It is time to start featuring Gerald Everett

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
We'll probably see Everett get a few more snaps as Robert Woods will be out a few weeks. Goff will need to take what the defense gets and not force the issue unless there is a mismatch (ala...Everett on a LB.....). The kid can get open, but I think the nuances of the offense are a bit daunting for the time being.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Step 1: Get open
Step 2: Catch the ball

If you cannot master step 1, step 2 is irrelevant

Just needs more coaching and experience.
I disagree! The only relevant thing is Catching the Damn Ball when it thrown to you!!

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Tight end takes a while to adjust to the NFL. Giving up on higbee and giving Everett more then he can chew would both be big mistakes

if Everett not getting reps because of in line blocking maybe put him in woods place

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
if Everett not getting reps because of in line blocking maybe put him in woods place

Or put Watkins in Woods place temporarily, and move Reynolds or Thomas to Watkins place. Those two need reps anyways.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Are we still counting last year as an offense?? All draftees from last year in my book are also rookies this year.
I see Tyler Higbee as a fair enough second string back up TE that is not starting caliber talent due to his hands. Way too many drops or misses to be placed in a position to start in the NFL. Depending on Tyler to come through in pressure situations with a play is a bad position to be in when your looking to contend for a playoff spot. Game #11 is Gerald Everett Time!

Good point I do not accept that a player who has 2 NFL training camps, 2 NFL pre seasons played in 26 games & started 17 NFL games as being " virtually a rookie".

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Or put Watkins in Woods place temporarily, and move Reynolds or Thomas to Watkins place. Those two need reps anyways.
I'm hoping to see a lot of New wrinkles in this Sundays game, after last Sundays performance!(y);):D

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I read that Higbee had 1 catch on 5 targets.

Everett had 1 catch on 1 target.

Just sayin’...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I read that Higbee had 1 catch on 5 targets.

Everett had 1 catch on 1 target.

Just sayin’...
To be exact:
* Higbee had 1 catch in 5 Targets for 5 yards
* Everett had 1 catch in 2 Targets for 8 yards

At least that's what I read at ESPN!

The rest:
* Woods 8 of 11 for 81 yards
* Kupp 6 of 7 for 64 yards
* Watkins 3 of 4 for 36 yards
* Gurley 3 of 4 for 19 yards
* Thomas 1 of 1 for 12 yards

Rams43

Hall of Fame
To be exact:
* Higbee had 1 catch in 5 Targets for 5 yards
* Everett had 1 catch in 2 Targets for 8 yards

At least that's what I read at ESPN!

The rest:
* Woods 8 of 11 for 81 yards
* Kupp 6 of 7 for 64 yards
* Watkins 3 of 4 for 36 yards
* Gurley 3 of 4 for 19 yards
* Thomas 1 of 1 for 12 yards

Thanks for the correction, Dave.

I couldn’t remember where I’d read it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A bigger help for our offense is if McVay would be a more consistent play caller and stop relying on the pass so much.

The emergence of a threat and true mismatch at TE would be an immense help to McVay's play calling. And against top defenses in particular we would see a dramatic impact in offensive efficiency and potency.

Play calling is crucial, as is gameplanning and teaching. But at some point the players also matter and that's where the problem is right now. The TEs have had superb coaching to date, of that I am certain. Higs needs to start being phased out, and if he doesn't like it, well, play better and win those snaps back.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
We can fade Higbee out if Everett is any more of a threat, but I haven't seen a whole lot from Everett to make me think he is.

They both look similarly bad at catching the ball, route running, physicality, etc.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
There is a reason we drafted Everett. Higbee is not who McVay wants long term. I like Hemmingway too, that dude can ball, sux he's on the DL.
My concern is Goff's attachment to Higbee, seems they're joined at the hip.

Ram65

Legend
It will be interesting to see what McVay does without Woods and it could tell us something about Everett.

Everett has lined up wide and in the slot. Let's see if he can make some plays this week and next. He should get some more targets. Woods being out will give others a chance to step up. Hope Everett is one of them that produces.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I don't know crap... but... my perception is that we are with Higbee because Everett is progressing very slowly. I haven't seen any "Complex" Everett routes... Maybe he's a slow learner? If so...that's why we're sticking with Hig.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My thought is that we might not be featuring him because of the offense being run at the LOS. It's hard for a rookie to have the system down well enough to thrive in that situation. I'd love to see him play more. He's a better weapon than Higbee imo.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Maybe he's a slow learner?
Word is on the forums TEs take 3-6 years to develop. Hell I can tell you off the bat that Everett is gifted athletically and has better hands than Higbee. As far as his learning curve with route running that comes with repetition.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
but face it boys the higs is the satrter until he isnt

Higs is the starter until he isn't the starter?

Boy you went out on a limb with that prediction. :)

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
We'll see more of him while Rob is out....

Zero

Pro Bowler
It's time, IMO.
Don't disagree.IMO we should be getting Everett more opportunities.
That being said, we know nothing about what is happening in practice.
As far as Higbee is concerned,not impressed.I just wonder about his arm
length and if that is a factor on the challenged receptions he never seems
to be able to pull in.
Scratch that thought, just checked,he has longer arms than Everett.No excuse.
Higbee 33.25
Everett 33.