I love TG30.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I have seen him up close and that dude is built like an outside LB. He has to be a handful for DBs to try and tackle.

They showed one replay from the endzone in real time from behind the safety who was lined up trying to stop him - it looked like a bull running at a fence. You could almost see the guy literally quaking in his cleats. It was noticeable that he got better as the game wore on and the defense tired out - that is helped by him feeding them his pads all day long. They have had enough pain by the 4th quarter and you start to focus on just stopping him, rather than delivering a hit on him.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
First Dickerson, then Faulk, then Jackson, and now Gurley. We have a great tradition of elite halfbacks.

Chemop 71

UDFA
welcome!

yes. I loved Gurley for the bulldogs. Sorry about the loss to Bama on Sat.

You are right, he was beefing in with the honey badger at the end of his runs. :)

Thanks. Bama ruined Saturday but Todd managed to ease the pain Always been a DGD !!

FrankenRam

Starter
If he goes down, we win. If he scores, the Cardinals get another crack at it. Especially if we miss the PAT. Smarter move is to go down. We've got the win in hand.

That is certainly possible. It's also possible I win the lottery next week.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That is certainly possible. It's also possible I win the lottery next week.

Okay...so it's possible. But as we saw, it wasn't possible for them to win once Gurley went down.(barring a botched snap) ;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The next to the last play, his dancing around WAS very savvy. The last play....well, it was ok. But given it looked like he was going to score, the Rams would have been up 9...assuming the PAT isn't missed. Being up 2 scores with < a minute to play would have been ok too.
Maybe so but strange things happen on the football field. Best to go to victory formation and let your team seal the deal. He did exactly what we needed him to do and showed it was all about winning - not his personal stats. And yeah - I loved the little two yard gain and dancing around to chew up clock and stay in bounds.

Athos

Legend
He's a bad mofo with a great personality. Heard from a few Dawg fans how humble and down to earth he is. And he does indeed run angry.

Can't wait to see how he is by seasons end.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
1st post guys so be easy on me. Ga fan here that's been lurking since Gurley was drafted. Hope he can stay healthy. If so he's a handful. Noticed all the post about his vision, speed, etc. One thing I don't think anyone has brought up. He runs pissed off. Same thing in college. Watch his last few runs to end the game. He's got a fire inside and seems to take it personal. Always loved that about him.
Welcome aboard Chemop. Thanks for the gift from Georgia.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am giddy. He is the piece we needed after the Foles acquisition. Foles was efficient with three TD's and a win, vs Sam Bradford's 3 TD's and loss....Sam just can't catch a break, and our break is a healthy Todd Gurley.....Most of his yards were in the 2nd half, and Austin came up HUGE. and our OLINE came up big (course, Gurley's running helped). Showed the difference between Gurley and Mason..not slamming Mason, but he's just not Gurley's equal.

DenverRam

Starter
grly.0.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm always impressed with his tremendous balance, running through or deflecting blows that would stagger or put down so many other RB's.

Agreed. Makes me think of SJ. I loved SJ but it seemed like he always got tripped up by an ankle tackle right before he would break a big run. Those guys weren't even slowing Gurley.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
i enjoyed watching him scrap for extra yards. He still missing something though, didn't appear to be 100%..

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
In the slo mo replays of his 52 yd run, #25 Cards tries to leap at him & just FACE PLANTS!!!! LOOOOOOVVVE it!!!!!

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
First Dickerson, then Faulk, then Jackson, and now Gurley. We have a great tradition of elite halfbacks.

Just to add a few small extra's like HOF Bettis the original Battering RAM, Lawrence McCutcheon who with Cullen Bryant our RB's in the first RAMS Super Bowl . Willie Ellison our first 1000 yard rusher when we only played 12 games. Wendell Tyler, Greg Bell who we got in trade from Bills and led the whole league as a RAM in Rushing for one Season. So many more GREAT RB's that played in HORN's in my lifetime but I bore you young kids because you were just a gleam in your Dads eye. RAMS are Famous for thier RB's and for me to see another one Break his cherry today has me over the Moon. He COULD be Dickerson IF this line grows with him. We have Wichmann to step in for Saffold when that day comes and our guys are still pups that still scare me some times. Jamon Brown got blown up today and I've not seen that before. Just a few more bumps for this growing bunch with G. Rob and Havenstein is looking even better. I could be getting excited if we can get AO back before the PLAYOFFS and FRESH with Ayers forced to get reps and earn his $$$ along with young Hagor,Lynch & we NEED Bates bigtime. Time for Fairley and Brian Quick to join the Party. NO INJURIES!!!

Gurley was maybe at 4.7 30 last week (Timid) expected. Today he went arond 4.6-4.5 and we will see his fastball real soon as he broke his cherry today and will be put in the cold tub tomorrow or Fisher might throw him in tonight. That is Fishers (Future). WE WILL SEE THE 4.4 to 4.3 that is DICKERSON at his peak with more Power and he will Hurdle peeps out of nowhere as he's been trained that way. LMAO!!! NO INJURIES!!!

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We may have been 4-0 with a healthy TGII to start the season. This is how one special player can change the dynamic of a team:
  • Now Nick no longer has the entire team on his shoulders; he dumps some responsibility on our super rook, and he gets time to establish a Game Day rapport with all his fly guys.
  • Tavon is joined by TGII as mismatch nightmares, and he will get more opportunities to find space with all the attention Todd will generate. The same is true for the rest of our receivers.
  • Our overworked D will get much more rest and will be fresher to tee off whenever needed by General Greg.

Without a doubt. Having a guy that talented in the backfield just changes everything.

Green Bay is going to be $h!tt!ng their pants watching film from this game. Cigs also has done a great job of freezing the defenses with all the misdirection and ensuring they don't know what's coming. They still stalled out plenty of drives but in order to gameplan for this offense it'll be necessary to start with the whole thing designed around Gurley. All of a sudden Tavon is problem #2.

Oh and btw... Wait until Gurley really gets settled in the screen and outlet pass game. Defenses are gonna rip their hair out trying to contain him. Or so I hope.