Is TG30 already the best?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Best, I don't know.
But he is up there.
When he really gets his head around protections and the passing game ....look out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate to say the "I" word, but that is the only knock on him (Gurley)...He needs to prove durability.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
And there is no one else in the conversation if we are factoring age in.

He was the youngest player in the entire draft.

Leonard Fournette is a full year older than Gurley. Can you imagine Todd Gurley, one year from today, running against college defenses? LOL

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Well so far so good cause he carried a grown man's load today.
images

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
He will get much better over the next half dozen games. I don't think he's quite at full speed yet.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
So far, the Rams crushed the 2015 draft.

3 quality starters in the first 2 days, one of them a superstar, depth at a position that needed depth badly on day 3, a 7th round LB that is already chipping in on STs and may be a future part of this D, and an UDFA that has turned into a special teams standout.

Yeah, it sucked losing the 6 to a medical condition that should have been scouted, and it was a mistake not to take a shot on La'el - but it's safe to go ahead and start celebrating this draft in my opinion.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't like running him for 30 plays a game. It seems a bit early to work him that hard...........plus how many years will be great running that many plays?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Devonta Freeman would like to have a word with you ;)

Freemans totals rushing this season are 18, 25,141,68, 153

Gurleys totals rushing this season 9, 146, 159

Natedawg said Gurley is the best in the past two weeks...............so he is correctomundo!

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Devonta Freeman would like to have a word with you ;)

Put Gurley in that offense and he'd get 250-300 yards a game. Obviously I'm slightly exaggerating but if Freeman had to play for the Rams the past two weeks I don't think he totals over 120 yards in either game. Freeman is good, but his offense makes him look better than he is.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Hard to say that, given it's such a small sample size, but he's been amazing the past two games.. He's top 10 in rush yards, with less carries, and higher average than everyone above him.. I could see him finishing top 5 easily.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If the rams fix the o-line, this is going to be a blowout caliber offense with Gurley being the anchor.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Sometimes stats paint a pretty clear picture.

10th in the league in rushing yards despite only playing 2 games out of 5, both against very good defenses. Only 124 yd behind league leader Forte.

Top ypc in the league.

Most 40 yard runs and most 20 yard runs.

And thats with an inexperienced ol, poor passing and a knee brace protecting his recently healed acl. Wait until he gets his confidence. I wonder what he'll do against Cleveland and their 2nd worst rush d in two weeks, with the rams rested up and pissed.

Yes, this kid Gurley is unreal.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
No one has mentioned anything about what we can get throwing to GURLEY one day. We eventually found a way to get Tavon the ball in the open too. I know First things first. We need to run more plays from our Jet sweep packages . Like the Georgia Tech unique style of offense you have to really study to have a clue who and where the ball is going. Once I saw if we had faked it to Austin and gave it to Gurley he would have been free. Fake that Jet sweep once or twice. Cignetti will create a whole new playbook before this season is over. Get it to our weapons. Gurley,Austin,Bailey then what?

Ram65

Legend
He has the talent. He has got to show it over a longer period of time. How 'bout a TD!

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He has the talent. He has got to show it over a longer period of time. How 'bout a TD!

Obviously he could have had the one TD he pulled up on against Arizona. He could've had another on that 52 yard run if he didn't have the knee brace and I'd say the same thing goes for his 55 yarder today.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He's not even 100% yet
Very True! and yet, in the 3 games he's played in he's ranked , as foll0ws, to date:
* 12th in rushing yards, 314.
* 6th in attempts per game, 18.1
and
* he's Tied for 1st in yards per game at 104+, with Chris Ivory.
Not a bad start to a Career!!(y)(y):D