If you were confident that Quick would break out this year... (first 3 picks)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
First of all, Quick or any other WR on this team need to be a "#1". I just don't understand the obsession with the concept that a team has to have someone with that label. It's something that the media and internet posters like to talk about, when in fact, there are very few of them worthy of that label.

For this offense to be successful, they need all five guys (that includes Cook) to be able to contribute. I would much rather have fives guys with 30-50 catches than depend on one guy to end up with 80+. Be it Quick, who I do expect to step up and perform this year, or Bailey, Austin and to a lesser extent, Givens, they will all have their roles, and if they hold on to the ball, can be a very productive unit.

So, assuming that occurs, and the "need" isn't here to draft a WR early, I would envision....

1. Matthews/Robinson
2. Gilbert/Dennard
3. Pryor/Shazier

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
First of all, Quick or any other WR on this team need to be a "#1". I just don't understand the obsession with the concept that a team has to have someone with that label. It's something that the media and internet posters like to talk about, when in fact, there are very few of them worthy of that label.

For this offense to be successful, they need all five guys (that includes Cook) to be able to contribute. I would much rather have fives guys with 30-50 catches than depend on one guy to end up with 80+. Be it Quick, who I do expect to step up and perform this year, or Bailey, Austin and to a lesser extent, Givens, they will all have their roles, and if they hold on to the ball, can be a very productive unit.

So, assuming that occurs, and the "need" isn't here to draft a WR early, I would envision....

1. Matthews/Robinson
2. Gilbert/Dennard
3. Pryor/Shazier

You have to have that one guy. Sure there are teams that spread it around, but every good team in the NFL has that go to WR/TE. You simply have to have it, whether you want to call it being the #1 WR or what not.

By the way, I like your first 3 picks!(y)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
No trades...

1. Clowney
2. Pryor
3. Best OG available. The Fila' Tui guy...

Honestly, I'd rather trade 13 than pick any of them straight up.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Be it Quick, who I do expect to step up and perform this year, or Bailey, Austin and to a lesser extent, Givens, they will all have their roles, and if they hold on to the ball, can be a very productive unit.

1. Matthews/Robinson
2. Gilbert/Dennard
3. Pryor/Shazier

I'm with you, Coach.

(y)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Clowney
Dennard
Yankey

Then give me

Bradford
Bitonio
Sims

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
You have to have that one guy. Sure there are teams that spread it around, but every good team in the NFL has that go to WR/TE. You simply have to have it, whether you want to call it being the #1 WR or what not.

By the way, I like your first 3 picks!(y)
So who is that one guy on the SB winners from Seattle? You framed the question with a lot of assumptions to support your theory that we need either Watkins or Evans to be successful. And if we presume that Fisher is telling the truth he like Quick and the rest of the WRs on the team right now and expects good production from them.

For my list:

Matthews
Evans/Dennard
Yankey/S'ua Filo

Name
JP
So who is that one guy on the SB winners from Seattle? You framed the question with a lot of assumptions to support your theory that we need either Watkins or Evans to be successful. And if we presume that Fisher is telling the truth he like Quick and the rest of the WRs on the team right now and expects good production from them.

For my list:

Matthews
Evans/Dennard
Yankey/S'ua Filo

Okay, I will give you Seattle :doh:. I think they are more of the exception than the rule though. Not many teams have a run game that dominant, and have that many all pro players on defense.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Okay, I will give you Seattle :doh:. I think they are more of the exception than the rule though. Not many teams have a run game that dominant, and have that many all pro players on defense.

LOL

Seahawks
Ravens
Giants
Green Bay
NO
Pittsburgh
Giants

SierraRam

Recreational User
Robinson
Donald
Clinton-Dix

Almost 100% agree -

Dix likely not there in the 2nd. Bucannon is moving up the boards at Safety - there's a few pundits predicting he'll be the best safety in this class...

Check out some tape on him or Jimmie Ward (great range and instincts)

Name
JP
LOL

Seahawks
Ravens --> Boldin and Pitta
Giants --> Cruz, Nicks, and Plaxico
Green Bay --> Jennings, Finley, Nelson, Cobb, and Jones
NO--> Graham and Colston
Pittsburgh--> Wallace, Ward, Plaxico, Brown
Giants

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Question for you 2 guys though, if Quick doesnt emerge and the Rams dont bring in any more WRs, your alright going into next year with Chris Givens as your #1 WR?

No. Because Chris Givens isn't our current #1. Unless Givens shows significant improvement, I think Tavon, Cook, and likely Bailey are ahead of him in the pecking order.