Im 100% Wentz, please tell me why you like Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think Kurt Warner said it best. You want a guy who's more polished from the get go. You see these guys with all that high ceiling/upside and you get tired of waiting for him to come around and sometimes he never does. Goff just might be the safer pick.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm warming up to Goff. But I'm still sold on CW.

Either one will get my full support - and should get all of yours.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Well, I just watched Ron Jaworski break them down on BSPN and he gave the nod to Wentz. That alone should sway us in favor of Goff...

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Well, I just watched Ron Jaworski break them down on BSPN and he gave the nod to Wentz. That alone should sway us in favor of Goff...

Yup, that alone should be the deciding factor. Anyone who says Kraperdick was going to be great lost all credibility.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's just it. I don't think it will be Goff. Deductive reasoning makes it a fait accompli. It's Goff. And if Asshole Face or Bruce Arians were our HC, I'd WANT it to be Goff. I'm not homering for Wentz in my advocacy.

I'll just be succinct, because a lot of new people are here and not everyone has been around me for 17 years like Les has (Holy crap @LesBaker, it's really been 17 years...).

1) I'm a YUUUGE Rams fan.

2) I'm a very, very analytical person.

3) I do my own homework and I stick to my guns, even if it means saying unpopular things. (I didn't make many friends evaluating Chris Long's footwork coming out of Virginia which was horrible, for example. I basically got shouted off of the Rampagers list...)

4) I believe that in the absence of reasons for subterfuge or misdirections, Coach Fisher has been remarkably direct and transparent.

5) I believe that HE believes there is a direct and linear causality in the Point analysis Les Snead shared. I believe that is logically fallacious and will lead to erroneous decision making going forward.

6) I believe that HE believes that he HAS found his OC for the future in Rob Boras and his offense of the future which he has touted regularly and with pride as has Les Snead.

7) I believe that HE believes that Boras' offense and his point analysis converge and the only thing missing is an accurate pocket passer...which is why they are so high on Goff.

8) My view based on my analysis is that the Boras offense is incomplete and does NOT fully have answers, not situationally, not from a personnel perspective and not schematically. Nor does the Point analysis absolve the offense of any responsibilities, fill any holes or fix any deficiencies.

9) As such, because there is NOT a linear causality in the Point analysis presented (at best it's a correlation), but they're are creating decision matrices as if there were (apparently), they are not going to address the structural deficiencies that prevent future growth and success in the near and long term.

What does that boil down to?

Looked at from high above, it's pretty easy to say, "woohoo, we got Gurley, Tavon, a young and gelling OL and still won 7 games in spite of terrible QB play". And that's true.

However, when I drill down into the details, I see it's not that simple. It's not as easy as "Add QB, stir, viola...instant success." There were REASONS for and beyond poor QB play that limited our success on offense.

So, as a huge Ram fan who's normally a pretty big pollyanna optimist at heart unless the facts just don't allow it, what else can I say when I see a future that isn't what the future is supposed to be when acquiring a Franchise QB? Rather, what do I say when it may resemble all to closely that of Sam Bradford for reasons both similar and dissimilar? You know...frustrated unrealized promise and a lack of organizational success due to umpteen reasons.

Do I just sit quiet? Shout from the roof tops "hey! I see something bad coming!" Pretend?

Honestly, I was really, really frustrated NOT because of either prospect (as I've said easily a dozen times now), but because the obvious decision was so obvious based on previous decisions (hiring Boras, bringing in Groh, touting the existing offense meant not fixing the structural flaws) as well as Fisher's previous successes (McNair, especially) and success in the division with QBs who can create outside the pocket such as Wilson or Kaepernick.

But now what? We won't know until September if what I'm saying is right. It would be tempting to try and say something during preseason if one were spiteful (I'm not) because Fisher always goes so Vanilla and thus especially the offense tends to look dreadful.

I'll be glad to be wrong, but I don't tend to be. Some people say they'd be glad to be wrong and really, in their heart hold on to that moment when they can say, "SEE, I told you so!" That's not me. That's never been me.

So, I'm kinda at a loss. I'm very much in the minority with respect to projecting a lack of success in the near term. I don't want to dampen people's enthusiasm or ruin people's fun. I certainly don't want to be a killjoy. But I don't know how to just "put on a happy face".

So, there it is. Not as succinct as I would have liked, but that word never described me well, anyway =)

Yes it has been and I want to say I am glad to have had the chance to meet you and attend games with you on two and soon to be three occasions.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Mack, none of this will matter when we pick Wentz.
200.gif

Okay, Mojo, now you've gone and done it... you've gone and ruined a perfectly somber mood...

LMFAO!!!! That was perfect!!!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yup, that alone should be the deciding factor. Anyone who says Kraperdick was going to be great lost all credibility.
So funny. I am watching the NFLN and they are doing a story about the 2005 draft where Smith went first and Rogers dropped. Jaworski is adamant about how "The delta between Alex Smith and the other QBs is significant". Jaws is a major putz......