If not Von... plans B, C, D, etc.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Btw - thanks Merlin for being such a solid poster over the years.I’ve enjoyed it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
True, but with the depth, the Rams can utilize load management with Miller to keep him fresh as the season progresses. McVay & his staff are above the rest when it comes to this and I believe strongly if they keep Miller, it's a good thing.

Yeah coach -Den agree.

I just love Raheem Morris more for knowing that as well. He puts players in to succeed & develop.Gives players chances.
Mcvay in his preseason just is purely awesome.Les Snead Loves it!! AJ Jackson is the perfect example of how The Rams role.How good will he be going up against all that young edge rushing talent ? I don’t know who gets signed or not ? What it will show is who is who & what The Rams thoughts were(are) z

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Key being "with depth" here den. You are on target! I have been posting about the need for several ER's/OLB'ers entering the picture here in this upcoming prominent 3rd day 2022 draft.

Get no argument out of me:zipper: that getting Von Miller under contract until he retires is as you said "a good thing". DC Morris did a good job of limiting Von's snaps this past season & I see no reason why he would change that if he is lucky enough to get this veteran OLB'er back in the defense.

I mentioned this before that DC Morris who has a few 43 D under contract with some younger NFL size 43 Defensive edge rushers :
Jonah Williams 6-5/275
Ernest Brown 6-5/270
Terrell Lewis 6-5/252

To go with his very few 34 D OLB'er under contract:
Leonard Floyd 6-5/240
Justin Hollins 6-5/245
Chris Garrett 6-4/245

DC Morris looks very well set with the 34 DL'ers @ this time:
Donald
Robinson
Gaines
Hoecht
Brown

Selecting a few OLB'ers on day 3 like Okoronkwo was would be the direction I would go IF they can resign Von.

Well Hoecht vs Marquis Copeland ??
I’d say as next Ram up it’s Copeland.
I will not disagree on Hoecht’s talent as a athlete. DT/De sorry Copeland. So Bonifay’d your slipping.

I’m going to add 2 names & 1 of this players will be a Rams next season.

Jake Gervase & or Christian Rozeboom
at least on the practice squad

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well Hoecht vs Marquis Copeland ??
I’d say as next Ram up it’s Copeland.
I will not disagree on Hoecht’s talent as a athlete. DT/De sorry Copeland. So Bonifay’d your slipping.

I’m going to add 2 names & 1 of this players will be a Rams next season.

Jake Gervase & or Christian Rozeboom
at least on the practice squad
Copeland was a decent backup to either starting Robinson or Donald on run downs in 2021 season. In 2022 Copeland offers very little if any in the pass rush talent. DC Morris & DL coach Henderson have only one real pass rush DL'er & that's the soon to be 31 yr old Aaron Donald. Can you name any?

Rams invested a sizeable amount of 2021 draft assets in drafting DT Bobby Brown to help in replacing the snaps that former Ram & now UFA Sebastian Jospeh-Day has been getting for several years now. The Rams are sure to get DL'er Brown some serious time in the "Grooming Machine" this season. Once again I need to stress here that Brown is primarily a run stuffer. Brown is sure to take away Copeland's 9.4% defensive snaps IMO thus Copeland's value to this Morris Defense is sure to be diminished in 2022 due to this.

Starting DT Robinson & NT Gaines are heavily endowed with run-stuffing abilities too. Both did begin to work up their pass rush skills but still, they are not real threats to offer any pass rush presser & if Donald misses time this DL is in BIG trouble.

DT Mike Hoecht had 9.5% snaps in DC Morris's defense last season. Mike Hoecht is the only other current Ram signed DT who has any prospective latent pass rush skills that can be developed.

So When you have four DT's signed in Donald-Robinson-Gaines & Brown it's evident to me that what is a must to be blended & mixed is NOT another run-down run-stuffer short-light-small DT like Copeland. So yes I have a different outlook from you on this subject.

It would not surprise me with all these AD retirement tweets from him that it will result in Snead strongly considering drafting a pass-rushing DT prospect in this 2022 draft.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Copeland was a decent backup to either starting Robinson or Donald on run downs in 2021 season. In 2022 Copeland offers very little if any in the pass rush talent. DC Morris & DL coach Henderson have only one real pass rush DL'er & that's the soon to be 31 yr old Aaron Donald. Can you name any?

Rams invested a sizeable amount of 2021 draft assets in drafting DT Bobby Brown to help in replacing the snaps that former Ram & now UFA Sebastian Jospeh-Day has been getting for several years now. The Rams are sure to get DL'er Brown some serious time in the "Grooming Machine" this season. Once again I need to stress here that Brown is primarily a run stuffer. Brown is sure to take away Copeland's 9.4% defensive snaps IMO thus Copeland's value to this Morris Defense is sure to be diminished in 2022 due to this.

Starting DT Robinson & NT Gaines are heavily endowed with run-stuffing abilities too. Both did begin to work up their pass rush skills but still, they are not real threats to offer any pass rush presser & if Donald misses time this DL is in BIG trouble.

DT Mike Hoecht had 9.5% snaps in DC Morris's defense last season. Mike Hoecht is the only other current Ram signed DT who has any prospective latent pass rush skills that can be developed.

So When you have four DT's signed in Donald-Robinson-Gaines & Brown it's evident to me that what is a must to be blended & mixed is NOT another run-down run-stuffer short-light-small DT like Copeland. So yes I have a different outlook from you on this subject.

It would not surprise me with all these AD retirement tweets from him that it will result in Snead strongly considering drafting a pass-rushing DT prospect in this 2022 draft.

Morgan Fox was just released by the Panthers, ... bring him back home. We'll never get an immediate quality rotational pass rushing DE out of this upcoming draft. Bobby Brown will take SJD's roster spot, Copeland should probably stick as a rotational player, and Fox could replace Hoecht on the 53.
jmo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Morgan Fox was just released by the Panthers, ... bring him back home. We'll never get an immediate quality rotational pass rushing DE out of this upcoming draft. Bobby Brown will take SJD's roster spot, Copeland should probably stick as a rotational player, and Fox could replace Hoecht on the 53.
jmo.
I could see Snead waiting to see what transpires with Fox. I am sure that this brand new news caught his attention. Since Morgan Fox was released, there will be no damage to Snead's (not so secret) huge upcoming in-line Compensational Draft Selections Awards.

Question River: Do you think (as it was reported) that DE Morgan Fox's contract was too costly for the return dividends in that Panthers defense?
Fox started nine games and had 34 tackles and 1 1/2 sacks after signing a two-year, $8.1 million contract in 2021.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It's not so much that his contract was too costly imo, but moving Fox from a 3-4 into a 4-3 and having big expectations, that and having previously drafted Yetur Gross-Matos in the 2'nd round didn't necessarily appear like a warranted answer for them.
With the Rams, Fox had shown improvement every year with the 2020 season being his absolute best yet, imo they shouldn't have let him get away. jmo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It's not so much that his contract was too costly imo, but moving Fox from a 3-4 into a 4-3 and having big expectations, that and having previously drafted Yetur Gross-Matos in the 2'nd round didn't necessarily appear like a warranted answer for them.
With the Rams, Fox had shown improvement every year with the 2020 season being his absolute best yet, imo they shouldn't have let him get away. jmo.
Yep, I agree he appears to just fit this 34 D. Rams might be able to get him back in here @ a bargain price.

I do know that he worked very well with AD for 3 yrs & brings the needed pass rush presser that this 2022 DL will need.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah Gregory going to Denver is a good sign for us. C. Jones is still a FA though i think. Need that domino to fall.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Yeah Gregory going to Denver is a good sign for us. C. Jones is still a FA though i think. Need that domino to fall.
Not necessarily sure how good that is because the Cowboys were willing to spend a boatload of money on Gregory. Got to imagine they're going to throw that money at Von Miller or Chandler Jones

dang

Legend
Not necessarily sure how good that is because the Cowboys were willing to spend a boatload of money on Gregory. Got to imagine they're going to throw that money at Von Miller or Chandler Jones
We’ll if Miller goes to the Cowboys it would only be for the $$$. His sentimental option of Denver looks to be closed.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
They weren't willing to spend as much on Gregory as Von is believed to be looking for. Gregory's deal is about 14 per.. Von wants 18, at least, from what I've read.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
They weren't willing to spend as much on Gregory as Von is believed to be looking for. Gregory's deal is about 14 per.. Von wants 18, at least, from what I've read.
Whew.....lots of coin being thrown around. Just sitting here waiting to hear some good signing news.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yeah, I'm kind of worried about the cowgirls reaching out to Von now. That would be an awful result. That said, we could put money elsewhere like maybe Jack/Wagz and/or Mathieu, all nice options.