some qbs just throw a catchable ball and thats what Mannion does.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol....Goff does look more impressive throwing it but results matter have you ever thought he probably throws too hard some qbs just throw a catchable ball and thats what Mannion does.

No.

Nor have I ever thought that Mannion's unimpressive velocity is because he throws a catchable ball. Nor do I think Mannion throws balls that are particularly easy to catch.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
The problem with reading @jerry32 's posts is you never really know where he stands. :cautious:

Athos

Legend

No one really had an issue catching a Favre ball.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Has anyone tracked reps for this week's practice? It would be pretty funny if they started Goff. It's not like you have to be honest about who is going to be active until gameday, just injuries.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has anyone tracked reps for this week's practice? It would be pretty funny if they started Goff. It's not like you have to be honest about who is going to be active until gameday, just injuries.

Fisher isn't going to do that. I wish he were that sly. :cry:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No.

Nor have I ever thought that Mannion's unimpressive velocity is because he throws a catchable ball. Nor do I think Mannion throws balls that are particularly easy to catch.

Receivers seem to catch them

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Receivers seem to catch them

That's because he checks the ball down constantly against preseason defenses. Nick Foles completed 81.8% of his passes against the Rams defense this preseason. He is a guy who throws a ball that isn't very catchable despite not throwing with a lot of zip. His high completion percentage against our defense came from him constantly throwing underneath when our defense made no attempt to guard it. Why? Because it's the preseason.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's because he checks the ball down constantly against preseason defenses. Nick Foles completed 81.8% of his passes against the Rams defense this preseason. He is a guy who throws a ball that isn't very catchable despite not throwing with a lot of zip. His high completion percentage against our defense came from him constantly throwing underneath when our defense made no attempt to guard it. Why? Because it's the preseason.

So did Goff his ypa is a lot lower then Mannion's and they both played against the same defenses and with the same receivers

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So did Goff his ypa is a lot lower then Mannion's and they both played against the same defenses and with the same receivers

They didn't play against the same defenses or even with the same receivers. Goff's YPA is lower because Goff's completion percentage is lower...mainly due to dropped passes.
Mannion Yards Per Completion - 8.3
Goff Yards Per Completion - 10.5

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
They didn't play against the same defenses or even with the same receivers. Goff's YPA is lower because Goff's completion percentage is lower...mainly due to dropped passes.

You have, in my opinion lost this argument. Goff was not /is not ready from my view. I am not convinced that it's the coaches fault because he is not ready. I think Fish gave him a break putting him out there with 2/3 mostly. Goff has yet to show me the "IT" factor nor the "I am going to take the bull by the horn and succeed despite you attitude" from Goff or the physical abilities that are special .Secondly the Rams have to win now. He is not demonstrated that ability to win now, drops or no drops,

Every QBs Yards per completion in comparison to Yards per attempt.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You have, in my opinion lost this argument. Goff was not /is not ready from my view. I am not convinced that it's the coaches fault because he is not ready. I think Fish gave him a break putting him out there with 2/3 mostly. Goff has yet to show me the "IT" factor nor the "I am going to take the bull by the horn and succeed despite you attitude" from Goff or the physical abilities that are special .Secondly the Rams have to win now. He is not demonstrated that ability to win now, drops or no drops,

In my opinion, I don't care about your opinion. Nor do you seem to know what this argument is about.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

That's the problem, he should have been playing more with the 1s in pre-season to get him ready for the regular season, Goff hardly played with them.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I could have sworn they did and Youre right Goff actually played with Britt and Mannion didnt. Goff yards per completion is more because he had less completions than mannion

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could have sworn they did and Youre right Goff actually played with Britt and Mannion didnt. Goff yards per completion is more because he had less completions than mannion

That has no effect on the stat. It's because Goff threw the ball down the field. Mannion didn't.

Goff also played with Brian Quick. And Goff played against #1 and #2 defenses.

And shockingly, Britt was able to catch Goff's passes. And Goff played well when he played with Britt and other 1s.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That has no effect on the stat. It's because Goff threw the ball down the field. Mannion didn't.

And shockingly, Britt was able to catch Goff's passes. And Goff played well when he played with Britt and other 1s.
In fact, Goff played against Denver #1 defense, with our #2 and 3 offense.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He went against more 2's than1's the entire vikings 3rd stringers were playing no starters at all the 2nd game the chiefs were missing a lot of their defensive starters too and the first game he played against 2nd stringers too. 2 yard passing difference really isnt all that either

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He went against more 2's than1's the entire vikings 3rd stringers were playing no starters at all the 2nd game the chiefs were missing a lot of their defensive starters too and the first game he played against 2nd stringers too. 2 yard passing difference really isnt all that either

A 2 yard difference per completion is a MASSIVE difference.

He did go against more 2s than 1s. You're correct on that. Mannion did not ever go against the 2s.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never earned the right.

Neither did many of the successful rookie QBs of the past decade. Their HCs still had enough foresight to put them in there. But I'm pissing against the wind. We're never going to see eye-to-eye on this. So I'm just going to say agree to disagree. Have a good night, my friend.