Hypothetical Trade: Franchise QB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which trade do you prefer?

• Steelers Trade

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Giants Trade

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Don't Make Either Trade

Votes: 29 90.6%

• Total voters

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the rams deceived bradford.

before the season started he had that spark in his eyes, like he couldn't wait for the season to start. camp reports suggested the rams were gonna open up the playbook and let sam run the no huddle more frequently. sam said they were gonna run a more up tempo offense.

then the season starts, first two weeks show a little of that promised uptempo attack but only after the rams were in huge holes. all the talk is the no huddle leading up to the dallas game. then, nothing. fisher has refused to use it, a big fuck you to the fans/media, like nobody tells him how to run the offense. the rams find themselves in a huge hole against the cowboys and in the 3rd or 4th qtr they lead possibly the slowest td drive in the history of the nfl. it was like ripping a tooth out.

after the same shit against the whiners in their house and bradford looked like he had been betrayed. his eyes were dull. maybe this can explain his terrible game against the whiners. unhappy qb leads to crappy performance.

btw, screw eli and rapeburger. just let sam run an offense that suits his skill set. all these qbs having success have offenses that suit their skillset, why should bradford be any different?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
jrry32 said:
Thordaddy said:
OK so now Bradfprd has to be as good as Manning in yr.15 or he should be trade bait?

Manning is his own OC if we must compare Sam to Manning then make whoever you want to trade for be compared to him as well

Can we just give Manning a head-set and make him our OC?
That's a nice deflection jrry but the point was ,your statement that Manning could make this work implicitly says , Bradford sucks and needs to be traded cuz he can't do what Manning does in like his 15th year in the league and the ability to how did that guy put it? "tell the coach to go to hell".

Again all this trade Bradford fire the coach stuff is basically applying fantasy league type management to real world problems ,these are real people with contracts learning curves etc.
The most stable orgs in the league don't knee jerk the way you've been proposing here and in other threads,THAT was the best and IMO only valid argument to NOT fire Spags, THAT is why Fisher asked for and got 5 years on his contract to prevent reactionary thinking from making him look like he couldn't do the job because an owner became unduly impatient.

I really dislike the tenor of this board at the moment being a fraction off the way things got when Spags went down, Fisher is a good coach and IMO the smart play is to sit back and let him do his job,not form lynch mobs,not sayin you are BTW but all that stuff is a progression and the way things are here in this thread and others is where that stuff starts ,where fan bases become argumentatively and eventually vehemently divided ,not tellin' anyone how to post just sayin' I think ALL this stuff is premature and change for the sake of change doesn't often work out.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm pretty much off the Bradford bandwagon now but I still don't want another team's aging QB that, while they've won SB's, aren't what I'd consider elite.

Napa Jack

UDFA
hey Tdaddy.... long time no talk.

I agree with your take. I am not as close to this as I usta was, but what I have seen so far tells me this isn't on Bradford or Fisher. Not yet anyway. Bradford can throw the ball with zip and accuracy. What he can't do is block, rush and run routes. This Rams organization seems to have the same problem every year. Where are the All Pros at the key positions? I don't see any so far this year. Fisher knows how to coach, I think he just needs more better football players.

Maybe the OC is wrong for the job, but maybe it just comes down to players. The line looks soft, again, and who exactly is Bradford relying on when he needs to move the chains? Who is the deep threat on this team, and if there is one, does he have time to run the deep routes with double moves?

I think Fisher will get this worked out, but it's going to take longer than anyone thought. We will need all the draft picks in the next two years to get the players needed to actually improve. So... 2016 maybe?

Being a Ram fan sure tests the patience.

nighttrain

Legend
jrry32 said:
bluecoconuts said:
Neither, as QB is the last of our troubles at this point. Like I said before, Sam Bradford is leading the 12th best passing offense in the league with the worst run game in the NFL which is essentially nonexistent, and a O-Line that has been doing an awful job at protecting him.

Has he looked great? Of course not. Who would look great with those circumstances though? I can't think of a single QB that would look good there. Is he the problem? No.

Before I'll even entertain the idea of giving up on Bradford I want to see:
1- Pass Protection
2- A run game
3- Inspired playcalling

If after all that, we look bad, then I'll place blame on Bradford. Until then, not a chance.

Peyton Manning would get it done here.
if he could fly! :cheese:
train

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
jrry32 said:
Peyton Manning would get it done here.
i would love, just love, to see peyton on our sideline calling out players and coaches. i love sam, but he just doesnt have that kind of personality.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
That's a nice deflection jrry but the point was ,your statement that Manning could make this work implicitly says , Bradford sucks and needs to be traded cuz he can't do what Manning does in like his 15th year in the league and the ability to how did that guy put it? "tell the coach to go to hell".

Well, no, that would be a strawman.

Again all this trade Bradford fire the coach stuff is basically applying fantasy league type management to real world problems ,these are real people with contracts learning curves etc.
The most stable orgs in the league don't knee jerk the way you've been proposing here and in other threads,THAT was the best and IMO only valid argument to NOT fire Spags, THAT is why Fisher asked for and got 5 years on his contract to prevent reactionary thinking from making him look like he couldn't do the job because an owner became unduly impatient.

I don't have any delusions that this type of thing will happen. The cap implications make it nearly impossible anyways.

But I don't like when things aren't working. Fisher and Bradford can earn back my confidence. But this type of thing is less about me thinking little about Bradford and more about me thinking a lot of Roethlisberger.

I really dislike the tenor of this board at the moment being a fraction off the way things got when Spags went down, Fisher is a good coach and IMO the smart play is to sit back and let him do his job,not form lynch mobs,not sayin you are BTW but all that stuff is a progression and the way things are here in this thread and others is where that stuff starts ,where fan bases become argumentatively and eventually vehemently divided ,not tellin' anyone how to post just sayin' I think ALL this stuff is premature and change for the sake of change doesn't often work out.

Fisher will have his chance but his stubbornness right now...and helplessness to a degree is not inspiring a lot of confidence in me.

I don't see this as change for the sake of change. I don't believe in that. I only make change when I believe it's become necessary.

moklerman

Warner-phile
The league is just not set up for what Fisher wants to do anymore. It seems that unless there are some rule changes, his vision of offense won't be effective. Just look at the Ravens. Even they had to resort to passing the ball to win it all.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
jrry32 said:
Fisher will have his chance but his stubbornness right now...and helplessness to a degree is not inspiring a lot of confidence in me.

I don't see this as change for the sake of change. I don't believe in that. I only make change when I believe it's become necessary.
It's beyond stubbornness, it's seems to me to be arrogance. Further, I believe either: (1) we've been deceived by this current regime, or (2) they deluded themselves into thinking that they could retain a traditional run-offense in today's nfl while simultaneously removing SJ and adopting a RB-committee approach with unproven players. They screwed up big time and sold us a bill of goods in the process.

At least spags didn't lose my trust, but these guys have.

Philly5

Rookie
IMO, Eli is 32, Ben is 31. That is too old for a team in the Rams situation. I would not do either deal straight up even if we did manage to win a game or two more this year.

None, imo we still don't know what we have in Sam, let's actually put him in a position to succeed and see what we have at the end of the season, if he keeps on playing like he is I'd probably take the Ben trade.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Rams and Gators said:
None, imo we still don't know what we have in Sam, let's actually put him in a position to succeed and see what we have at the end of the season, if he keeps on playing like he is I'd probably take the Ben trade.
Agreed except instead of Ben I'd go draft all signing Ben would do is give us a short term answer

Rabid Ram said:
Rams and Gators said:
Agreed except instead of Ben I'd go draft all signing Ben would do is give us a short term answer

He's probably got between 5 and 9 years left in him, I'd rather take 9 years of guaranteed top 10 QB play than to roll the dice on 17 years of elite QB play. But in the real world I'd go the draft route.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I wouldnt make any of those trades, if I had to. Eli.

Now. My question to you is, Do you even think any other teams would take Bradford?

:twisted:

Napa Jack

UDFA
They could try doing in St. Louis what they did in Oklahoma:

"The 2008 Oklahoma offense went on to become one of the most prolific in college football history. Playing at a breakneck speed in which they snapped the ball every 22.31 seconds, the Sooners ran 1,089 plays -- the most of any team in the country."

That team also ran the ball over 50% of the time. But then, they had a pretty good offensive line.

Sam would like the new style no huddle offenses that we are seeing all over the league. What he would also like is more better players all over that unit.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Napa Jack said:
They could try doing in St. Louis what they did in Oklahoma:

"The 2008 Oklahoma offense went on to become one of the most prolific in college football history. Playing at a breakneck speed in which they snapped the ball every 22.31 seconds, the Sooners ran 1,089 plays -- the most of any team in the country."

That team also ran the ball over 50% of the time. But then, they had a pretty good offensive line.

Sam would like the new style no huddle offenses that we are seeing all over the league. What he would also like is more better players all over that unit.

Quicker 3 and outs, lol jk :mrgreen:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
jrry32 said:
Angry Ram said:
Last I checked I can post my opinion on w/e thread that's here. I don't like the question you are right, and I think only came up just b/c of 1 horrible game. Sam was a major reason why this team had high expectations and one bad game doesn't warrant IMO stuff like this. Again, it's just pointless to me.

You can do whatever you want. But if you think a thread is pointless...why waste your time posting in it? So you can talk down to people and tell them how pointless you think it is? Sorry but I don't find that helpful.

Like I said, if you don't like the question...you don't have to post. I don't find comments telling me how "pointless this thread is" to be part of a constructive, respectful conversation.

If you want to talk about why you don't share my opinion. That's fine. I'd love to hear it. I'd love to talk about Sam Bradford with you...or Eli...or Roethlisberger. But telling me this is a pointless thread adds nothing to the conversation and begs the question "why are you posting here if you think it is so pointless" because you're certainly not contributing to the thread.

And I mean no offense by any of this. You have the right to post where you want to but having the right doesn't mean you should disrespect a person because you don't agree with them.

As far as Bradford, I disagree. It's not just the two bad games. It's things that I expected to see progression on that he's just not progressing...hell...it seems like he's regressing in certain aspects. And the supporting cast shoulders some of the blame but so does Bradford.

I am worried that his development has stalled and that it won't be able to pick-up here.

I posted b/c my opinion is I think it's a pointless subject. I already gave my reasoning why...it's all b/c of one bad game. I'm not dissecting you, either I just hate, hate, hate the notion and idea behind this topic simply b/c of 1 bad game. And yes, it was 1 bad game.

There wasn't this much Sam talk or "can other QBs do better" talk after Arizona and Atlanta, somewhat Dallas, and it's mostly b/c of SF. He was progressing nicely down the stretch last season and it carried on until SF. That doesn't mean development is "stalled" or w/e, it just means 1 bad game.

Another reason why this is pointless...even if Eli and Ben were here what difference would it make if the defense can't stop an opponent and the line can't protect and RBs continue to stink? It goes beyond just the QB.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Angry Ram, can you really say there are ANY posts on any Rams board that aren't pointless?

After all, we're all just dust in the wind.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LosAngelesRams said:

Now. My question to you is, Do you even think any other teams would take Bradford?

Yes. I do.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
jrry32 said:
LosAngelesRams said:

Yes. I do.

Nice. Who do you think would take him?

The only teams that come to mind are the Raiders, Jags and Titans? but then i counted those out because im sure they would rather take some of the studs coming into the next draft.