If you were confident that Quick would break out this year... (first 3 picks)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No. Because Chris Givens isn't our current #1. Unless Givens shows significant improvement, I think Tavon, Cook, and likely Bailey are ahead of him in the pecking order.

See, I was the biggest fan in the world of the Cook signing last year. Unfortunately he proved just as lazy and disinterested as many of the doubters said he was when he came over. I don't know what the cap implications are, but wish the Rams would have just cut him and drafted a guy to go with Kendricks and Harkey, who I like a lot more than him.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
See, I was the biggest fan in the world of the Cook signing last year. Unfortunately he proved just as lazy and disinterested as many of the doubters said he was when he came over. I don't know what the cap implications are, but wish the Rams would have just cut him and drafted a guy to go with Kendricks and Harkey, who I like a lot more than him.

I understand that you are disappointed, but cutting him is bit harsh. Give him year two, and a healthy Bradford.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'd like to try to trade down a bit and pick up a 2nd. In the event of that:
Evans
Haha
Su'a-Filo
Kyle Fuller

I like to pair up outside receivers with similar skillsets. Look at Chicago, Denver, Green Bay, Indy, GSOT.

Imagine Sam's confidence if he could just throw up jump balls to either side when Tavon is covered.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Frankly, this sounds like a major exaggeration. Cook is what he is. Some people had unrealistic expectations I guess. But with a QB that can actually get the ball down-field, Cook can be very useful.

Just cutting him? Nah. That's just a waste of resources with what it would cost.

iced

No. Because Chris Givens isn't our current #1. Unless Givens shows significant improvement, I think Tavon, Cook, and likely Bailey are ahead of him in the pecking order.

until the snap count changes - Givens is and has been our clear cut #1. As much as I like Bailey, his snaps didn't significantly consistently increase until tavon was injured, late in the season.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
until the snap count changes - Givens is and has been our clear cut #1. As much as I like Bailey, his snaps didn't significantly consistently increase until tavon was injured, late in the season.
What would Kurt Warners snap count had been if not for an injury to the starter? What about Stacy if not for Richardson? Sometimes an injury can be a blessing in disguise.

iced

What would Kurt Warners snap count had been if not for an injury to the starter?

What injured player is Givens replacing? He was #1 going into the season....nothing like warner

BTW the Snap count between him and the next highest receiver was about 20% (which is a big number)

What about Stacy if not for Richardson? Sometimes an injury can be a blessing in disguise.

You think Richardson lost his job to stacy because of injury? Lol no. Richardson was woefully under performing. Consistently running into the backs of offensive lineman was a big part of this - he has no vision between the tackles

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I guess that makes Chris Long our #1 DE...until the snap count changes, of course.

And what you're bolding isn't factually correct.

iced

I guess that makes Chris Long our #1 DE...until the snap count changes, of course.

And what you're bolding isn't factually correct.
Quinn and Long both played 85% of defensive snaps..

Givens was a full 20% ahead of the next wide out... Long wasn't 20% ahead of quinn..

bad comparison.

Are now we ignoring the fact he was listed as #1? Let alone the listing + corresponding snap count?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quinn and Long both played 85% of defensive snaps..

Givens was a full 20% ahead of the next wide out... Long wasn't 20% ahead of quinn..

bad comparison.

Are now we ignoring the fact he was listed as #1? Let alone the listing + corresponding snap count?

Interesting because when I looked at the snap count, it had Chris Long with more snaps than Robert Quinn. So now it doesn't matter who has more snaps...unless it's by a certain percentage? That's called moving the goal-posts.

We, as humans, have the ability to think critically. Using your ability to think critically, do you think Chris Givens is the best WR on this roster currently? Do you think he will be the best WR on this roster next year(ignoring any rookie WR)?

Nobody was talking about who the #1 was last year. We're talking about the top WR going into next year. And with my ability to watch the film and think critically, I came to the conclusion that I don't think it's Givens. Do you believe it is Givens?

If it is Givens, it will be because he improved a lot over the off-season and in training camp. Because I happen to think that Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey both made major strides last year and should show significant improvement in 2014.

Last edited:

iced

Interesting because when I looked at the snap count, it had Chris Long with more snaps than Robert Quinn. So now it doesn't matter who has more snaps...unless it's by a certain percentage? That's called moving the goal-posts.

LOL you have got to be kidding me. This is your response because Long played what, 0.5% more snaps and Givens was around 20% more?

Dude if you're on the field most and listed as the #1, well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

We're talking about the top WR going into next year. And with my ability to watch the film and think critically, I came to the conclusion that I don't think it's Givens. Do you believe it is Givens? If not, spare me the stupid snap count angle.

Actually you said Givens wasn't the #1 last year - i was just pointing out that's not correct...

I don't think Givens should be - but what I think is irrelevant. What they do is a whole different matter - and i think they're going to address the position

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, Iced. Thank you for proving to me by not answering the question(s) that you can't even argue that Givens is currently our best WR or that you expect him to be the #1 WR next year. Just saved us a good amount of time on a completely pointless argument.

iced

Ok, Iced. Thank you for proving to me by not answering the question(s) that you can't even argue that Givens is currently our best WR or that you expect him to be the #1 WR next year. Just saved us a good amount of time on a completely pointless argument.

I don't think Givens should be - but what I think is irrelevant. What they do is a whole different matter - and i think they're going to address the position

Alan

Legend
jrry32 nailing it:
upload_2014-3-31_7-11-57.jpeg

Firstly I'm not confident in either Quick or Givens. But I'll play along.

1.2 Matthews
1.13 Dennard
2.13 FS

Would really love to take a TE, but even with Cook as a starter I can't justify it over DB.

Memphis Ram

Legend
My top 3 picks to date have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Brian Quick and is not nearly supposed NEED focused as many here. IMO, this #1 WR nonsense makes little sense and drafting solely for need makes even less sense as team needs don't influence player availability. I'm hoping the Rams take the BPA within reason. That's how you get your impact players on your roster like Quinn.

1) JaDeveon Clowney DE South Carolina*
clowney1-300x224.jpg

1) Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
1201626.jpg

2) Brandon Thomas, OL, Clemson
brandon.thomas921.jpg

I simply couldn't believe the draft poll had Clinton Dix as the winner. Here's more info on Dennard:

As a senior, Dennard has had 111 passes targeted into his area, allowing just 17 completions (15.32%) for 91 yards. He recorded 14 PDs ( 4 INTs, 10 Deflections) & rerouted/jammed his man coverage assignments away from 62 of those passing attempts (55.86%). Dave Te Thomas, NFL Draft Report

IMO, while extreme, passing on Dennard for Dix could rival passing on Revis trying to fill a need with Carriker. This kid is a PERFECT fit for Gregg Williams defense and IMO, it would be almost criminal to pass on him if he's available.

Name
JP
Frankly, this sounds like a major exaggeration. Cook is what he is. Some people had unrealistic expectations I guess. But with a QB that can actually get the ball down-field, Cook can be very useful.

Just cutting him? Nah. That's just a waste of resources with what it would cost.

Yea, it would probably be a waste considering whatever the cap hit would be. That contract does look pretty awful right about now.

Name
JP
Yea, it would probably be a waste considering whatever the cap hit would be. That contract does look pretty awful right about now.

Same goes for Cook about the playing time, he is so one dimensional that he's not even the TE on the field the majority of the time.