Jamon Brown taking 1st-team snaps at RT.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Being thorough. Mcvay never said he was committed to Robinson at right tackle. They probably wanna see Havenstein there too. Let the best man win at both spots

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Very possible, it could also be to see who the best 5 are, and where they fit. McVay had mentioned Brown being in the mix while talking about Robinson and Havenstien moving around.

Psycho_X

Legend
Honestly never really considered Brown as a tackle. Whatever gets the five best players on the field I don't care how it happens.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't know that I would read too much into this. Coach McVay has said that O-Line coach Aaron Kromer wants to have all his Linman Cross-Trained at various line positions!(y);):D

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Right on par for what the coaching staff has been saying. RT is going to be a battle.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I have been watching some game tape from last year
and was focusing on our o line.
My honest opinion is that I don't think Robinson can play either
tackle position.He was just looked really bad at times.He even looked
slow and cumbersome.over extending on punches.
If Kromer can fix him,he should get some coach of the year award.
As bad as Robinson was,he was not the worst.
Barnes .Wow.He was so so bad.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I really liked what I seen from Brown his rookie season. Will not be surprised to see him win a spot somewhere on the line this year

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Shamone was a second-team All-ACC Tackle. I still think he's better suited for guard.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Moving GRob to RT, i mean nobody is doing this kid any favors....

With that being said, at this point just feed me the jamon and the beans. I hope it's the staple for our Oline years to come!!!!

image.jpeg

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Kromer is just tinkering right now. And it's probably gonna continue for 2-3 more months.

So we shouldn't make too much of GRob's "demotion".

But if I had to guess? My opinion is still the same as it was a month ago. Hav will start at RT and Brown will start at RG.

GRob will be first off the bench.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
eQ3Fr6Aaa35HzMt0FCHXpyJx8BEB6v4e2vKfxYaQqikpOR-lmQOKG--1RmbcRBF2vVd5nQ=s128

Jamon Brown had a good start to his rookie season and it looked like the NFL wasn't too big for him and then the injury bug got him.

The St. Louis Rams likely lost their other starting guard Sunday against the Chicago Bears.
Nov 16, 2015

Rookie right guard Jamon Brown, the third-round pick out of Louisville, suffered what Rams coach Jeff Fisher called a fractured lower leg late in Sunday's 37-13 loss to the Bears. Early indications are that Brown also will be lost for the rest of the season.

i

"It doesn’t look good," Fisher said. "It looks like he’s got a lower leg fracture so he’ll probably be done (for the year)."

Brown left the game on a cart after he attempted to tackle Bears linebacker Willie Young following an interception. Fisher was unsure what exactly happened to Brown.

"You know what, I don’t know," Fisher said. "When I got over there, he was in a lot of pain. It was on the interception return.

He tried to make a tackle and in those particular situations, sometimes you get landed on in the back or get your foot caught in the turf. It’s unfortunate for JB because he was off to a great rookie year."

Brown, who was the first of the Rams' two third-round picks in May, started his ninth consecutive game Sunday.

Rookie Cody Wichmann replaced Brown against the Bears, though the Rams likely will decide between Wichmann and Andrew Donnal, who started at left guard against Minnesota last week, to replace Brown long term. Demetrius Rhaney is another option.

Meanwhile, Brown wasn't the only rookie Rams offensive lineman to suffer an injury against Chicago. Right tackle Rob Havenstein, who returned from an Achilles injury after missing the Minnesota game, also departed with a calf ailment. He did not return and had ice on the back of his leg on the sideline in the fourth quarter.

Undrafted rookie Darrell Williams replaced Havenstein at right tackle.

"We had Rob come out with a calf sprain so we made some changes up on the offensive line," Fisher said. "Nonetheless, it shouldn’t be a reason that we lost the game."

Regardless, the Rams will now have to do even more shuffling to an offensive line that hasn't had much success in 2015.
http://www.espn.com/blog/st-louis-r...-brown-likely-lost-for-season-to-leg-fracture

November 1, 2016
While the Los Angeles Rams offensive line has struggled, they’ll have Jamon Brown back in action this week after surgery on his right hand.

Brown did not play in Week 4 or Week 7 of the NFL season this year and the Rams are coming off a bye week. According to ESPN’s Alden Gonalez, he is ready to return.

âś”@Alden_Gonzalez
Rams RG Jamon Brown had surgery to repair a metacarpal fracture in his right hand last week and is already good to go. He's tougher than me.

The offensive lineman broke his hand during practice while his team was in London and had surgery last week. He said he was good to go depending on his pain tolerance and was already back on the practice field.

11/01/2016
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Jamon-Brown-Press-Conference---111/7064d2c9-3bde-47c0-8d58-b0e62e9a99ce

Many of us Remember his Draft Bio..

NFL.com projects him to be drafted in the 4th or 5th, but CBS Sports is not as high on him, putting him in the 7th-UDFA range(320th overall, 25th OT). National Football Post projected that he could even go as high as the 3rd round, and labeled him an ascending player in this year's draft process.

Brown has started games for the Cardinals in each of his 4 years at Louisville, but didn't become a full time starter until his sophomore year. Once he became a starting OT, he hasn't missed a game, starting 39 regular season games over the last 3 years.

Brown played RT in 2012, then shifted over to the left side for his last two years. Brown projects to guard or right tackle in the NFL, which just so happen to be areas the Redskins could use an upgrade.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2015/4/16/...sville-ot-jamon-brown-will-visit-the-redskins

Jamon Brown Drafted in the 3rd Round (No. 72) overall

OVERVIEW
2014: Second-team All-ACC. Started all 13 games at LT. 2013: First-team All-AAC. Started all 13 games at LT. 2012: Started all 13 games at RT. 2011: Played in nine games with one start.

PRO DAY RESULTS
40-yard dash: 5.09 seconds
Vertical jump: 28 inches
Broad jump: 8 feet, 7 inches
Short shuttle: 4.7 seconds
3-cone drill: 7.36 seconds

STRENGTHS
Thick, wide frame. "Run-around" defenders have a long way to go to get around him. Adequate power in lower half to get initial push. Quicker than expected out of stance and with initial steps. Can beat defender to the spot as position blocker. Play speed will be a plus inside. Straight-line mover in space with potential to be effective blocker on inside zone plays from guard spot. Has experience at both tackle spots and at guard. Uses club move to initiate movement.

WEAKNESSES
Doesn't consistently unlock power. Has length but doesn't use it. Slow to process stunts. Struggles when defender gets to his edge. Overextends and loses assignment in pass sets. Lowers head like battering ram at punch point. Below-average recovery and redirect talent when beaten. Scouts believe conditioning is a legitimate concern for him late in games. Puts skates on when headed to second level. Must play with more body control.

DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 4 or 5

SOURCES TELL US
"He could go much higher than anyone thinks because he'll be on boards as a tackle or as a guard. He can move and he has some power so he will hit more teams draft boards than some of the other guys in the draft." - NFC Executive

NFL COMPARISON
Dallas Thomas

BOTTOM LINE
Intriguing tackle/guard prospect. His mass and athletic limitations are best-suited inside and his quickness off the snap could be an indicator that Brown's best football could be ahead of him. With a wider base and better body control, Brown could become a starting guard or potential tackle in power scheme.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jamon-brown?id=2552340

Like everyone is saying, I'm happy that without a doubt, McVay and Kromer will start their best 5 O-Lineman (y)

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Alden GonzalezESPN Staff Writer
Rams coach Sean McVay: "The right tackle position is something that we're evaluating. I think Greg (Robinson) has shown some good signs. Any time you transition from the left to the right, there is an adjustment period. It was good to see Jamon Brown. He's continuing to grow and improve. ... You can see his athleticism and his strength. That's a position where we feel like we've got some good options."

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
McVay is doing this to give GRob a scare. Let him think it is a reality that he won't play to light a fire under his butt.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Id like to see what Brown can do at RT, im not surprised he's taking snaps from Robinson...