Im 100% Wentz, please tell me why you like Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I think Wentz is a perfect match for fisher and this team, big tough kid from a small school that looks like a great leader. He can also run and played in a very similar run heavy offense. Goff looks like a great QB prospect that has great feet, accuracy and feel for the pocket, BUT he does not fit our system and is more for a team with a pass heavy offense. SO please tell me why so many people honestly think the pick is Goff. not who looks better on tape or who 1000 espn evaluators think is better, just tell me WHY you think Goff is our guy .

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Pretty sure you can check any of the other two dozen Goff threads for this answer. Don't need to add another for no reason.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Have you read any of the Goff vs Wentz threads on this site? I'm sure you could find numerous debates on any of the first 3 pages that would explain why people are so high on Goff (or Wentz) instead of making another thread about it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Fisher thinks he can win with this clockwork offense if he only had better Quarterbacking.

Doesn't matter how dysfunctional it is... And he's partly right... he's been maddeningly close.

I've stated that he's underestimating how dysfunctional the scheme is and how defenses account for that which limits the impact of better quarterbacking, for example, especially quarterbacking solely from the pocket.

But Fisher is SET, that this is the way.

It's wrong and I hate to say it because I'm a fan and I want to watch our Rams hoist a bunch of Lombardis, but this just isn't going to work.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Goff is far more polished and can help this team out sooner than Wentz. Wentz will need more time to adjust to the NFL talent level. Goff will need time to adjust to the offense but he actually did a lot of the same stuff in college. Also, Goff has much better mechanics from the ground up. He has better footwork, a quicker release, and much better accuracy than Wentz. His downfield throws are on the money and that's what we need. He's also used to adversity as he was the only star player on a very bad team. He is used to pressure and faces it with poise, patience, and confidence. He's also better at going through his progressions which will be a breath of fresh air for Rams fans.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Far more? Much better? Okay.

/sigh

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
You would have to clearly understand the difference in what makes certain drop back QBs great, and others just average...things you can't really coach up ( tho many try)

Pocket awareness, footwork, gliding to the throwing lanes, finding the open targets and so on.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
Wentz's ceiling is higher only because he's a little bigger and can run a little faster. But look at the top QBs in recent years, and many of them are not 6'5" juggernauts. Brady is the same height as Goff and only 10 lbs heavier. Rodgers is 2" shorter than that. Brees and Wilson are under 6' tall. Both of the Manning brothers would be lucky to run the 40 in under 5 seconds.

I like Goff because the things that others are mentioning in this thread (pocket awareness, footwork, redzone efficiency), tend to translate better to the NFL.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think Wentz is a perfect match for fisher and this team, big tough kid from a small school that looks like a great leader. He can also run and played in a very similar run heavy offense. Goff looks like a great QB prospect that has great feet, accuracy and feel for the pocket, BUT he does not fit our system and is more for a team with a pass heavy offense. SO please tell me why so many people honestly think the pick is Goff. not who looks better on tape or who 1000 espn evaluators think is better, just tell me WHY you think Goff is our guy .

While ESPN and NFL Network types prefer Wentz, most NFL head coaches prefer Goff. Listen to the coaches every time.

Fisher thinks he can win with this clockwork offense if he only had better Quarterbacking.

Doesn't matter how dysfunctional it is... And he's partly right... he's been maddeningly close.

I've stated that he's underestimating how dysfunctional the scheme is and how defenses account for that which limits the impact of better quarterbacking, for example, especially quarterbacking solely from the pocket.

But Fisher is SET, that this is the way.

It's wrong and I hate to say it because I'm a fan and I want to watch our Rams hoist a bunch of Lombardis, but this just isn't going to work.

Did Fisher fire Cignetti and then hire Mike Groh in the offseason to bring the offense up to date with modern schemes? Things wont be quite as simplistic as they were when Cignetti was the OC.

Far more? Much better? Okay.

/sigh

I think Goff is much better at certain things that you just can't teach. Goffs pocket presence is much better than Wentz. Goffs footwork is much better than Wentz's. Goff's ability to make all reads and not lock onto recievers is much better than Wentz's. Of course that could all change in three years but for now......

I like Goff because the things that others are mentioning in this thread (pocket awareness, footwork, redzone efficiency), tend to translate better to the NFL.

Exactly

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
images+1.jpg

http://ramsondemand.com/threads/somebody-sell-me-on-goff.44079/
http://ramsondemand.com/threads/breaking-down-the-top-2-qbs-goff-vs-wentz.44196/
http://ramsondemand.com/threads/poll-goff-or-wentz-who-do-you-want.44076
http://ramsondemand.com/threads/jared-goff-carson-wentz-gruden-qb-camp.44190/#post-737911

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Wentz will need more time to adjust to the NFL talent level.

There is no way to substantiate this. It's a crap shoot as to who will adjust faster.

It's the same as the pro-style vs. Shotgun QBs, it's just a complete crap shoot.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
There is no way to substantiate this. It's a crap shoot as to who will adjust faster.

It's the same as the pro-style vs. Shotgun QBs, it's just a complete crap shoot.

It's also called an opinion. THE ODDS ARE that Goff can translate to the NFL quicker than Wentz.

Ram210

UDFA
I think it boils down to some like Chevy Trucks and others Fords. It's all in what you prefer, the difference is subtle.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Wentz's ceiling is higher only because he's a little bigger and can run a little faster. But look at the top QBs in recent years, and many of them are not 6'5" juggernauts. Brady is the same height as Goff and only 10 lbs heavier. Rodgers is 2" shorter than that. Brees and Wilson are under 6' tall. Both of the Manning brothers would be lucky to run the 40 in under 5 seconds.

That's not remotely why his ceiling is higher... not remotely at all. But not gonna rehash days and days of page long detailed posts cuz it's moot. Doesn't matter if Goff is Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers.

We're getting Goff. I like the kid (if Kroenke had fired Fisher and hired Payton like I and @jrry32 had joked about, I'd be single-minded in my pursuit of Goff), but I just really hate the pick. Maybe hate isn't a strong enough word...

On to the fourth round.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
It all come down to who they project to be the better QB someday. You don't pass on the better house for the same price as the lesser one just because the paint isn't dry on the great one.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
It all come down to who they project to be the better QB someday. You don't pass on the better house for the same price as the lesser one just because the paint isn't dry on the great one.

You'd think... but that's exactly what's gonna happen in 8 days.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
You'd think... but that's exactly what's gonna happen in 8 days.
We'll see, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down and take someone we haven't talked about.:dizzy: