Im 100% Wentz, please tell me why you like Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
Fisher thinks he can win with this clockwork offense if he only had better Quarterbacking.

Doesn't matter how dysfunctional it is... And he's partly right... he's been maddeningly close.

I've stated that he's underestimating how dysfunctional the scheme is and how defenses account for that which limits the impact of better quarterbacking, for example, especially quarterbacking solely from the pocket.

But Fisher is SET, that this is the way.

It's wrong and I hate to say it because I'm a fan and I want to watch our Rams hoist a bunch of Lombardis, but this just isn't going to work.

Scheme is important but if you look at last year there were plays to be made that were simply not made at the QB position.

If those plays were made we win and are at least a 10 or 11 win team.

Also, the run scheme with Gurley and Tavon turned out to be highly effective down the stretch. We were leading the league in rushing yards.And Gurley missed the first 4 games and also the last one.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Seems so.

I would argue that not much has worked since he got here for umpteen reasons. And as many have VENTED about... Coaches like Arians and others were able to get in and turn things around pretty quickly with a few strategic picks and a coherent O and D system.

Fisher has been building his power running attack which is most dangerous with a mobile QB, meaning a QB that can freeze the LBs (See: Seattle). Instead, he's been hacking away at pocket passers with little success. It took an All-World RB to get the offense to not be HISTORICALLY bad...that's how bad it was becoming. That last game against SF? Look at what the offense is without Gurley.

If they honestly think that the last 4 games of the season is "the Blueprint", woah...nelly.

Well, we're gonna need a lot of margaritas, cuz those vent threads are gonna get salty...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Man, if we draft Wentz, I think I'm going to be happier for you than for myself.
And I'm ecstatic that we're getting one of these guys.:yess:

Nah, I'm over it. It's not gonna happen. I don't get it, but I'm over it.

Not over the disappointment part. That'll take awhile.

I'm still a die-hard Rams fan.

I'll just have to hope that Fisher can actually MacGyver an offense together that results in touchdowns and keeps our defense off the field and wins on the road so that it's not a surprise when we don't have a vent thread...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Nah, I'm over it. It's not gonna happen. I don't get it, but I'm over it.

Not over the disappointment part. That'll take awhile.

I'm still a die-hard Rams fan.

I'll just have to hope that Fisher can actually MacGyver an offense together that results in touchdowns and keeps our defense off the field and wins on the road so that it's not a surprise when we don't have a vent thread...
Both qb options a superior to anyone, currently on our roster.
It's a start.

Also. Hopefully, Groh will have a solid influence on our inept passing game.

We need to score more points. I believe, that even an old salt like Fisher, knows that as well.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
This just shows exactly how little these folks do their homework. Mary Kay Cabot knows the Browns, but overall? Bout as much as anyone, it seems...

View: https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/722853023979016192?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Eagles were GUSHING about Wentz way before they traded up for him. THEY made no secret about which they preferred. They weren't going to trade up for Goff. That probably would have been the Cowboys or 9ers.

At this point, I'll bet ALL my ROD $s it's Goff to the Rams.

This is what Fisher needs:

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'll say this. That accuracy is just magic. I love Wentz's potential but Goff has great footwork, pocket presence and accuracy now. You can argue that Wentz can improve his footwork and pocket presence but improving accuracy is much harder. Count me a Goff guy now.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

Well, I'm not the only one seeing it, then...

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Completion % while under oressure
Goff 58%
Wentz 28%
Nuff said.
The more I read the more I don't like Wentz.
But I think neither of the players were worth the amount the Rams paid for moving up. I think someone other then Fisher and Snead forced this trade. It is just puzzling why they drafted Mannion and then made this trade without even seeing him start.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
while I agree with all the talk that its gonna be Goff, I will say the Rams may be the one team that would/could fool everyone with a draft pick

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Completion % while under oressure
Goff 58%
Wentz 28%
Nuff said.
The more I read the more I don't like Wentz.
But I think neither of the players were worth the amount the Rams paid for moving up. I think someone other then Fisher and Snead forced this trade. It is just puzzling why they drafted Mannion and then made this trade without even seeing him start.
I don't know how puzzling it is to them though. Yes, we surely would have liked to see Mannion start a game but obviously there were reasons that didn't happen. I can only assume they determined he was not the future. We can only surmise what or who facilitated the move up to grab a new QB. I've got to believe Fish and Snead see something they can't pass on.