Jalen Ramsey setting reporters straight. Walks out of interview,but returns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
Problem is this isn't the first time he's done exactly the bolded. Reporters don't get it.

The reporters get it alright: they just don't care for his answer, and they want to keep pressing for an answer ... even an inflammatory one ... that they prefer. Some reporters are paid to be pricks.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
All he has to do is say next question until he gets a question he wants to answer. They will get board and move on. Really though, I don't care how a player acts to the media as long as it isn't my QB.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Having said that, these reporters, shame on them. They should know this guy is a Diva and it prone to emotional reactions. It doesn't help the team to fan the flames like this.
Yep, and a lot of these "journalists" would rather bait these guys into a (viral)tantrum than get a straightforward(boring) interview.

oldnotdead

Legend
Yep, and a lot of these "journalists" would rather bait these guys into a (viral)tantrum than get a straightforward(boring) interview.

I absolutely agree. They knew going in that he had told his agent he didn't want to talk about the contract during the season and for the agent to handle it. So they could have simply talked to his manager but THEY DIDN'T INSTEAD THEY INTENTIONALLY BAITED HIM. People need to quit defending moron reporters who do this and call them out on it.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yep Jalen answered the question twice
It appeared as if everyone was ready to move on and then Lindsey or whoever the f**k it was would not let it go.
She didn't just repeat the question, rather she implied that he wasn't answering the question correctly.
Mojo I don't know about you ,but IMO "Journalism" is a MF joke, these days.
Yea he may could handle it differently, but back when I was his age, I probably wouldn't have done any better.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I absolutely agree. They knew going in that he had told his agent he didn't want to talk about the contract during the season and for the agent to handle it. So they could have simply talked to his manager but THEY DIDN'T INSTEAD THEY INTENTIONALLY BAITED HIM. People need to quit defending moron reporters who do this and call them out on it.
Preach Brother Preach!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron Donald got asked about his contract for two years, and he handled it very well. Ramsey could learn from him.
As said previously, Aaron Donald held out of training camp 2 years in a row and didnt have to deal with this.
Ramsey came on board with the Rams, and said out of the gate he wouldnt hold out. He's been extremely professional and showing up to answers these idiotic questions, which he doesnt have to do.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
AD getting testy sure but he is an adult who can weather those morons. Same with Gurley, I mean I didn't like the way he would sulk but he never walked out for that little bit of antagonization by the press.

You think I just don't like him. And I don't. But outside of that I think he needs to grow a fucking skin. He's a star. Raising his game there needs to happen. If I'm a team rep I'd help the guy stay and "fight" by standing his ground there and making Lindsey look like the idiot she is instead of "flight" and making himself look like a kid. Man the fuck up.
You could say the same about the press. They are not entitled to the answer THEY want. They need to "get a skin" and understand when to move on rather than being the spoiled ass hats they've become. They also need to realize THEY are not the story.

I think you need to think back on how different pro athletes have handled themselves and maybe remember that a shit load of them have handled things far worse. Our young corner wasn't even in the ball park of a great many others.

And for the record, Michael Jordon walked out of at least a couple press conferences throughout his career. He also refused to answer some of their inane questions. Let's not make him out to be a saint.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were trying to bait him to get a response so they can have something to exploit.
And people are excusing the reporters for being ass clowns and piling on the guy tired of their shit which baffles me.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As said previously, Aaron Donald held out of training camp 2 years in a row and didnt have to deal with this.
I agree about training camp, but when Aaron Donald did report, and throughout the entire season, he did have to deal with it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree about training camp, but when Aaron Donald did report, and throughout the entire season, he did have to deal with it.
The Rams
Should have done the same with Todd Gurley!!! Especially with his knee history at Georgia.

He was a DIVA & didn’t want to make a issue of it. l. Bell held out the whole season. The Rams got burned trying to safe on the bidding war of who was going to get paid more.

Add the RB position..

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, not exactly. When he reported after the First holdout, the season was just starting and the media was all about the opener. And during the season it was a simple “we won’t talk about a new contract until the season is over” talk.
second year he came back only after signing new deal.
I cast no aspersions on Donald, he did what he needed to do. But to say he could teach Ramsey a thing or two about handling these things “the right way” is like asking Tiger Woods for tips on how to keep your wife from being suspicious

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, not exactly. When he reported after the First holdout, the season was just starting and the media was all about the opener. And during the season it was a simple “we won’t talk about a new contract until the season is over” talk.
second year he came back only after signing new deal.
I cast no aspersions on Donald, he did what he needed to do. But to say he could teach Ramsey a thing or two about handling these things “the right way” is like asking Tiger Woods for tips on how to keep your wife from being suspicious

Mcvay handles these things well. Peters learned a lot from Talib though.
The Rams blew that whole thing up before it got out of control.

The Rams Trust RAMsey !!! He did the right thing by making it ALL about Football moving forward & actually less of a distraction for BOTH Rams Organization & RAMsey himself.

It will get taken care of !!! I don’t know if he will have a Back Issue this season as opposed to last season with the JAGS !!
Go Rams !!

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
And people are excusing the reporters for being ass clowns and piling on the guy tired of their shit which baffles me.

i am about the only one on this list defending reporters and i am only partially defending them. there is no doubt that they can go to far at times but i don't know how many times on this very list i have seen reporters blamed for being lazy and not doing the work to know our team. they are blamed for just repeating coach speak or other reporters. just saying that they are not always the enemy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i am about the only one on this list defending reporters and i am only partially defending them. there is no doubt that they can go to far at times but i don't know how many times on this very list i have seen reporters blamed for being lazy and not doing the work to know our team. they are blamed for just repeating coach speak or other reporters. just saying that they are not always the enemy.
And the players aren’t the bad guy for reacting to the reporters the way they do. I’m not excusing anybody the over reaction to the players only doing wrong by some is wrong to me.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
And the players aren’t the bad guy for reacting to the reporters the way they do. I’m not excusing anybody the over reaction to the players only doing wrong by some is wrong to me.
Your reports on players getting in trouble during the offseason shows how dumb some players can be.

Look at Greg Robinson. I used to here him in his interviews & shaking my head. Dude proved how dumb he is !!!

Look at Greg Robinson now. If he worked even closed to Aaron Donald from the start he would have been an All-Pro.. Talent alone doesn’t make a player. It’s what is inside there heart.

RAMsey is a Diva player , but a report should do his research before an interview. As Fans we know players from other teams by looking at each up coming week from this types of reporters & interviews.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
What would future Hall of Fame, head coach Bill Billacheat do?
Bill is the rudest POS at these meetings.
He will be in a POST game meeting and will only discuss next weeks game?

Ramsey is fine.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your reports on players getting in trouble during the offseason shows how dumb some players can be.

Look at Greg Robinson. I used to here him in his interviews & shaking my head. Dude proved how dumb he is !!!

Look at Greg Robinson now. If he worked even closed to Aaron Donald from the start he would have been an All-Pro.. Talent alone doesn’t make a player. It’s what is inside there heart.

RAMsey is a Diva player , but a report should do his research before an interview. As Fans we know players from other teams by looking at each up coming week from this types of reporters & interviews.
Your point? I didn’t say I was excusing players for their issues.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Your point? I didn’t say I was excusing players for their issues.

Yep - both players & reporters. Everyone has to hold themselves accountable. Same as us on this board. I’ve been reprimanded for poor judgement on here.
I’m sure you being a Ram fan would approach different certain player over the years differently.
RAMsey lives getting into WR’s heads. That who he is.