Hypothetical Trade: Franchise QB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which trade do you prefer?

• Steelers Trade

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Giants Trade

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Don't Make Either Trade

Votes: 29 90.6%

• Total voters

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LosAngelesRams said:
jrry32 said:
LosAngelesRams said:
I wouldnt make any of those trades, if I had to. Eli.

Now. My question to you is, Do you even think any other teams would take Bradford?

:twisted:

Yes. I do.

Nice. Who do you think would take him?

The only teams that come to mind are the Raiders, Jags and Titans? but then i counted those out because im sure they would rather take some of the studs coming into the next draft.

As I said in another thread, the Vikings make sense to me. IMO, they'll be good enough not to be in position to draft a QB but bad enough that they'll be ready to move on from Ponder/Cassel. Think Bradford makes sense because all they need is a game manager that can limit turnovers and throw to all parts of the field.

Kind of like how the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith.

moklerman

Warner-phile
jerry, maybe you've watched more of Cassel than me but I know you don't like him and I wonder if we're talking about Smith, Bradford, etc. being in the right situation to manage games, why you don't feel Cassel couldn't manage games if put in the right situation?

He's done that with two different teams already so I can't help but feel he could do it again.

Don't you think he's accomplished better season stat's at times than either Bradford or Smith?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
moklerman said:
jerry, maybe you've watched more of Cassel than me but I know you don't like him and I wonder if we're talking about Smith, Bradford, etc. being in the right situation to manage games, why you don't feel Cassel couldn't manage games if put in the right situation?

He's done that with two different teams already so I can't help but feel he could do it again.

Because aside from 1 good year in KC, heavily inflated by playing bad defenses, he was nothing but a hindrance to that team(KC).

And plays like this don't make it much easier to forget how bad he was at KC for good chunks of time:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000234255/Ford-catches-deflected-pass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... ected-pass</a>

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
jrry32 said:
LosAngelesRams said:
jrry32 said:
LosAngelesRams said:
I wouldnt make any of those trades, if I had to. Eli.

Now. My question to you is, Do you even think any other teams would take Bradford?

:twisted:

Yes. I do.

Nice. Who do you think would take him?

The only teams that come to mind are the Raiders, Jags and Titans? but then i counted those out because im sure they would rather take some of the studs coming into the next draft.

As I said in another thread, the Vikings make sense to me. IMO, they'll be good enough not to be in position to draft a QB but bad enough that they'll be ready to move on from Ponder/Cassel. Think Bradford makes sense because all they need is a game manager that can limit turnovers and throw to all parts of the field.

Kind of like how the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith.

Sorry havent been on much, must of missed the other thread. That could actualy work out for the vikings if it went down.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The results appear to be in. 80% say meh.

I hope people don't dig too deep a hole with this whole Bradford has lost it meme. Because when he comes storming back, I'm pulling out the rope ladder and tossing you down a step stool.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:

I hope people don't dig too deep a hole with this whole Bradford has lost it meme. Because when he comes storming back, I'm pulling out the rope ladder and tossing you down a step stool.

I think I've earned the right to be discouraged after having his back for 3 years and defending him from trolls like Old Larry.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
X said:

I think I've earned the right to be discouraged after having his back for 3 years and defending him from trolls like Old Larry.
Did you see me tell you that you have no right to be discouraged?
I only gave you fair warning that it's a hard climb out if you become too entrenched.

That's fair, and it's not a shot at you. I know of what I speak, because I protected Isaac Bruce during his hamstring ailments back in the mid 90's on the AOL boards. And I mean REALLY went to bat for him. There were probably a couple dozen posters who called him a faker, washed up, a baby, flash in the pan, no balls, no guts, no dedication to the team, and on and on and on and on. Well, we know what happened after that. Those posters had no credibility after that, and many left the board out of sheer embarrassment.

You may see some stuff that has completely jaded you, but what do you say if he does a 180 and this team starts playing LIKE a TEAM? Because right now I see 11 guys playing 11 different individual games on offense, and I know that it's not going to stay like that. But, like yours, that is just my opinion.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:

I only gave you fair warning that it's a hard climb out if you become too entrenched.

That's fair, and it's not a shot at you. I know of what I speak, because I protected Isaac Bruce during his hamstring ailments back in the mid 90's on the AOL boards. And I mean REALLY went to bat for him. There were probably a couple dozen posters who called him a faker, washed up, a baby, flash in the pan, no balls, no guts, no dedication to the team, and on and on and on and on. Well, we know what happened after that. Those posters had no credibility after that, and many left the board out of sheer embarrassment.

You may see some stuff that has completely jaded you, but what do you say if he does a 180 and this team starts playing LIKE a TEAM? Because right now I see 11 guys playing 11 different individual games on offense, and I know that it's not going to stay like that. But, like yours, that is just my opinion.

What do I say? "Thank god. This is perfect. Bradford is becoming the guy we need him to be." I'm not Old Larry. I am not attached to my opinion. I'd rather be right in recognizing that I was wrong than be wrong in clinging to the belief that I was right.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:

What do I say? "Thank god. This is perfect. Bradford is becoming the guy we need him to be." I'm not Old Larry. I am not attached to my opinion. I'd rather be right in recognizing that I was wrong than be wrong in clinging to the belief that I was right.
Well, certainly facetiousness isn't the answer. So, no ... I don't want you to lie to me or yourself. Just trying to keep people from jumping with both feet into the deep end because this season hasn't been written yet. So you have your preferences, and I respect that. And as long as we're airing them, I'd rather be behind Bradford through the high times and the lean times. I don't have to make excuses for bad play either. I simply have to acknowledge it and hope he does better. Because in the end, I'd rather be wrong about standing behind him, than right about walking all over him.

Also, this diatribe of mine ... was never about you.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
Well, certainly facetiousness isn't the answer. So, no ... I don't want you to lie to me or yourself. Just trying to keep people from jumping with both feet into the deep end because this season hasn't been written yet. So you have your preferences, and I respect that. And as long as we're airing them, I'd rather be behind Bradford through the high times and the lean times. I don't have to make excuses for bad play either. I simply have to acknowledge it and hope he does better. Because in the end, I'd rather be wrong about standing behind him, than right about walking all over him.

That wasn't sarcastic in the slightest. That was seriously what I'd say if he and the team turn it around.

I love Sam's physical skill-set. Always have. What has changed my tune on him is that I've lost the confidence I had in the belief that he'll continue to develop/progress mentally to become a great QB. I want that back. But until I see him start progressing again. It's not going to come back.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
X said:

That wasn't sarcastic in the slightest. That was seriously what I'd say if he and the team turn it around.

I love Sam's physical skill-set. Always have. What has changed my tune on him is that I've lost the confidence I had in the belief that he'll continue to develop/progress mentally to become a great QB. I want that back. But until I see him start progressing again. It's not going to come back.
Fair enough.

I think his road back is paved with Jaguar carcasses. :ww:

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Letting S Jax go with out a back up plan was a big mistake. I mean Zac Stacy needs a shot.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:

Fair enough.

Seems everybody "gets well" against the Jags, haha. Just curious what you would think if he and the team lay another turd like the last 2.5 games. Not trying to be contentious, just curious. Also, what did u think of Sam's mini outburst (if u can call it one) with the playbook on the sidelines down 7-3? Did you see that as frustration with the OC, himself, his teamates or all of the above?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Faceplant said:
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:

Fair enough.

Seems everybody "gets well" against the Jags, haha. Just curious what you would think if he and the team lay another turd like the last 2.5 games. Not trying to be contentious, just curious. Also, what did u think of Sam's mini outburst (if u can call it one) with the playbook on the sidelines down 7-3? Did you see that as frustration with the OC, himself, his teamates or all of the above?

If there's another bad game, there's another bad game. It means they're still not playing as a team, I suppose. As far as his "outburst" is concerned, I think it was just frustration. Maybe he was pissed at himself, pissed at Pettis, pissed at the protection, all of the above ... I dunno.

Here's what it amounts to for me. I'm done with the sulking for the duration. I built this site because the sulking, whining and bitching was too much for me to want to deal with on other sites. Of course I want them to win, and of course I'm upset when they lose, but I can't invest this much time complaining about it anymore. I can't change shit, and I know everyone on this team is giving their best to get it straightened out. Every week gives me new hope that a win is coming my way, and that's the only way I'm gonna approach it. Doesn't mean I'm sticking my head in the sand or anything, because I'm smart enough to analyse this stuff and assign individual blame on a game-by-game basis if I wanted to (I think I've proven that over the past few years), but I don't wanna spend my time doing that anymore. It brings me no joy.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dog said:
X said:

so....you're saying we should back away from the cliff? :yessir:
Nope. Y'all can do whatever you want.
I'm just going back to my roots

sent via Tapatalk.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
X said:
Faceplant said:
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:

Fair enough.

If there's another bad game, there's another bad game. It means they're still not playing as a team, I suppose. As far as his "outburst" is concerned, I think it was just frustration. Maybe he was pissed at himself, pissed at Pettis, pissed at the protection, all of the above ... I dunno.

Here's what it amounts to for me. I'm done with the sulking for the duration. I built this site because the sulking, whining and bitching was too much for me to want to deal with on other sites. Of course I want them to win, and of course I'm upset when they lose, but I can't invest this much time complaining about it anymore. I can't change shyte, and I know everyone on this team is giving their best to get it straightened out. Every week gives me new hope that a win is coming my way, and that's the only way I'm gonna approach it. Doesn't mean I'm sticking my head in the sand or anything, because I'm smart enough to analyse this stuff and assign individual blame on a game-by-game basis if I wanted to (I think I've proven that over the past few years), but I don't wanna spend my time doing that anymore. It brings me no joy.

X said:
Dog said:
X said:

so....you're saying we should back away from the cliff? :yessir:

sent via Tapatalk.
This!

…..

Legend
Rabid Ram said:

You quoted all that text just to say "This!" ???

:bn:

X said:

So.....We can jump off the cliff if we want but you're taking your lifeline and going home? Got it. :cool:

Easy fellas...I'm trying to be light hearted. :bg:

Scary times though, when some folks I've known for years start saying things completely unexpected, out of character, or totally different from ...oh say....3 months ago.

Kudos to the man who isnt afraid to say "Hey, you know what, maybe i was wrong"

Kudos as well to the man who stands up and says "I refuse to let this define me in a way that conflicts with my dudeism"

And most of all, Kudos to the folks that have not stepped off the cliff.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Well X, hope my questions didn't spur the second half of that response. I value your input more than anyone on here (brown nosing aside) and was curious what you would honestly think after a loss to Jax. I know the mood around here is dark... far darker than I have seen on this board, so I understand the frustration. I am not one who has jumped ship or thrown any players or coaches off the cliff, although if BS was standing on the edge of one, hmmmm. :-? I guess I just can't bring myself to rah rah too hard for the effort I have seen either. I look for positives in any game. I watch them multiple times. If I saw more positives, I would be more optimistic. Like you have said many times, it comes down to execution. The best scheme in the world is useless if the players don't do their job. Heres hoping our players realize that and man the F up and do their damn jobs. If they do that, I have no doubt we beat the Jags. If they continue to play like 11 individual teams on O, they will be in a world of chicken poop. It is on these coaches to make this team cohesive.