Jalen Ramsey setting reporters straight. Walks out of interview,but returns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Don't blame the man. He answered the question twice, but reporters kept pushing.
Media pricks need to leave the man alone and let him focus on football
(May be a repost,but I couldn't find it in search)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He's very well spoken actually. I liked how the question immediately after was..."I have a question about football..." lol.

Also I'm buying his jersey.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Him walking out there was childish. Then he's got to mention someone begged him to come back. This guy needs to grow a fucking thicker skin. You want to be a star, be in the limelight, you gotta be able to handle the press. He's got a quick switch when things aren't going his way.

And note that I'm not a fan of Lindsey Thiry or the LA press in general. But it's not like they were grilling him. It's a legit question and he could definitely man up and handle his shit when it gets asked.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good for him! Like him more for putting idiot reporters in their place.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Him walking out there was childish. Then he's got to mention someone begged him to come back. This guy needs to grow a fucking thicker skin. You want to be a star, be in the limelight, you gotta be able to handle the press. He's got a quick switch when things aren't going his way.

And note that I'm not a fan of Lindsey Thiry or the LA press in general. But it's not like they were grilling him. It's a legit question and he could definitely man up and handle his shit when it gets asked.
I think your personal dislike of him is clouding your judgment here. It could've been so much worse. if ramsey doesn't want to answer a certain question he doesn't have to.

Ram65

Legend
It was just awkward. You could tell he didn't want to get into it. Lindsey Thiry didn't have to keep it going. I'm sure he would like to have a new deal who wouldn't everyone?

Maybe he should have said the first time: My agent and Rams management will handle the new contract. Let's move on to football etc...like he said when he came back.

Leaving was a little immature. Let's not make a big deal out of all of this. No harm no foul. He should say he is not going to answer any more questions about the contract.

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Typical shock jock bullshit from the reporters.

He answered the question numerous times.
If they don't like the answer, well, tough shit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think your personal dislike of him is clouding your judgment here. It could've been so much worse. if ramsey doesn't want to answer a certain question he doesn't have to.
Not at all. He wants a team to back the brinks truck up for him, that comes with a price and that is being a guy who has to interact with the media. The media is going to ask the same question. They're gonna ask dumb questions. The guy needs to grow a skin.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was just awkward. You could tell he didn't want to get into it. Lindsey Thiry didn't have to keep it going. I'm sure he would like to have a new deal who wouldn't everyone?

Maybe he should have said the first time: My agent and Rams management will handle the new contract. Let's move on to football etc...like he said when he came back.

Leaving was a little immature. Let's not make a big deal out of all of this. No harm no foul. He should say he is not going to answer any more questions about the contract.
Problem is this isn't the first time he's done exactly the bolded. Reporters don't get it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not at all. He wants a team to back the brinks truck up for him, that comes with a price and that is being a guy who has to interact with the media. The media is going to ask the same question. They're gonna ask dumb questions. The guy needs to grow a skin.
So the media after he answers multiple questions about his contract future can just keep asking the same question over and over and over again? Get a grip man the same things happened with AD and many many many other players. Change the player out and the media all does the same thing. He absolutely is living up to his media obligations and doing it great. I like him more for not putting up with idiot reporters shit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the media after he answers multiple questions about his contract future can just keep asking the same question over and over and over again? Get a grip man the same things happened with AD and many many many other players. Change the player out and the media all does the same thing. He absolutely is living up to his media obligations and doing it great. I like him more for not putting up with idiot reporters shit.
I don't recall AD ever walking out like that. Let alone walking out so quickly with so little pressure by the media. He'd smile and shake his head, next question and keep moving. But I'm interested in seeing that if it did happen.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't recall AD ever walking out like that. Let alone walking out so quickly with so little pressure by the media. He'd smile and shake his head, next question and keep moving. But I'm interested in seeing that if it did happen.
But do you remember him getting testy with reporters for asking it many times? How about the more recent media pissing off a Rams player and the reporters asking Gurley a dozen times every media session about his knee? Honestly it's surprising anybody would fault him in this after literally answering the contract question and asking to move on to football and some fucking idiot thinks their special and asking again.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But do you remember him getting testy with reporters for asking it many times? How about the more recent media pissing off a Rams player and the reporters asking Gurley a dozen times every media session about his knee? Honestly it's surprising anybody would fault him in this after literally answering the contract question and asking to move on to football and some fucking idiot thinks their special and asking again.
AD getting testy sure but he is an adult who can weather those morons. Same with Gurley, I mean I didn't like the way he would sulk but he never walked out for that little bit of antagonization by the press.

You think I just don't like him. And I don't. But outside of that I think he needs to grow a fucking skin. He's a star. Raising his game there needs to happen. If I'm a team rep I'd help the guy stay and "fight" by standing his ground there and making Lindsey look like the idiot she is instead of "flight" and making himself look like a kid. Man the fuck up.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Fuck pretty much all media. I can count on one hand the complete list of talking heads that I respect and/or listen to. The rest can kick rocks...that includes Thiry.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AD getting testy sure but he is an adult who can weather those morons. Same with Gurley, I mean I didn't like the way he would sulk but he never walked out for that little bit of antagonization by the press.

You think I just don't like him. And I don't. But outside of that I think he needs to grow a fucking skin. He's a star. Raising his game there needs to happen. If I'm a team rep I'd help the guy stay and "fight" by standing his ground there and making Lindsey look like the idiot she is instead of "flight" and making himself look like a kid. Man the fuck up.
Sounds like you need to man up :) I agree with the other poster you just don't like Ramsey

Edit: I definitely think he could have handled it differently, I'm just not going to absolve Thiry of what she did. And she's not the only one who does this. I have no issue with a player ending interviews when a media member cannot be professional enough to do their job properly especially somebody who works for BSPN and likes to point out when everybody else does something wrong but glosses over their inadequacies.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like you need to man up :) I agree with the other poster you just don't like Ramsey

Edit: I definitely think he could have handled it differently, I'm just not going to absolve Thiry of what she did. And she's not the only one who does this. I have no issue with a player ending interviews when a media member cannot be professional enough to do their job properly especially somebody who works for BSPN and likes to point out when everybody else does something wrong but glosses over their inadequacies.
Nice job making it personal man. I'd really enjoy doing the same but gonna move on cheers. :beer2:

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The media is always looking for a "gotcha" answer. They are the rudest people, and will not take NO for an answer. Let's give Ramsey a break here. I'm not sure I could (or would) act any differently than he did.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Guess we're just going have to agree to disagree on this one, Merlin.
No big deal though. Cuz I respect the hell out of ya.
And if I had a way to do it I'd send you one of these sob's Cheers!

ice cold beer.jpg

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
i think that the press at times goes to far but what is worse a reporter that presses to get answers to important questions or one who only asks softball question. not saying there isn't a happy medium but to make the press the villain isn't right either.