Jamon Brown taking 1st-team snaps at RT.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No one should be a given at any position on the line until they take the job. We have a new staff that has no real history of where they want the players to line up. GRob is going to have to win a job on this line. I don't think he should be assumed as a starter anywhere and I wouldn't even be surprised if he ends up as a swing or back-up guard. I think it will be more up to him to put in the work or show he has the intelligence to win a starting position. If Brown or Hav make a better RT - why would McVay care where GRob was drafted?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
“Today was the first day that he got some reps with that first group and I thought he did a nice job, just from what I saw out there," McVay said. "But again, the tape is always kind of the best thing to look at afterwards.”

Another thing I love about our new coach is you just know he's going to grind tape after practice and evaluate these guys. He's not going to get an "input" from his OL coach as his primary decision making tool. The dude is going to load it up and evaluate, and that my friends keeps the positional coaches honest too, where they raise the bar vice having the natural decay you get when things are too lax.

McVay reminds me so much of Dick Vermiel. Mentioned this before, and probably will again, but man. They really have a lot in common: insane drive, football-first above just about everything else, crazy good people skills and ability to make people feel good and buy in. Again, a great, great indicator for us that the Rams hit the lottery on Coach McVay.

“I think what you like about Jamon is his demeanor. I think he’s got a great disposition, where he’s willing to be coached," McVay said."He’s got good movement for a big, physical player. When he gets his hands on people, he certainly does a nice job of securing the line of scrimmage. Whether that be in the run game or in protection when he jump sets people.

Read between the lines on that statement. It's there IMO.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
"I think what you like about Jamon is his demeanor. I think he's got a great disposition where he's willing to be coached," McVay said.

I think this quote about Brown says a lot... If he's willing to learn and develop into a 'Kromer Guy' then I'm all for it. If he can do what coach Kromer tells him to and doesn't mess it up surely thats a bonus on the line