Is TG30 already the best?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
Freemans totals rushing this season are 18, 25,141,68, 153

Gurleys totals rushing this season 9, 146, 159

Natedawg said Gurley is the best in the past two weeks...............so he is correctomundo!

Freemans first start was week 3, so I'm gonna go ahead and count his 7 rushing TD's and 17 rec for 170+ yards the last three weeks as well ;)

But I digress....I'm not trying to be disruptive, I'm on the Gurley train with ya'll. It just bothers me that we are anointing him. I'd rather be humble and let his game talk for itself. Dont worry, his greatness will arrive in its due time :)

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
My thoughts are that he's played two games and done well, so I'm happy for him and for us.

But to ask the question you are asking is pretty ridiculous.

Give the kid time to grow into himself. He's humble, polite, personable. I like that. We start dumping unreal amounts of praise on him and the pressure to live up to it cannot be good.
Well stated Dog.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very True! and yet, in the 3 games he's played in he's ranked , as foll0ws, to date:
* 12th in rushing yards, 314.
* 6th in attempts per game, 18.1
and
* he's Tied for 1st in yards per game at 104+, with Chris Ivory.
Not a bad start to a Career!!(y)(y):D

If you take away the Steelers game (which was his 1st back from injury and he barely got any carries in), he is averaging 152.5 yards a game with an insane 6.23 YPC. The guy has been a monster. Next he plays one of the worst run defenses in the NFL and they get him after he gets 2 weeks to rest up and shed the knee brace. He's going to go off.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Freemans first start was week 3, so I'm gonna go ahead and count his 7 rushing TD's and 17 rec for 170+ yards the last three weeks as well ;)

But I digress....I'm not trying to be disruptive, I'm on the Gurley train with ya'll. It just bothers me that we are anointing him. I'd rather be humble and let his game talk for itself. Dont worry, his greatness will arrive in its due time :)

Agreed... Freemans last 3 weeks (combined rushing/Rec)
1. 193 yrds 3TD
2. 149 yrds 3TD
3. 197 yrds 1TD

those are freakin crazy #'s

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Here's the thing..He had that massive run, with all of the problems Foles had passing the ball, I wanted them to RUN IT. He was the best one out there, and could have taken it to the House much easier than watching Nick Foles get killed or intercepted....The same was true for one of the FG's..Obvious passing down, why not give it to Gurley? Worst case, Legatron has two workable FG's, and we are within one score of tying it in the final minutes I am really pissed at Fisher going back to what wasn't working when it obviously WAS NOT GOING TO WORK...I feel this is one of his worst games as Coach.
One week its why doesn't Fisher trust Greg Z the next week its why is Fisher trusting Greg Z.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
1. 193 yrds 3TD
2. 149 yrds 3TD
3. 197 yrds 1TD

Those are indeed crazy numbers. Not to take anything away from Freeman, but the Falcons are facing 7 in the box on every play because there passing game is so potent. Teams are terrified of Julio taking the top off their defense. If you can't run the ball against 7 in the box, then you have real issues. He's been great in the passing game though, too. No doubt.

Penguin.

Rookie
All you guys are saying how good he did against great teams, but you got to understand we play these great teams VERY good. I want to see what he will do, or what our offensive line does against bad teams. They usually underwhelm me with their performance. I expect a drop off very soon in production, but I pray I am wrong.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
1. 193 yrds 3TD
2. 149 yrds 3TD
3. 197 yrds 1TD

It's crazy, because the Falcons actually have an awesome line this year. Gurley would dominate behind that OL. And their FB DiMarco is insanely good. Plus they actually have a passing game to take the load off of Freeman and open things up. If Gurley swapped places with Freeman, it would not even be close.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I didn't count receiving yards because Gurley has not been integrated into the passing game. Maybe it is due to our poor blocking? Or maybe his rehabbing from injury kept him from participating in that part of practice? Or maybe Cignetti doesn't use that too much?

Ram fans haven't had a back breaking big runs since early SJ and even he didn't break them every game. I know Gurley is just getting started, but I don't blame any fans for being hyped about Gurley running great behind poor blocking. And I don't see where it is necessary to try to squash it.

I wonder how the two backs would do if the switched teams.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley is Fantastic! and you know what?? He will plays for the Rams!! I bet a whole lotta people are jealous of our new toy.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One week its why doesn't Fisher trust Greg Z the next week its why is Fisher trusting Greg Z.
Well, I wasn't questioning Greg Z..I was questioning Fisher not setting him up in a more favorable way..There is a difference between a 44 yard FG and 50+ yard FG...And the other one where We were on the 10 yard line on 3rd down with 7 yards, Foles was shot..no confidence, and throws a pick..Why not run it?..The FG was the 2nd option, but the first was an actual shot at a TD (or a first down on the goal line)

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
He was the youngest player in the entire draft.

Leonard Fournette is a full year older than Gurley. Can you imagine Todd Gurley, one year from today, running against college defenses? LOL
Nah, Fournette is a year younger than Gurley, that's why there's all the fuss about him not being draft eligible yet.

However, I agree with the sentiment. Gurley is a beast, and to think he did have the option to stay in college this year, can you imagine...?

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I know Gurley is just getting started, but I don't blame any fans for being hyped about Gurley running great behind poor blocking. And I don't see where it is necessary to try to squash it.

I wonder how the two backs would do if the switched teams.

I don't think anyone was trying to squash it, just have an honest conversation. The discussion was on who was the best RB the last few weeks. Gurley looks scary good, but there are other guys lighting it up also.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's crazy, because the Falcons actually have an awesome line this year. Gurley would dominate behind that OL. And their FB DiMarco is insanely good. Plus they actually have a passing game to take the load off of Freeman and open things up. If Gurley swapped places with Freeman, it would not even be close.

I think the other big difference maker is that Gurley put up his 300+ yards in two starts against arguably the two best teams in the NFC.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think anyone was trying to squash it, just have an honest conversation. The discussion was on who was the best RB the last few weeks. Gurley looks scary good, but there are other guys lighting it up also.

Okay then no need to be the smartass in a crowd of reveling Rams fans, some of who may be younger? How's that? I say let them find their joy in the loss and drop the reality check for another day. The timing of it just seemed off to me.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't like running him for 30 plays a game. It seems a bit early to work him that hard...........plus how many years will be great running that many plays?

We should never forget what happened to Cadillac williams. Gruden ran him into the ground out of the gates in his rookie year. But i think he ran him 50 times per game. After 3 games his knee gave out from the load he was carrying. Gruden ruined him.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
All you guys are saying how good he did against great teams, but you got to understand we play these great teams VERY good. I want to see what he will do, or what our offensive line does against bad teams. They usually underwhelm me with their performance. I expect a drop off very soon in production, but I pray I am wrong.
The Rams haven't played a terrible team yet and their defense has kept them in all their games this far. Hopefully the offense starts clicking soon. Having the best running back helps but the pass catchers need to start making plays to take some pressure off of Gurley.

Redskins and Steelers could both be playoff teams. Steelers may have to win a wildcard but Redskins could realistically win the NFC East.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Okay then no need to be the smartass in a crowd of reveling Rams fans, some of who may be younger? How's that? I say let them find their joy in the loss and drop the reality check for another day. The timing of it just seemed off to me.

What timing, and what smartass comment? No one has said he hasn't been great. Sorry if not putting him in the HoF and making him a 10 time MVP didn't meet your expectations.....

Schmitzer

UDFA
Before we get too excited, there are some questions to answer:

- Can he do this once D coords start saying "they'll have to beat me with their passing game"
- Can he be successful on 3rd and short
- Can he be successful against a goal-line D

Lots to be excited about, I agree