Hypothetical: Rams Roll with Keenum/Mannion in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
That was not the question, but understand your level of insanity, however, common sense needs to prevail here and Case Keenum is not the solution, but currently does give this team the best chance to win, in order to go to the next level and bonafide field general needs to be added and you know it, I know it and the American people know it.
i agree but don't know how many good options we have next year

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Possibility... We can use Keenum, and develop Mannion and build from there. 2016 or bust....

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fact is our offense was designed to run the ball around our stud RB core. That won't change no matter who the QB is. But man, our WO's are not getting the job done. When I say WO's, this excludes Marquez and Austin. They've done much of their damage from the inside.

Random bullet points

I have no idea what's going on with Quick.

Britt's hands have been so mind numbing inconsistent.

Treadwell and somebody else would do us a lot of good.

The C position could be a great upgrade with one of those second round picks.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
i agree but don't know how many good options we have next year

Release Foles and Keenum sign Chase Daniels as a free agent and draft QB hopefully Goff, but even Carson Wentz and then next year hope Daniels is like Tyrod Taylor or go with Mannion or the draft pick.

Daniles is far more elusive than Keenum and has a better arm. Add if the Rams stay in St. Louis and you start to rebuild your fan base with a Missouri guy.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Release Foles and Keenum sign Chase Daniels as a free agent and draft QB hopefully Goff, but even Carson Wentz and then next year hope Daniels is like Tyrod Taylor or go with Mannion or the draft pick.

Daniles is far more elusive than Keenum and has a better arm. Add if the Rams stay in St. Louis and you start to rebuild your fan base with a Missouri guy.
fuck it why not. nothing to lose. but give him a little better protection

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
If they went offensive line and WR it wouldn't be a total loss. Getting a guy like Stanley or Tunsil would be fine. I'd still throw a shit fit if a QB was there like Goff and they passes on him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
freak it why not. nothing to lose. but give him a little better protection

Sign LT Cordy Glenn as a free agent play him at LT, move Greg Robinson inside to LG and draft Max Turek out of USC to play Center and this plan with Chase Daniels at QB is courtesy of our own @BonifayRam !

MountainRam

Rookie
Stay away from Andy Reid coached QBs. They are mirage. All of them. Every one of them outside his system.

jjab360

Legend
lol @ this fan base.

2015:

Fans: "I swear to GOD if Fisher doesn't draft ALL offensive lineman, get rid of Bradford, draft a QB, fire Schotty, and fix this crappy run game, he should be murdered."
Fisher: "Okay, I did all that."
Fans: "What the freak did you do THAT for?????"
And that's exactly why you don't listen to fans lol.

RamsFan14

Starter
Depends on what they do with the OC. If we keep the same system, I think we should keep Foles and do what we can to improve the OL and playmakers. We need to open more holes for our RBs and protect the QB. Finding a new TE that can consistently catch the football would be nice, maybe signing someone like an Alshon Jeffrey could be very beneficial to this offense. If we get a new OC and have to learn a new system... Heck idk what to do, find a QB they like, idk. Just does not make sense to go find another QB when they are probably going to be running for there life behind our OL.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
lol @ this fan base.

2015:

Fans: "I swear to GOD if Fisher doesn't draft ALL offensive lineman, get rid of Bradford, draft a QB, fire Schotty, and fix this crappy run game, he should be murdered."

Our fan base is the best
I don't care what anyone says
We know how to win and we have enough experience losing

I wish I could have been at the game supporting our team
I looked at all those fans in the stadium today in #30, #29, and #11 jerseys and I know I'm part of greatness and a deep tradition of winning

GO RAMS!!!!!

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Personally, I'm in the RG3/Kaep/another mobile QB boat if they choose not to draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd. I know they arent great passers, but IMO with their running ability they offer more than Keenum or Mannion, especially with the offense the Rams are hoping to be

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Only way I look at Keenum as a POSSIBLE 2016 starter is if he goes into Seattle and leads the team to a victory with a solid game. I'm talking 250 yards and 2 TDs type game. I think his arm strength is pretty decent when he steps into his throws. His mobility is positive as well. Outside of the INT at the end of the 1st half, I thought he managed the game well. That includes making checks at the line to get them into favorable running plays.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'd be ok with this scenario for a couple of reasons.

This team is not built to be GSOT if you want that you are going to be disappointed. They don't have the coaching staff or the personnel to pull it off, it isn't happening. This team is built to have a guy control the game, make good exchanges, quick throws and occasionally go deep. Even if Kronle wanted to do something else, it will take another rebuild with a different staff and another 35 year commitment. No thanks this team is close and would be closer with a big young WR added to the mix with another stud to groom as our next C.

There is no franchise QB worth more than a first round pick in the up coming draft. The class is limited and barely has any talent worth that. No way I would give away 2 picks and fuck no to giving away the next two 1st round picks for any of them.

Stay the course, get healthy, rework contracts, resign the defensive talent, get a 1st round talent at WR, supplement the Oline and fill the holes on defense that were not resigned. Maybe a stud MLB that fall to us with the first 2nd round pick.

Give Mannion a chance to get some time and see if he can be the answer moving forward after 2016

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Here's our O dilemma.

We need to upgrade 3 positions.

QB
WR
TE

The QB need for an upgrade is dire. At least barring a highly unlikely Mannion miracle.

The good news is that we will probably have a fairly high set of picks in each round and 4 of them will be made by the end of Day Two.

So we have the draft assets needed.

But the bad news is that Fisher and his staff have not done well with early picks on O at the skill positions. In fact, I think it's fair to say that Fisher's 21 year resume would indicate as much.

Yeah, I know Tavon is looking good in his 3rd year. But he's not a #1 type WR. Gurley is the exception, but then again, he's not a QB, WR, or TE, either.

Sooooo...

How confident can we really be that Fisher can pick those 3 positions wisely AND then quickly develop them into quality NFL starters?

Best that we pray for a fresh start at HC and throughout our O coaching staff, I think.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What do I do? The Jaguars seem like they'll be a fun team to follow next year...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lol @ this fan base.

2015:

Let's not go there. That's like saying, "But Jaguars fans, how can you be mad? You demanded a QB of the future so I drafted Blaine Gabbert."

Luckily for the Jags, they dug themselves out of that hole finally.

RamWoodie

Legend
My bottom line thinking is you don't know what Mannion can do...and the Rams need to find out. I'm not saying what Mannion is, but before the season is over they need to have an idea.

We know Foles and Keenum aren't the answer...and I'm still trying to see what made Fisher want to extend Foles' contract...that's really a head scratcher.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I know we've been harping on the QB's all year and the FA class for QB's isn't much, as usual. Fact of the matter is if we do draft a rookie QB, he's gonna take time to develope. Defenses will continue to stack the box and so on. We have Mannion waiting in the wings and who is to say he won't be as good as a guy like Connor Cook?

Rams will likely be in a position to draft a guy like Treadwell and another mid/high round WR to bolster the passing game. Or they could go another direction and draft Tunsil or Stanley and move Robinson inside or to the bench. We void both options if we go QB in round one.

Mainly all I'm doing is laying out some food for thought going forward. If Keenum can manage the game like he did today then I'm all for giving him the nod next year and getting him some weapons. Mannion will be ready in time, hopefully.

Just gonna have to see how these next few games go. Hopefully Boras and the offense found something to latch on to today that sticks with this team all the way to 2016. Plus just generally really like Treadwell.

What you got, fellas? First impulse. :)

If you told me the trade off would be the best o-line in the NFL and a star WR, I'm in. Otherwise, hell no.