Jalen Ramsey setting reporters straight. Walks out of interview,but returns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Jalen Ramsey is house hunting in L.A. but doesn't have 'Calabasas money yet

Jalen Ramsey showed some frustration on a recent conference call with reporters after he was pressed with questions about his contract situation. Ramsey doesn’t want to hear anything about the negotiations from his agent until the deal is done. However, talks seem to be going well and it’s expected that the All-Pro corner will be in L.A. for the long haul. During the Rams’ virtual tailgate on Sunday night, Ramsey checked in from his car – not because he was on his way home from the facility, but because he was out house hunting. Michael Brockers tried to convince Ramsey to move to Calabasas, but Ramsey said he can’t afford that area … yet. It’s coming, don’t worry about that, Michael Brockers said.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Jalen Ramsey showed some frustration on a recent conference call with reporters after he was pressed with questions about his contract situation. Ramsey doesn’t want to hear anything about the negotiations from his agent until the deal is done. However, talks seem to be going well and it’s expected that the All-Pro corner will be in L.A. for the long haul. During the Rams’ virtual tailgate on Sunday night, Ramsey checked in from his car – not because he was on his way home from the facility, but because he was out house hunting. Michael Brockers tried to convince Ramsey to move to Calabasas, but Ramsey said he can’t afford that area … yet. It’s coming, don’t worry about that, Michael Brockers said.

This is exactly why you shouldn't trust a word from these bozo reporters. He wasn't frustrated with the Rams, he was frustrated with idiot journalists.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I had no idea what Calabasas is, took a google image search and heard a faint shout. It was my wallet screaming "NOPE!"

That's some straight Tony Stark type shit.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is exactly why you shouldn't trust a word from these bozo reporters. He wasn't frustrated with the Rams, he was frustrated with idiot journalists.

Oh for sure, it's tabloid fodder trash writing.
I did find the bit about Ramsey house hunting in Los Angeles interesting enough to share it though.
Seems like a lot of extra Ramsey attention lately. Hopefully this gets done soon and Ramsey reaches his potential for many years with Aaron Donald and the Rams.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh for sure, it's tabloid fodder trash writing.
I did find the bit about Ramsey house hunting in Los Angeles interesting enough to share it though.
Seems like a lot of extra Ramsey attention lately. Hopefully this gets done soon and Ramsey reaches his potential for many years with Aaron Donald and the Rams.

yeah, it was on the virtual tailgate party the rams did yesterday. that not having "Calabasas money yet" comment was a joke with brockers, who told him to come and look for houses in his area.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Yeah reporters can be idiots hounding players with the same dumb questions over and over. They each want to be the first one that heard the so-called breaking news. But saying that, Ramsey should go watch Jordan on Last Dance for patience tactics. That guy had to put up with the stupidest questions non stop. Sure he had his dad answer during the gambling stuff, but a lot of times he would just give the same one line answer or say next question. "We gonna take about the game? There you go!" But nobody's like Jordan.

dang

Legend
Keep that edge Ramsey. I’d dislike playing you against my team but love you playing for my team. And you bring the wood unlike that non-tackling blown-coverage Me not We cb we offloaded to Baltimore.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Why haven't the Rams announced Ramsey's extension? Surely they're not gonna let him play out his contract this season?

MachS

Hall of Fame

Why haven't the Rams announced Ramsey's extension? Surely they're not gonna let him play out his contract this season?

I sure hope not, dont know what the front office is doing.

FYI in the last 24hrs Jalen has unfollowed the Rams on all social media (twitter and IG), and changed his profile pictures from rams colors to his own JR logo. He's obviously not happy, so wouldn't doubt if Josenia Anderson's tweet is true.

By all accounts he's had an amazing camp and been great in the locker room and as a leader on the field. Why would we not have this contract done already? Why risk him not playing or some other stupid shit and ruining this season?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
FYI in the last 24hrs Jalen has unfollowed the Rams on all social media (twitter and IG), and changed his profile pictures from rams colors to his own JR logo.

No question Covid has thrown a curveball here. The math equation the Rams (all teams) were working with, has changed... things not as straight forward as would have been...

It will get figured out... but no question, trickier. I think that’s why Jalen has been patient too... I think all sides see this.

But... yeah, I bet it’s frustrating.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

Just spitballing here but Jalen shares an agent with Deshaun Watson and obviously he has been busy this week. Hopefully his agent has the time to prioritise the Ramsey deal now.

It will get done, don't sweat it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Bills signed CB Tre'Davious White to a four-year, $70 million contract extension.
White lands $55 million guaranteed and deservedly so. The $17.5 million average is the highest at the position. Only 25 years old, White finished second among qualifying corners in passer rating allowed in coverage last season as the Bills' shut down corner. He's one of the top corners already and is barely entering the prime of his career. White's presence on the outside allows the Bills to create pressure in the trenches. Expect White to compete for All-Pro honors in 2020 and beyond.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

here are the parameters, get it done.

Psycho_X

Legend

Bills signed CB Tre'Davious White to a four-year, $70 million contract extension.
White lands $55 million guaranteed and deservedly so. The $17.5 million average is the highest at the position. Only 25 years old, White finished second among qualifying corners in passer rating allowed in coverage last season as the Bills' shut down corner. He's one of the top corners already and is barely entering the prime of his career. White's presence on the outside allows the Bills to create pressure in the trenches. Expect White to compete for All-Pro honors in 2020 and beyond.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

here are the parameters, get it done.

Perfect, there's no reason the deal should be much different than this one. If the Rams are willing to pay this in whatever form they want I can't see any reason this isn't done soon. IF they don't want to pay this then... well, shit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I suspect Ramsey wants to be above and beyond everyone else. And he's ready to play and show he deserves it. This is why I think he's in for what might be his best season in 2020.

If the Rams don't get this done before the season he's probably going to hit the market. Which is what I expected from the beginning btw which is why at the time I wanted them to lock him up quickly. Dude is now sniffing ridiculous money IMO.

Ram65

Legend
The trade was a big risk to start with losing draft capital and no contract that was going to be extremely high cost.

Snead stated they were on the same page when he made the deal as far as a contract was concerned. Apparently that page may have been from different books. They should have had a deal done. Maybe they waited for White's deal first. They have time and can go into the early part of the season. Get the deal done sooner than later Les.

MachS

Hall of Fame
It would be absolutely unfortgvable for us to trade 2 first round picks and not get him signed. An all pro CB on a HOF trajectory who is 25yrs old. Even if that means we cant sign Kupp which I HATE, we just have to sign Ramsey after giving up those picks. As great as he is, Kupp is 27 already and tends to get nicked up every year. But I think we should sign both and cut/trade another players contract if we must. You cant let a player this good walk after giving up two 1s, you just cant.