It was great!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

Shut your dirty pissy complaining mouth and work on a solution.

Ok I've contributed to this thread and that's that.

I don't even need a smilie.......

I like you and thats why it would be a shame to see you go.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Shut your dirty pissy complaining mouth and work on a solution.

Ok I've contributed to this thread and that's that.

I don't even need a smilie.......

Meh. No one wants to see your smiling face anyway. :D Tried making this smile huge for yuh Les. Not sure if it worked. Another thought for Paul to work on. He's sitting there with tons of free time on his hands. Dude needs to get off the pot.:cool:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
It all looks better on my iPad. Looks blah on my macair.

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My daughter informed me that there were replies to my last post so I've come back to refine my earlier post.

I have no idea if this is where I'm supposed to post. All I wanted to do is add another post to this thread. I tried clicking on "Post Reply" first and that didn't work so we'll see how this works if I hit that button after I finish typing.

Thanks all of you for the nice words. My health hasn't been to good recently but after they put in a couple of new stents I'm feeling like a new person.:wink:

Colors actually bother me quite a bit on many sites but in this case the basically white color scheme is a plus for me.:bigup:

Among the many problems I have with this new format are a few issues that are really backbreakers.

First of all, I can't figure out whether I've read all the posts in a thread because to my eyes, I can't see any difference in the look of the threads if there is a new reply to read. That's probably my biggest problem.

My second issue is the conversation bubbles that pop up. I completely lose my place (visually speaking) and have to reorient myself to continue. I could probably live with the bubbles but my inability to know, by merely glancing at the posts, that there is a new post to read in a thread is a killer for me. Am I missing a telltale?

The page where all the threads are has far to many extraneous (to me) options to choose from which it makes me hard to find what I'm really looking for. Sites that are really busy quite often prevent me from navigating the site successfully.

The last issue for me is that I can't find where the colors are. I don't know how you guys can post without red.:wow:

The two highlighted issues are the main reasons why I find it too hard to post here.

EDIT:
That seemed to have worked.:woot:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Hey Al, glad to see your name on the forum again ,yeah I have adaptation issues as well ,hopefully with your new energy you'll decide it's worth the effort to get acclimated.

My e-mail got spammed and I haven't fixed it ,wife's computer still gets it so she usually tells me when I get one I need to read.

I sort of thought the Indy game would do ya some good and FWIW always held out hope you'd improve enough to get back in the loop.

I'll get off here so others can say their welcome backs.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Looks like you're getting the hang of it Alan.

Good to hear that you're feeling better.

Hopefully you'll continue posting with the rest of us freaks.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Welcome back Albe! I know we haven't really exchanged much but I enjoy your paraphrases and wit a great deal. Looking for to seeing more.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My daughter informed me that there were replies to my last post so I've come back to refine my earlier post.

I have no idea if this is where I'm supposed to post. All I wanted to do is add another post to this thread. I tried clicking on "Post Reply" first and that didn't work so we'll see how this works if I hit that button after I finish typing.

Thanks all of you for the nice words. My health hasn't been to good recently but after they put in a couple of new stents I'm feeling like a new person.:wink:

Colors actually bother me quite a bit on many sites but in this case the basically white color scheme is a plus for me.:bigup:

Among the many problems I have with this new format are a few issues that are really backbreakers.

First of all, I can't figure out whether I've read all the posts in a thread because to my eyes, I can't see any difference in the look of the threads if there is a new reply to read. That's probably my biggest problem.

My second issue is the conversation bubbles that pop up. I completely lose my place (visually speaking) and have to reorient myself to continue. I could probably live with the bubbles but my inability to know, by merely glancing at the posts, that there is a new post to read in a thread is a killer for me. Am I missing a telltale?

The page where all the threads are has far to many extraneous (to me) options to choose from which it makes me hard to find what I'm really looking for. Sites that are really busy quite often prevent me from navigating the site successfully.

The last issue for me is that I can't find where the colors are. I don't know how you guys can post without red.:wow:

The two highlighted issues are the main reasons why I find it too hard to post here.

EDIT:
Let me try to help then.

First, just bookmark the Rams - NFL Talk forum and only open that when you visit. That way you won't see any other forums.

Second, there are two indications that threads have been responded to. One, the thread title font goes from bold to regular, and two, there's a blue bullet next to the thread title that disappears when all the posts have been read, and re-appears when there are new posts. Locate that, and your problem will be over. If need be, we can maybe make that a little larger.

The button to apply color to your posts is here (screenshot):
Always look for the "A" with an underline underneath it, and you won't miss it again.

screen.png

The conversation bubbles, once you get used to them, are immensely helpful. They let you know when your post has been responded to, and lets you go right to that post so that you can respond to it. It also lets you know when you have a private message. The easiest way to navigate once those pop up is to simply click on the bubble (unless you're in the middle of posting), and you'll be directed to where you need to go. You can always, at any time, click on the ROD Logo at the top of the page to reorient yourself. That takes you back to the home page where you can start over again. At the top of the forum you'll see your screen name (top right). Next to that is the "Inbox" and "Alerts" links. If you hover your mouse over those, you can also go to the new conversations or posts in which you were quoted.

Lastly, every post has a "quote" link. If you want to respond to someone, use that. Otherwise, simply navigate to the bottom of the thread and post in the box provided. After you're done typing (as you've already discovered), hit "Post Reply."

Like any worthwhile endeavor, practice makes perfect. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, because that's the quickest way to learn. If you feel this board is worth the effort, I suspect you'll flounder around for a while until you're a pro. It's really very, very simple once you get the hang of it. And at some point, we'll pin a "tips and tricks" post at the top of the forum to let everyone know some of the lesser known ways to make this board work for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
And at some point, we'll pin a "tips and tricks" post at the top of the forum to let everyone know some of the lesser known ways to make this board work for you.
And a week later change the format:roflmao:

JK X , I still hit post reply to get a reply box and get the error message about 4 or 1 times a day:wow:.
Then I use words that get edited and remember I'm old and suffer more from the diseases of adaptation than a younger more resilient man, but that this board needs my charm and wit so I trudge on knowing other brave posters have gone before me and made my life as it is so much better, I mean who would like to go back to the black screen green font floppy disc Apple no sound card 1/2 geg days? Not me, I salute the veterans of the webz and am humbled ,and just want to express my heartfelt appreciation for the guy who invented the smiley face.

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X being helpful as always:

Second, there are two indications that threads have been responded to. One, the thread title font goes from bold to regular, and two, there's a blue bullet next to the thread title that disappears when all the posts have been read, and re-appears when there are new posts. Locate that, and your problem will be over. If need be, we can maybe make that a little larger.

I'm much more interested in knowing when someone has posted something new in the thread than I am in knowing if someone responded to me. Does the thread title boldness and little blue dot act the same in both instances?

The button to apply color to your posts is here (screenshot):
Always look for the "A" with an underline underneath it, and you won't miss it again.

screen.png

Solves that problem!:woot:

The conversation bubbles, once you get used to them, are immensely helpful. They let you know when your post has been responded to, and lets you go right to that post so that you can respond to it. It also lets you know when you have a private message. The easiest way to navigate once those pop up is to simply click on the bubble, and you'll be directed to where you need to go. You can always, at any time, click on the ROD Logo at the top of the page to reorient yourself.

If you go right to the response to one of your posts don't you miss all the other responses before and after it that would probably affect your response to their response? I totally lose my reference point on the page and I don't know where I am anymore. :disappoint: I'll give it some more time but it's not looking good so far. Maybe I can figure out how to completely avoid the bubbles.

Lastly, every post has a "quote" link. If you want to respond to someone, use that. Otherwise, simply navigate to the bottom of the thread and post in the box provided.

Is there no button to quote something besides a post? I see the load quotes button but I'm pretty sure that's not what I'm talking about.

Like any worthwhile endeavor, practice makes perfect. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, because that's the quickest way to learn. If you feel this board is worth the effort, I suspect you'll flounder around for a while until you're a pro. It's really very, very simple once you get the hang of it. And at some point, we'll pin a "tips and tricks" post at the top of the forum to let everyone know some of the lesser known ways to make this board work for you.

It's always worthwhile talking to you guys so I'll give it some more time and hope for the best.

Where is the personal message button?

[/quote]

P.S. If I am able to overcome my difficulties is there any chance you could get back my 4 pillars and GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thingy?

P.S.S. I haven't read most of the posts in this thread yet in case anyone is wondering why I haven't responded to individual replies but I'm working on it.:uhm:

nighttrain

Legend

EDIT:

Good to see you Alan, hang in there man, we miss you, your knowledge, and sparkling wit:)
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm much more interested in knowing when someone has posted something new in the thread than I am in knowing if someone responded to me. Does the thread title boldness and little blue dot act the same in both instances?
Yes, it does.

If you go right to the response to one of your posts don't you miss all the other responses before and after it that would probably affect your response to their response? I totally lose my reference point on the page and I don't know where I am anymore. :disappoint:I'll give it some more time but it's not looking good so far. Maybe I can figure out how to completely avoid the bubbles.
Yes, it does skip the other posts and gets you to the one in which you were quoted, but you don't *HAVE* to do that. You can disregard the 'alerts' if you want to, and I'll check to see if you can disable them on your end entirely if it'll make it easier. Not sure if you can, but I'll check.

Is there no button to quote something besides a post? I see the load quotes button but I'm pretty sure that's not what I'm talking about.
Yes, there is. Here's another screen shot.
It's the "Quote" button.

screen.png

Where is the personal message button?
Upper right-hand part of the page.

screen.png

See, you're already getting the hang of it. Just experiment, make mistakes, and you'll have it down in no time.
I'm also sending you a private message (known as 'conversations' on this board). Let's see if you can find it and respond.