Jalen Ramsey Signs 5yr Extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
This in many ways is the ultimate compliment for a cornerback.
I remember watching Deion Sanders games and wondering if he disappeared or something. Turns out that the QBs just wanted nothing to do with him.
This is great news if Jalen is in this same class.

~ArkyRamsFan~

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This in many ways is the ultimate compliment for a cornerback.
I remember watching Deion Sanders games and wondering if he disappeared or something. Turns out that the QBs just wanted nothing to do with him.
This is great news if Jalen is in this same class.

~ArkyRamsFan~
If corners Troy Hill would have come into 2020 as the same corner he was over the latter half of 2019.......& CB Darious Williams was not suffering a nagging Achilles injury....in addition the reserve corners of David Long & Terrell Burgess would have developed much better than they have to this point ............that Ramsey would have been utilized more often all over the field in all of the back 8 defensive positions. Thus providing Jalen Ramsey many more opportunities to get those dynamic game-changing turnovers.

Ram65

Legend
Who is helping Ramsey with tips on coverage?

Didn't he let up two TD against then Bills?

…..

Legend
Who is helping Ramsey with tips on coverage?

Didn't he let up two TD against then Bills?

He made a mistake on one by following the QB’s eyes, the other though was great coverage and he blew up Diggs’ route. That TD came on the secondary move. Looked lucky to me.

I’m going to assume your throwin jabs with the rest of your post.

Ram65

Legend
He made a mistake on one by following the QB’s eyes, the other though was great coverage and he blew up Diggs’ route. That TD came on the secondary move. Looked lucky to me.

I’m going to assume your throwin jabs with the rest of your post.

He made a big mistake not staying with his man the TE.

He made another mistake by going for the Diggs' fake to the outside when there wasn't much room near the sideline. The announcers said he made a big mistake there.

For 21.5 Mil a year average salary he should do better.

…..

Legend

I figured thats where we were headed.

I dissagree with the announcers on the Diggs TD but otherwise its not really my thing to tear down Ramsey after holding Diggs to 4 receptions.

You got this.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He made a big mistake not staying with his man the TE.

He made another mistake by going for the Diggs' fake to the outside when there wasn't much room near the sideline. The announcers said he made a big mistake there.

Its alla new scheme for him too. Clearly everyone on our back end is struggling with assignments, as our most secondaries seem to be this year.

Its also clear from watching that the effort, commitment and talent is there, so I fully expect him to get back to his lock down status as a top 3 corner in this league once he is fully confident and comfortable in his and his teammates assignments.

A good zone secondary is like an Offensive Line. It requires some time to gel, to think as one and see things the same. If we aren't a well oiled machine in the secondary by the bye, I will be surprised. We have the parts back there.
That said, I don't care who the corners are, without enough pressure on the QB, NFL WRs are going to get open.

Ram65

Legend
I figured thats where we were headed.

I dissagree with the announcers on the Diggs TD but otherwise its not really my thing to tear down Ramsey after holding Diggs to 4 receptions.

You got this.

It's not a bad thing to question Ramsey's coverage. He got faked out where the announcer said he didn't have to. I tend to agree with the announcer on that one. I don't know if he was following Diggs all day. He did have the TE on the other TD. I don't know if he is as good as his reputation around here is. Thanks for letting me have this. It's not the first time I questioned the trade and new contract amount. Let's see how he does the rest of the way.

Its alla new scheme for him too. Clearly everyone on our back end is struggling with assignments, as our most secondaries seem to be this year.

Its also clear from watching that the effort, commitment and talent is there, so I fully expect him to get back to his lock down status as a top 3 corner in this league once he is fully confident and comfortable in his and his teammates assignments.

A good zone secondary is like an Offensive Line. It requires some time to gel, to think as one and see things the same. If we aren't a well oiled machine in the secondary by the bye, I will be surprised. We have the parts back there.
That said, I don't care who the corners are, without enough pressure on the QB, NFL WRs are going to get open.

I hope he is a top-three lockdown corner for the Rams. I'm not sure if he is.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's not a bad thing to question Ramsey's coverage. He got faked out where the announcer said he didn't have to. I tend to agree with the announcer on that one. I don't know if he was following Diggs all day. He did have the TE on the other TD. I don't know if he is as good as his reputation around here is. Thanks for letting me have this. It's not the first time I questioned the trade and new contract amount. Let's see how he does the rest of the way.

Consistent top 10 through his 5 year deal plus leadership skills and I'll take it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There's a lot of ball left this season. Ramsey has been on an island on a lot of the snaps so far too. I don't think it's accurate to ride his ass like he's played poorly. But I do think he needs to be the example back there like Gilmore is in New England. Be that guy who everyone looks to, when the film review goes down on Tuesday the coach should be able to point to him at any moment in the game as that example of consistency. All the greats have the consistency.

That TD he gave up was pretty bad. He shouldn't be the guy giving those up. If someone's going to give those up let it be Hill.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg

Not sure what your realistic expectations are for a top tier CB are but, I'll take him every day of the week and twice on Sundays comparatively.

Ram65

Legend
I don't think it's accurate to ride his ass like he's played poorly.

If you are referring to my comments. There are not made to ride his ass. I was just questioning some plays he let up. In another thread, I said it's hard to see the safety play by watching on TV. Same for CB play. I don't recall seeing Ramsey knock passes down while in coverage like I've seen other CB do. He may be playing great coverage by not having many passes thrown his way. Of course, it could be that Hill and Williams are easier CBs to target.

That TD he gave up was pretty bad. He shouldn't be the guy giving those up. If someone's going to give those up let it be Hill.

Which one are you referring to?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If you are referring to my comments. There are not made to ride his ass. I was just questioning some plays he let up. In another thread, I said it's hard to see the safety play by watching on TV. Same for CB play. I don't recall seeing Ramsey knock passes down while in coverage like I've seen other CB do. He may be playing great coverage by not having many passes thrown his way. Of course, it could be that Hill and Williams are easier CBs to target.

Which one are you referring to?
Wasn't calling you out. I'm just pointing out perspective is all. I don't think his play is all that bad thus far, over the three games. Buffalo wasn't up to his standard but he should bounce back.

If not we got probs. And yes in general he's going to cause the other two to get more action. No doubt about that teams don't fuck with Ramsey unless it's an obvious read, some will read right past him even if he's singled up. In fact I think as these guys settle in Hill is going to get the most action because Williams is pretty sound. Hill's the guy teams are going to keep coming after.