Jalen Ramsey Signs 5yr Extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the Cowboys are pushing 15 million of Lawrence's salary into the next few years? That's like paying for a dead horse. I think the Rams front office is better than that, although Dallas must have a reason. Maybe Jerruh is gambling for a Super Bowl run. (lol... not with that team)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the Cowboys are pushing 15 million of Lawrence's salary into the next few years? That's like paying for a dead horse. I think the Rams front office is better than that, although Dallas must have a reason. Maybe Jerruh is gambling for a Super Bowl run. (lol... not with that team)
Sign Dak to the biggest qb contract would be my guess. Also Lawrence takes on a cap hit of $84 million the next three years.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely, the thing is this doesn't change the way or when and how the player gets paid. It's just how the Rams account for it on their books. It's all a gimmick.
That's good. When my nephew signed a minor league contract with the Brewers it was for low 6 figures signing bonus. He was 21 and it was a rude awakening when he deposited roughly 55 per cent. (He also got 40 grand in some kind of escrow account to finish his last year of school).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's good. When my nephew signed a minor league contract with the Brewers it was for low 6 figures signing bonus. He was 21 and it was a rude awakening when he deposited roughly 55 per cent. (He also got 40 grand in some kind of escrow account to finish his last year of school).
Was that taxes? I could understand that nit sure about them splitting payment of a bonus like that. Also congrats to your nephew!

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I’d guess agent percentage would also be a factor involved too. Not sure how much but it’s got to be significant (5-10%?). Unless he negotiated without one.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But this cap space can be rolled over into next year creating more money to sign him to. That’s what I was trying to say, however poorly I worded it.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Wish credit for a freaking post was my most important concern...It's not, as I live in Phoenix, OR., a city (or what little is left of it ) in dire straights...
My thoughts and prayers are with you guys. I love that area. i live in Redding, Ca.

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
The takeaway lesson is that if a team gives up two first round picks for a guy who is still on his rookie contract, that team has pretty much signed a blank check to that player.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Most know I was not a huge fan of the Ramsey trade and made threads about it but honestly man, that time has come and gone. W

yeah i agree but i was asked what my alternative was so i went back to before he was traded for.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Invaluable leadership:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is interesting, per Robert Woods: Not only does Jalen Ramsey study the receivers around the league that he may match up against...he also studies all of the corners and works with Rams receivers on certain techniques to use against them.</p>&mdash; Jourdan Rodrigue (@JourdanRodrigue) <a href="
View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1308904400174428169?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
">September 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
At the end of his contract, for his quality of play and leadership, I think his contract is gonna look very reasonable

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Invaluable leadership:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is interesting, per Robert Woods: Not only does Jalen Ramsey study the receivers around the league that he may match up against...he also studies all of the corners and works with Rams receivers on certain techniques to use against them.</p>&mdash; Jourdan Rodrigue (@JourdanRodrigue) <a href="
View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1308904400174428169?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
">September 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That right there is worth its weight in gold, especially for the development of young players like Jefferson.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That right there is worth its weight in gold, especially for the development of young players like Jefferson.

Yes. Then a high quality guy like Jefferson... keeps that leadership pipeline queued up! :horns:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Cameron DaSilva
Fri, October 2, 2020, 7:55 AM EDT

Jalen Ramsey has yet to pick off a pass for the Rams this season, breaking up only two in three games. That’s primarily the result of him seeing very few targets in coverage, with quarterbacks only throwing 19 passes his way.

He’s allowed 11 completions for just 97 yards and a touchdown, allowing a stellar 5.1 yards per target – the best of his career so far, according to Pro Football Reference. He may have given up a score to Stefon Diggs in Week 3, but his overall performance in 2020 has been what the Rams hoped.

Pro Football Focus recently ranked the top 10 corners in the NFL through three games this season and Ramsey checked in at No. 7. Here’s what PFF wrote about the Rams’ star corner.
The Rams don’t play a whole lot of man coverage (21%, seventh-lowest rate through Week 2), but quarterbacks have been scared to throw Ramsey’s way when he’s in man-to-man. He has logged 20 coverage snaps on the outside in man and has yet to see a single target. Ramsey is at his best when the Rams are playing Cover 6, though. On those snaps, he has logged a 90.3 coverage grade, the second-best mark in the NFL.

Ramsey was typically a man-coverage cornerback with the Jaguars, but the Rams have gone zone heavy this season. He’s still thrived in that role, even if he’s not constantly matching up with No. 1 receivers in man coverage.

The Rams have to be thrilled with how he’s performed so far, even if he has yet to force a turnover. He’s had an impact on the field – both in practice and in games – and has grabbed hold of a leadership role in the Rams locker room.