Is TG30 already the best?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Is Gurley already the best back in the NFL? I am trying not to be a homer but Todd is unreal. He had NO passing game to take the pressure off of him and his offensive line struggled mightily. Yet with all of that he still dominated a great run defense. And he's still wearing his knee brace!! If he's not the best in the League I think he is already in the top 5. Thoughts?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think of you took a silent poll of NFL GMs offering them any RB in the league - factoring in age, contract, everything - you would get 32 votes for Gurley.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I mean he really has no weakness. Did y'all see when he flipped Clay Matthews over in pass protection? The only thing that seems to slow him down is that stupid knee brace and injuries. I hope he can avoid both as much as possible.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
You'd be hard pressed to say he's not in the top 5. The only guys I'd say are on par with him this year:

-Peterson
-Forte
-Bell

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He's awesome to watch. This is going to be a fun ride.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's between him and Bell, with upside in Gurley's favor.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Even Fisher can build a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM around this AWESOME BEAST of a Great Man with the BEST Attitude you could Ever ask for. What a teammate . I think he will raise the level of our players . They have to feel bad in letting him down. Its just a matter of time till we put it together. AGAIN!!! Put E.J. Gaines and A. O. on that field today and kick blonde out for spearing on Foles early and we walk out with a win. I'm not that guy and I know who we are. I'm just gonna ENJOY the ride.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
You'd be hard pressed to say he's not in the top 5. The only guys I'd say are on par with him this year:

-Peterson
-Forte
-Bell
It is unfair to place him above these guys yet, but I am certainly pleased with him to this point.:)

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I say to myself during the games. . . Why are we not seeing Mason, basically at all? Then I see Gurley take carries that have no business getting yards and at least turning them into 3 yard gains. Our Oline is just not good enough for Mason at this point in time.

Gurley is unreal. I feel bad for him with us losing this game. . . And losing it after his 55 yard run with a terrible INT.

…..

Legend
My thoughts are that he's played two games and done well, so I'm happy for him and for us.

But to ask the question you are asking is pretty ridiculous.

Give the kid time to grow into himself. He's humble, polite, personable. I like that. We start dumping unreal amounts of praise on him and the pressure to live up to it cannot be good.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My thoughts are that he's played two games and done well, so I'm happy for him and for us.

But to ask the question you are asking is pretty ridiculous.

Give the kid time to grow into himself. He's humble, polite, personable. I like that. We start dumping unreal amounts of praise on him and the pressure to live up to it cannot be good.

I watched every carry he took in college, he could've been a top 10 NFL back at the start of his Sophomore year. I'm not saying he's the best yet because he has to put up consistent production. But I have no problem saying he's been the best the past two weeks and it just so happens that these past 2 weeks are his only NFL starts.

Also, no matter what I say about Gurley or the expectation I place on him, he's going to play the same on Sunday.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The guy is Amazing. It's tough to argue your points.
I can tell you one thing. I wouldn't trade him for any other back in the league.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
OL has blocked well at times for Gurley. Do we or do we not give Fisher kudos for drafting "run blockers?"

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's the thing..He had that massive run, with all of the problems Foles had passing the ball, I wanted them to RUN IT. He was the best one out there, and could have taken it to the House much easier than watching Nick Foles get killed or intercepted....The same was true for one of the FG's..Obvious passing down, why not give it to Gurley? Worst case, Legatron has two workable FG's, and we are within one score of tying it in the final minutes I am really pissed at Fisher going back to what wasn't working when it obviously WAS NOT GOING TO WORK...I feel this is one of his worst games as Coach.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As for being the Top 5 RB in the NFL? Not ready to go there..We have 11 games left. Running as he has, I could see him getting 1300 yards easily. He just got like 315 yards against two pretty damn good defenses...What will he do against a lesser defense. I see at least one 200 yard game this year. These are Eric Dickerson numbers, but I like the way he runs better than ED as it seemed Dickerson was somewhat finesse.....If he can stay healthy, our RB will be ROY and going to the Pro Bowl...If we figure out the pass blocking part, we make the playoffs..jmho

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
On talent alone, Bell is in the discussion but no GM in their right mind would take Bell over Gurley for two reasons.

1. Bell is a full two years closer to a big payday.
2. Bell has already been suspended once - his next screwup - should he have one - will be a pretty major suspension.