Is Stefen Wisniewski still available?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
State with no income tax that have NFL teams are Florida, Texas and Washington State. For an example if Suh had stayed in Detroit, Michigan has a 4.35% tax and Detroit has a 1.2% tax for a total of 5.45%. Out of his $114.375M he would have made $6.23M less than in Miami. Great reason to move!

Just for ease I didn't take into account that when he plays on the road he pays tax in the state that the team plays. So he will most likely pay state tax in the 8 road game every year.
Are you kidding? I'd pay extra to leave DET for FL.

V3

Hall of Fame
hard to pass on miami, especially if you're loaded
Miami is nice if you're loaded. IMO, of course. Not a fan of the weather(I know I'm in the minority on that one but I can't take swap-ass temps. If I'm cold all I have to do is add another layer) or the people. Missouri has its fair share of crazies but FL leads the union. A radio station here used to have a segment where people had to guess if the crazy(and I mean crazy) news story came from Florida or Germany. It was hard.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
State with no income tax that have NFL teams are Florida, Texas and Washington State. For an example if Suh had stayed in Detroit, Michigan has a 4.35% tax and Detroit has a 1.2% tax for a total of 5.45%. Out of his $114.375M he would have made $6.23M less than in Miami. Great reason to move!

Just for ease I didn't take into account that when he plays on the road he pays tax in the state that the team plays. So he will most likely pay state tax in the 8 road game every year.

the other thing to take into account is that bonuses would be paid in the home state...so nowhere near 1/2 his contract would be taxed by other states.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Miami is nice if you're loaded. IMO, of course. Not a fan of the weather(I know I'm in the minority on that one but I can't take swap-ass temps. If I'm cold all I have to do is add another layer) or the people. Missouri has its fair share of crazies but FL leads the union. A radio station here used to have a segment where people had to guess if the crazy(and I mean crazy) news story came from Florida or Germany. It was hard.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6zlkn9cHWxY

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
the other thing to take into account is that bonuses would be paid in the home state...so nowhere near 1/2 his contract would be taxed by other states.
It would be even less since games against the Cowboys, Texans, Jags, Bucs and Seahawks are in income tax free states. This point was brought up during the SB in discussing the reduced take home pay for Seahawk players playing in Arizona.

iced

lol understandable... i've lived quite a few places now, with my longest stays around 15 years in Florida and 5 in California (Camarillo/Oxnard/Ventura).....

gotta say - i love florida for the weather, and California was my least favorite place.. Glad I got to experience it so I know what I'm not missing.

St.Louis hopefully is my next destination

jjab360

Legend
Wisneiwski is a definite upgrade from Wells.

I would like to think that the Rams have pretty much evaluated all of the rookie Centers and Guards and have an idea what will be available to them in the draft. They were right on with the Eval of Martin. So, maybe they set their price on Wiz and don't want to budge because they know they can probably get a good Center in the draft.

BUT, then I remember how they botched the ORG spot last season and they had to rely on an over the hill Guard all season. I know that the plan was for the lineup to be Barksdale, Saffold, Wells, Robinson, Long, but Joseph was a horrible backup plan and he was supposedly the best thing they had in the wings? Really? This team seriously needs to upgrade its backup OLine options. I know Martz says it is the toughest position to fill but other teams usually have at least one good Oliner on standby.
Iirc according to Mike Silver at the time of the draft their targets at 13 went in order:

Aaron Donald
Zack Martin
Odell Beckham, Jr.
C.J. Mosley

Needless to say, I think these guys might know what they're doing.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Iirc according to Mike Silver at the time of the draft their targets at 13 went in order:

Aaron Donald
Zack Martin
Odell Beckham, Jr.
C.J. Mosley

Trouble is that is area most teams had them if you look where they went (they didn't rank those guys as targets for the #2 pick). I think they do a great job of drafting, but they still have bust picks. There hit percentage seems like it is higher than average though. But we can't expect anyone picked at 10 to be like Martin....you are much more likely to get a robinson/matthews pick where there is a learning curve/adjustment period required. That won't make the pick bad or wrong, but we have to be reasonable about any Olineman drafted...they are likely to make their share of mistakes.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

Aaron Donald
Zack Martin
Odell Beckham, Jr.
C.J. Mosley

They also haven't finished a season .500 yet, and our offense has been terrible every year.

jjab360

Legend
They also haven't finished a season .500 yet, and our offense has been terrible every year.
It seems like you couldn't resist getting that shot in, but I'd say that has more to do with coaching and the lack of a healthy QB than talent evaluation which was the only thing I was referring to.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
It seems like you couldn't resist getting that shot in, but I'd say that has more to do with coaching and the lack of a healthy QB than talent evaluation which was the only thing I was referring to.

Not trying to be a dick, just saying the jury is still out. You're naming drafted players btw. Start naming FAs and see how far you get. The good thing is I'd rather them be better at drafting than FA pickups.

paceram

Pro Bowler
That's a good thing, lol.

Well, I hope the Rams get a visit from Wisniewski and they don't let him leave without signing a contract (I know, that is easier said than done!)! If by some miracle the Rams can sign both Wisniewski AND Barksdale (Or, at least some combination of two quality offensive linemen!) I would consider this a very, very successful FA period and would only hope that the Draft is equally successful!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, I hope the Rams get a visit from Wisniewski and they don't let him leave without signing a contract (I know, that is easier said than done!)! If by some miracle the Rams can sign both Wisniewski AND Barksdale (Or, at least some combination of two quality offensive linemen!) I would consider this a very, very successful FA period and would only hope that the Draft is equally successful!

They could have the Dline show up when he arrives just to assure that he doesn't leave without signing.