Is Jeff Fisher Still Capable of Being a Winning Coach?/Karraker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I think he is but he does need to find a way to eliminate the slow starts.He's completely turned the roster over and we have a boatload of talent because of it.Once that switch is turned on imho were going to be a fixture in the playoffs for years.

V3

Hall of Fame
We look bad in preseason and the sky is falling....
then BAM! we'll look like a completely different team in the next game...because that's what we've done in preseason every year since Fisher got here.
When have the Rams under Fisher played poorly in preseason and then immediately got hot once the real games started? This is exactly what people are worried about. They always seem to start slowly and that's a death sentence in the NFL and especially in our division. We can't afford to wait for that week 5 or 6 epiphany.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Is Fisher still capable of winning?

A handful of experts at ROD have analyzed the body language of our players and the results are in: NO. WE ARE DOOMED.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Fisher took the job with a bunch of 2nd and 3rd string talent on the roster! He now has talent on the ream! Until this year he's got as pass, the team needs to be better than 500 this year or coach Fisher needs to go! IMO!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I think Fisher is certainly capable of winning. His players will run through a wall for him, and the Seahawks are living proof that we are not in a league that only values passing. What I'm not sure of is if he's capable of enforcing discipline. The same coaching traits that lead to his players being dedicated to him also lead to them being unhinged nutbars.

I feel like one of these ex-HCs on his staff should be The Enforcer - the one guy who is dedicated to just beating the shit out of players until they become more disciplined.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The nugget of this article that somehow seems to get glossed over...

Karraker points out... "Fisher admittedly took over a CATASTROPHE."

The work that it's taken to get our team back to just respectable has been a mountain's worth. Basically the equivalent of an expansion team just starting out.

I don't gloss over that important reality. I give Fish and his Front Office and Coaching Staff a large amount of respect for what they've been able to do with our Rams.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
give Fish and his Front Office and Coaching Staff a large amount of respect for what they've been able to do with our Rams.
I respect what they have done.

But it's time to expect more, IMO... as in a winning season and a playoff berth.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
People forget how bad this team was. 7 Players remain from the squad Fish took over in 2012. He essentially had to build a whole football team. At this point we have a young talented team, we just need the switch to turn on. Bradford's and some other key player's injuries really hurt our progress.
He was 7-9 with the team he took over. His record has gotten worse each year with his guys.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
then BAM! we'll look like a completely different team in the next game...because that's what we've done in preseason every year since Fisher got here.
And we've had mediocrity each year in the regular season. (which is a helluva lot better than the garbage we had before, no doubt).

I'm a Fisher fan...but I have my questions that are starting to turn to doubts...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I respect what they have done.

But it's time to expect more, IMO... as in a winning season and a playoff berth.

That certainly is a realistic expectation at this point. But it really wouldn't have been a realistic expectation in the 1st two years IMO... the 3rd year''s realistic expectation went out the window in preseason when our starting QB went down for the year.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As long as they start ' Faster' than usual I'll be a Happy Camper!!

nighttrain

Legend
Actually, I'd be more than happy if they could just execute. You know, stop the other team when on defense, and get first downs on offense. That's be cool :)
wouldn't this be so cool !
and it should be quite possible...
I think he is but he does need to find a way to eliminate the slow starts.He's completely turned the roster over and we have a boatload of talent because of it.Once that switch is turned on imho were going to be a fixture in the playoffs for years.
you and me think so for sure!
train

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
There are just so many things that were screwed up with this organization when Fisher got here you cannot compare it to any of those other places. Nor can you compare a team using what the Rams have had at QB the last year and 9 games. Has there been a team that made the playoffs with that kind of handicap?

How do these guys get paid to right this garbage?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Yea with a healthy Bradford.
He's responsible for picking the backup QBs too.

There's always a ton of reasons why seasons go one way or another...lots of good ones too. But at some point there has to be some good to go with the bad to justify why a coach is doing all the right things.