Jamon Brown taking 1st-team snaps at RT.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Jamon Brown Draft Profile

• 6'4"HEIGHT
  • 34 3/8"ARM LENGTH
  • 323LBS.WEIGHT
  • 9 3/4"HANDS

OVERVIEW
2014: Second-team All-ACC. Started all 13 games at LT. 2013: First-team All-AAC. Started all 13 games at LT. 2012: Started all 13 games at RT. 2011: Played in nine games with one start.

PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 5.09 seconds
Vertical jump: 28 inches
Broad jump: 8 feet, 7 inches
Short shuttle: 4.7 seconds
3-cone drill: 7.36 seconds
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Thick, wide frame. "Run-around" defenders have a long way to go to get around him. Adequate power in lower half to get initial push. Quicker than expected out of stance and with initial steps. Can beat defender to the spot as position blocker. Play speed will be a plus inside. Straight-line mover in space with potential to be effective blocker on inside zone plays from guard spot. Has experience at both tackle spots and at guard. Uses club move to initiate movement.
WEAKNESSES
Doesn't consistently unlock power. Has length but doesn't use it. Slow to process stunts. Struggles when defender gets to his edge. Overextends and loses assignment in pass sets. Lowers head like battering ram at punch point. Below-average recovery and redirect talent when beaten. Scouts believe conditioning is a legitimate concern for him late in games. Puts skates on when headed to second level. Must play with more body control.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 4 or 5
SOURCES TELL US
"He could go much higher than anyone thinks because he'll be on boards as a tackle or as a guard. He can move and he has some power so he will hit more teams draft boards than some of the other guys in the draft." - NFC Executive
NFL COMPARISON
Dallas Thomas
BOTTOM LINE
Intriguing tackle/guard prospect. His mass and athletic limitations are best-suited inside and his quickness off the snap could be an indicator that Brown's best football could be ahead of him. With a wider base and better body control, Brown could become a starting guard or potential tackle in power scheme.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jamon-brown?id=2552340

tempests

Hall of Fame
McVay is doing this to give GRob a scare. Let him think it is a reality that he won't play to light a fire under his butt.

After losing his starting job last year I can hardly believe GRob wouldn't come out this year with something to prove.

If he needs added incentive......wow.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
McVay has no ties to Robinson. He didn't draft him, so sitting his ass is well within his capability. Might not look good for Snead, but he could always float that it was a Fisher pick...

Memphis Ram

Legend
Rams' Greg Robinson will have to fight for a starting right tackle job

7:19 AM CT
Alden GonzalezESPN Staff Writer

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Greg Robinson will tell you he didn't see this coming, but he's happy to at least still be a tackle.

"Just the space," Robinson said. "It’s more natural for me."

Robinson, the No. 2 overall pick in 2014, struggled mightily at left tackle during his first three NFL seasons, prompting a switch to the right side. The Los Angeles Rams opted against picking up his fifth-year option earlier this spring, and now they're not even sure if Robinson will start for them. Jamon Brown, a guard through his first two years, was the one taking first-team snaps at right tackle during organized team activities on Tuesday, leaving Robinson to get his work done alongside the backups.

It's still early, though, and Robinson will tell you he's "getting accustomed" to his new position.

"The first week or so was a tough one, but I’m getting it down," he said. "As a goal, all I’m planning on doing is proving with every opportunity I can that I can do well on the right side."

Robinson committed an NFL-leading 31 total penalties over the last two years and was graded 71st among 78 qualified tackles by Pro Football Focus in 2016, a year when the offensive line's struggles made life miserable on quarterback Jared Goff and running back Todd Gurley. The Rams have since guaranteed $15 million to a 35-year-old Andrew Whitworth, solidifying themselves at left tackle and prompting change throughout the right side.

Rob Havenstein is transitioning from right tackle to right guard, a move prompted by the Rams' belief that he can do a better job of picking up assignments in the interior.

Right tackle, said first-year coach Sean McVay, "is something that we’re evaluating."

Brown, a third-round pick in 2015, made all of his starts at tackle for Louisville, starting on the right side before moving to the left. But with Robinson on the roster and Havenstein selected a round earlier, the Rams, under Jeff Fisher, used Brown mostly at left and right guard, giving him a combined 14 starts there in 2015-16. Going back to right tackle "was just kind of a suggestion last week because they’re trying to plug in guys and evaluate guys at different spots," Brown said.

McVay said Robinson has "shown some good signs" at right tackle, but also stated that Brown's athleticism and strength show up there.

"The majority of the stuff comes back pretty natural, just because that’s what I’ve been doing for the four years I was in college," Brown said. "It’s kind of easy to just kind of knock the rust off and just get back to doing what I do. "

Whitworth, a three-time Pro Bowler, has been helping Robinson any way he can. He's trying to act as "positive reinforcement," Whitworth said, talking through schemes, walking through technique and simply making himself available. He stands as a much-needed third veteran on this offensive line, along with left guard Rodger Saffold and center John Sullivan.

But Robinson, 24, must carve his own path, whatever that is.

"Honestly, just another day on the field is an opportunity," he said. "That’s all I’m looking forward to. I’m willing to just prove myself in any way I can, and every day that’s the only thing I’m focused on. Since the beginning I’ve been trying my best. In terms of my play, I wouldn’t say I’m satisfied. All I can do is keep stacking blocks and continue building."

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...n-will-have-to-fight-for-a-starting-job-at-rt

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Dude.....fellas....this is OTA's....Practice....Without Pads....no way to tell who's effective....and I am positive this is to give Brown some work....at RT....but until we see them in pads.....really hard to evaluate offensive line play

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Dude.....fellas....this is OTA's....Practice....Without Pads....no way to tell who's effective....and I am positive this is to give Brown some work....at RT....but until we see them in pads.....really hard to evaluate offensive line play

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Just to recap Snisher drafted a LT now at RT, a RT now at G and their G is at RT......just checkin.
987ff87b4625ab141301c43227b80a7e.gif

mockingbird.gif

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Wait....But Greg Robinson has elite skills....why is he on the bench for?:fuelfire:

Muth111314-7.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Wait....But Greg Robinson has elite skills....why is he on the bench for?:fuelfire:

Muth111314-7.gif
Between him and Mannion we have a hall of fame bench.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Greg is lacking in the mental agility department.
Yet I still don't get how people still hang onto him because he was a #2 pick. Guarantee if he was a 6th rounder they would be blowing the horns to fire him.

Dude is a bust, let's move on.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right on par for what the coaching staff has been saying. RT is going to be a battle.

I doubt it.

Been saying it and saying it: Brown will be one of the top 5. He isn't as talented as GRob, but he's got brains and he's a hard working/team kind of guy. Plus he's got the feet to play inside or outside.

Brown will be cemented as the starting RT by early camp IMO, while GRob deals with the horribly exacting mental transition to the right side. :jerkoff:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I doubt it.

Been saying it and saying it: Brown will be one of the top 5. He isn't as talented as GRob, but he's got brains and he's a hard working/team kind of guy. Plus he's got the feet to play inside or outside.

Brown will be cemented as the starting RT by early camp IMO, while GRob deals with the horribly exacting mental transition to the right side. :jerkoff:
He has to stay on the field for this to happen.

Memphis Ram

Legend
From time to time NFL teams swap 1st round disappointments entering the final year of their contacts.

I wonder if the Bears would take OL Greg Robinson in exchange for CB Kyle Fuller?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Muth111314-7.gif

Why would he start to go left? He must have known it was a running play down the gut, surely?