If not Von... plans B, C, D, etc.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Snead probably asked him to find out what Denver will pay him. You know the Broncos have reached out to him with a verbal offer.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Every year we learn that teams can do what they want with the cap. Question is how far are they willing to go. Well with the Rams there is no wall, and if there is it's a few years down the road and even then they can push that thing back most likely.

So relax folks. Rams are gonna get Von done. Why do I feel that way? Because we need him. We had a huge hole on blindside edge and he finally filled it for us. No way they're gonna let him get out of town. They'll move money around and ink his freak ass.

Same with OBJ. Difference makers the both of them. Both will be kept IMO.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not writing it off, I just think it got a little more difficult and possibly more expensive.

WOW- the fact he is saying a slim chance it won’t get done is crazy to me.I was just going to right him off,so OttoRams post is eye opening.

AD99 really appreciated having Von Miller.coach Mcvay showed how much coming back meant.There are only a few times in History a Player can Play for a Dynasty.
Stafford knows it as well,The Rams will pay there players.That is the thing about winning is the cost of players contracts.
This is why I’ve always believed playing in LA vs the Lou is better for The Rams Franchise.It’s the signings off the field that help.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
WOW- the fact he is saying a slim chance it won’t get done is crazy to me.I was just going to right him off,so OttoRams post is eye opening.

AD99 really appreciated having Von Miller.coach Mcvay showed how much coming back meant.There are only a few times in History a Player can Play for a Dynasty.
Stafford knows it as well,The Rams will pay there players.That is the thing about winning is the cost of players contracts.
This is why I’ve always believed playing in LA vs the Lou is better for The Rams Franchise.It’s the signings off the field that help.
I was happy to read that and hope that's honest insight.

I just think that if that defensive front returns intact.. this team is in GREAT shape next season. GREAT.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This was very tough to post, but I concur.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Snead probably asked him to find out what Denver will pay him. You know the Broncos have reached out to him with a verbal offer.

The Rams do there home work.Les try’s to get down to the nuts & bolts.
Kevin Demoff has his hands in it as well.Sneads been spectacular in his role as The Rams GM.
Freaking Les is like a Mad Scientist. Funny everyone used to think that about Mad Mike back in the day,just because he looked the part.
Make things even more Freaking Funny is Les Snead wearing these google looking glasses.He is always going for a new look,& I think now he has found it.
Wasn’t he going to be a Dr. Or go into Med-school? Austin Corbett as well is a smart guy if my bad memory is correct?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have Lewis and Hollins who are extremely underrated. Hollins has the physical metrics you want at a starting edge. He came in raw so he's been underutilized since then. But he looks to be a complete OLB who can rush, drop into coverage, and has been decent against the run. Time for the Rams to begin to tap into the talent they have on this roster in the form of Lewis and Hollins.
Neither Lewis nor Hollins are anything other than depth options to my eye. And in Lewis' case he's iffy at best just to be healthy and capable of dressing. Even with Von returning they might need some fresh blood on the depth chart. I mean I like Garrett but he's a late rounder who needs a lot of work.

I agree that Hollins has some surprising mobility for his size. Not many guys who can cover wheel routes like he can that are his size. But his actual rush is the problem. The guy is mediocre at best there. He's a depth OLB who might be able to sustain as a strong side OLB for a lesser team but it won't be for a contender. SOLB is his best role IMO but we have the best in the biz there in Floyd.

Rams have a realistic view of their depth I think. So they're gonna push to get this done.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was happy to read that and hope that's honest insight.

I just think that if that defensive front returns intact.. this team is in GREAT shape next season. GREAT.

Oh Yeah- maybe one of The Best All-Time. You know there is some Young guys that will fill in those gaps & only get that much better.

I’m one of these guys that enjoys watching the development of players & draft picks.Stay positive until they give reasons not to.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Neither Lewis nor Hollins are anything other than depth options to my eye. And in Lewis' case he's iffy at best just to be healthy and capable of dressing. Even with Von returning they might need some fresh blood on the depth chart. I mean I like Garrett but he's a late rounder who needs a lot of work.

I agree that Hollins has some surprising mobility for his size. Not many guys who can cover wheel routes like he can that are his size. But his actual rush is the problem. The guy is mediocre at best there. He's a depth OLB who might be able to sustain as a strong side OLB for a lesser team but it won't be for a contender. SOLB is his best role IMO but we have the best in the biz there in Floyd.

Rams have a realistic view of their depth I think. So they're gonna push to get this done.

Like I said I’m one of these guys that enjoy watching the development of players.

Hollins it training camp showed some pass rush ability,but I agree with you in the fact he doesn’t show it in games. He did show skill at a ILB,which was shocking.I don’t know your take about Raheem Morris,but posters were calling for him there.I was wrong that he couldn’t play there.

Lewis- more so than Hollins has very limited pass rush as a OLB.IMO I liked him more as a ILB when he Freaking layed out Gronk. He also is excellent at delayed Blizting coming from the middle of the field vs the edge.
Merlin- you can doubt him all you want.What I do know is Reggie is amazing at getting players healthy from Lnee injuries & wrote off on him from Bama! He was a cheer leader on the sidelines which I like from a team first aspect. We’ll see,but The Rams won the SuperBowl & I always believed they could.

Garrett is a player in training camp looked lost,but he also was hard to follow because of the CB(db)in dreads. Seeing Garrett go off in the preseason was awesome.Imo there is no doubt he has a SPECIAL talent & is The Best young player coming off the edge. I was very disappointed he did not get vaccinated.It imo was a selfish act. We do have our freedoms & he payed The Biggest price because of it.That said it was his rookie season & he had a lot of time to think about his Life & Future as a Ram.It doesn’t take away from his talent or upside.

We all have our opinions.I’m not going to go back & say we’re I was right. Just going to continue to believe in Ram players and there development.This post though I Will remember for at least being wrong.

Hollins surprised me in training camp.OBo was a player who had some real good speed.He was a little slow in stature which which made things more difficult for him.

If Von Miller doesn’t resign then things get more real about which Ram player steps up.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This was very tough to post, but I concur.

Sad though in the sense that,the ball was in the Lou’s courts.All they had to do was come to the table with the River-Stadium earlier.We all knew The Dome was out of date & wasn’t worth investing the money.
Once the time past it gave Stan the out.I knew it was coming,especially when Stan put a bid in for the Dodgers.Never will forget talking to a police office double fisting beers before a music festival in the forum.
Hollywood park was ready to become a little park city.The plans were all drawn out & the City(police) had already researched the streets of the plans.It was interesting & I told him it wasn’t going to happen & The Rams owner was going to build a Stadium.He didn’t disagree,but was doubtful.Knowing that I could see this SuperBowl dream of happening on my side of the earth.
I’m a Rams Fan & would have been to St. Louis.I never made the trip.That was mainly because of a lot of things.
The date was Early December 2014,that I pretty much knew though if the lease is not signed or whatever that day was that Stan was gone.

I know what that loss of The Rams felt like.I’m glad of The Greatest Show on Turf. Never liked The LA Rams fan haters when they moved to the OC either. However it is Ram Fans are Bigger & better than me.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

The real reason the Rams Org. was forced to mortgage a sizeable quantity of limited priceless future draft assets for only a half-season worth of Von Miller was.........Rams had the option of utilizing Terrell Lewis & Justin Hollins & Og Okoronkwo & Chris Garrett & Justin Lawler.

Obviously, all of them, lacked the ability to remain on the field & produce enough plays for the Rams to have made the 2021 attempt in being in a position of winning that SB championship.

My position is to put a ton of time into savaging & squeezing as best they can those future investments already paid for Von & make a strong long-term commitment to him so he will remain a Rams until he can no longer produce on the field & needs to retire. Von has some serious hard rough mileage on him at his age & it's a big gamble if this is the direction the Rams go in. But the cast has been set!

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think a three year deal is the way to go. Might get two out of him. But either way I'd be shooting for a three year deal to ensure I have him paired with AD for at least two more runs at the title.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like I said I’m one of these guys that enjoy watching the development of players.

Hollins it training camp showed some pass rush ability,but I agree with you in the fact he doesn’t show it in games. He did show skill at a ILB,which was shocking.I don’t know your take about Raheem Morris,but posters were calling for him there.I was wrong that he couldn’t play there.
Hollins is an all-around good player. He's just not good enough to start for this team.

Having a plus rusher on the blindside is a beautiful thing. When you have that it really changes the way your defense is played. And for us adding him to AD is the magic. If it wasn't for that I'd be saying let Von go sign his retirement check elsewhere, but if we bring him back I think AD would energize and drive him to sustain that effort we saw during this title run.

It's really risky to pay guys that are long in the tooth for that reason. The give-a-fuck matters. Von on the Denver squad last year was sleepwalking. Soon as he got here he woke up. So I think he's going to cherish that interaction with AD and he's going to sign if the Rams are in the ballpark.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It's really risky to pay guys that are long in the tooth for that reason. The give-a-fuck matters. Von on the Denver squad last year was sleepwalking. Soon as he got here he woke up. So I think he's going to cherish that interaction with AD and he's going to sign if the Rams are in the ballpark.

Still, it's that 'ballpark' amount of money that has Rams fans questioning what happens next. It's not like we've heard that Donald & Von Miller have stepped up to the plate offering team friendly contracts so that they might play an entire season together on what could be one of the best NFL defensive lines in recent history, ... of course, maybe they have in private or with Pastoors/Demoff, we just don't know.
I'm not going to sweat it however it goes down, although a returning Von Miller should be very, very high on our agenda, but in any case, if the money being projected towards him by some media analysts proves to be unworkable, there are so many other options available for the team that it's not unlikely we are left with the ability to sign 3 new veteran free agents at positions of need for the price of one Von Miller.
jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When both sides are of the mind that they both benefit for the pairing and both want to get it done it usually gets done. So some team might swoop in with stupid money and he'll have to take it, but overall I'm not worried.

Also as to veteran players in general even if you could sign 5 marginal types for the same money I'd still rather have one guy who can dictate matchups and win. Rams will find and/or coach up those types to fill around that signing.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I'm not writing it off, I just think it got a little more difficult and possibly more expensive.
Its hard to overpay truly elite talent who are still playing at an elite level. You get into trouble paying average or good players elite money. I get the concerns of some people around here about over paying, but its Von fucking Miller. If we have him for the next 2-3 years our chances of winning another SB go up drastically.

Pay Me GIF

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Von has some serious hard rough mileage on him at his age & it's a big gamble if this is the direction the Rams go in. But the cast has been set!
True, but with the depth, the Rams can utilize load management with Miller to keep him fresh as the season progresses. McVay & his staff are above the rest when it comes to this and I believe strongly if they keep Miller, it's a good thing.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
True, but with the depth, the Rams can utilize load management with Miller to keep him fresh as the season progresses. McVay & his staff are above the rest when it comes to this and I believe strongly if they keep Miller, it's a good thing.
Key being "with depth" here den. You are on target! I have been posting about the need for several ER's/OLB'ers entering the picture here in this upcoming prominent 3rd day 2022 draft.

Get no argument out of me:zipper: that getting Von Miller under contract until he retires is as you said "a good thing". DC Morris did a good job of limiting Von's snaps this past season & I see no reason why he would change that if he is lucky enough to get this veteran OLB'er back in the defense.

I mentioned this before that DC Morris who has a few 43 D under contract with some younger NFL size 43 Defensive edge rushers :
Jonah Williams 6-5/275
Ernest Brown 6-5/270
Terrell Lewis 6-5/252

To go with his very few 34 D OLB'er under contract:
Leonard Floyd 6-5/240
Justin Hollins 6-5/245
Chris Garrett 6-4/245

DC Morris looks very well set with the 34 DL'ers @ this time:
Donald
Robinson
Gaines
Hoecht
Brown

Selecting a few OLB'ers on day 3 like Okoronkwo was would be the direction I would go IF they can resign Von.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hollins is an all-around good player. He's just not good enough to start for this team.

Having a plus rusher on the blindside is a beautiful thing. When you have that it really changes the way your defense is played. And for us adding him to AD is the magic. If it wasn't for that I'd be saying let Von go sign his retirement check elsewhere, but if we bring him back I think AD would energize and drive him to sustain that effort we saw during this title run.

Well not 100% true . Funny though Anchrum’s quite after playing against Von Miller in the preseason.
Mcvay develops players.That was my point from Hollins,Lewis, & Garrett.These guys will get there chance in the preseason. Hollins though was a starter for this 2021 SuperBowl team.Von Miller was the difference one of the difference makers.
Von Miller was coming off an injury & I think The Rams had that bye ?? I’m lazy to look up when. Point though was Mcvay said Von is getting close to his first sack as a Ram,but is working through somethings when we got him.
Your 100% right. My friend is a Bears fan. He went to a couple of The Rams games at Sofi. Just told me Mack was traded to the Chargers.He was sad,but my thoughts were Staley working with Mack & Floyd.Then the Denver HC(Mangio,Nick?) & Von Miller with his LB coach there.
Mack & Bosa with those young DB’s. I watched the chargers training camp.I liked there DB’s,but now how that piece fits the puzzle with Staley’s relationship.
Von Miller with The Rams new LB coach could be a key to resigning him.If nothing else dude took over for Staley & had a lateral move.
—Just connecting dots.The Rams are The Rams though & history will tell us.