How warm is Jeff Fisher's seat?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How safe is Jeff Fisher?

• Very safe. Franchise coach.

Votes: 79 37.8%
  • Safe. Likely for the rest of his contract.

Votes: 114 54.5%
  • Warm. If 7 or less wins needs to make coaching changes.

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Hot. If 7 or less wins could be fired.

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
The Cowboys coach has a similar record just off the top of my head

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Sign him up for a lifetime contract
From where we were 3 years ago to where are now is unbelievable.

We now have class
We now have depth
We now have respect

It's great to be a Ram fan

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fisher's not going anywhere. This is the guy Kroenke wanted, the guy Kroenke courted, and the guy Kroenke got. This wasn't a Devaney or Shaw hire. Only way he leaves is if Kroenke says so or if he retires. And the only way (IMO) Kroenke steps in is if the team shows signs of regressing without mitigating circumstances. And that won't happen either. He's got a 5-year contract; but for all intents and purposes, it's open-ended.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
well fisher definitely commands the respect of his player's,something Martz Li.ehan and Spags only wished they had

Martz included in with Linehan and Spags? Really? Don't remember Martz having too many problems with his players, just the front office and fellow coaches.

I just think if you take away Chris Long, Robert Quinn and James Laurinaitis this team is probably competing for the number 1 overall pick. You probably can't say that for any 3 Fisher guys. I think Jeff's done an excellent job of getting us to the point where were mediocre which another 7-9 season would confirm. I'd just question his ability to get us over that hump.

For me 7-9 would confirm my current thoughts on Fisher, he's a 17 in blackjack, you're going to win some hands with him, you could easily twist and go bust, but if you don't twist then you're stuck in no man's land.

9-7 on the other hand and I'd be more inclined to view him as a 19.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I feel like we have amassed a lot of talent and put ourselves in a position to be good for a long time. That being said in my opinion we are still a pretty vulnerable team and it is not our time quite yet. I think he will need another year beyond this season to get us over the hump. I believe we are a 7 to 9 win team with an outside shot at 10. That win total doesn't bug me if we see growth in some of the areas we have addressed in the draft. Whether it is our philosophy or not I think we may be a bit more aggressive in FA next year. I voted the second one down

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
"stlramscar, post: 383800, member: 1601"]well fisher definitely commands the respect of his player's,something Martz Li.ehan and Spags only wished they had,and he and Snead have turned around the league's doormat into a competitive fisty bunch. But inthe end it still comes down to wins and losses.
I believe Martz had the respect of his early players, but those weak willed softies he drafted starting in 2002 I don't think were accustomed to his harsh coaching style.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I just think if you take away Chris Long, Robert Quinn and James Laurinaitis this team is probably competing for the number 1 overall pick. You probably can't say that for any 3 Fisher guys.
Well consider those three are now veterans and had time to develop. I would put Brockers, Olgletree, Quick, Bailey, Robinson, Austin, McDonald, Stacey in the group you just mentioned just to name a few. And you might even be able to put in Donald, Joyner, Gains, and Alexander.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
My prediction is that the rest of the division takes a step back over the next two seasons and the Rams emerge as the team to beat, only missing a few pieces now. All along I thought this year was 8-8 with a tough schedule. That puts Fischer in a great position to renew his contract as the Rams team and record improve in our division by 2015. Palmer may retire in AZ forcing a QB reset, Wilson will get a new contract forcing salary cap issues in Seattle and SF implodes both internally and under the weight of Kaperdink's new contract.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He isn't going anywhere. Plus if you are going to replace him who is going to take his spot?

Memphis Ram

Legend
I was referring to the 2nd pick overall. Buffalo offered to trade with the Rams at #2. I would have jumped all over that knowing that Bradford was a huge risk. By having that extra first next year, the Rams would be better able to get the QB that they want and they wouldn't have to sacrifice the future to get him.

Did Buffalo actually make that offer to the Rams? I know one would assume that since they made that offer to the Browns that the Rams might have gotten the same offer, but do we really know? It could be that they got desperate and upped their offer to the Browns while they were on the clock.

iced

outside of a Spagnuolo or Scott Linehan type of Meltdown, I don't think he's in any trouble at all

AZRamsFan93

Sign him up for a lifetime contract
From where we were 3 years ago to where are now is unbelievable.

We now have class
We now have depth
We now have respect

It's great to be a Ram fan
This is not a comment on Fisher, but I think it will be great to be a Rams fan when we start winning on a regular basis. I will say that it is better than it was, but "great" is a bridge too far.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
When Fisher got here we were probably about 17 or 18 starters short of fielding a competitive team.
~ fast forward two years and three offseasons...
I'd say that today we're probably a few short of fielding a playoff team.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
When Fisher got here we were probably about 17 or 18 starters short of fielding a competitive team.
~ fast forward two years and three offseasons...
I'd say that today we're probably a few short of fielding a playoff team.

And I'll take that one step further. .... I believe we are a playoff team now..... with young players already on this team developing and Bradford or starting QB healthy.....we are a super bowl contender next year......GO RAMS....... ;)

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Some people need to have some realistic standards for Fisher. He took over a 2-14 team that was void of talent in several positions and had been plagued with, not with mediocrity, but losing seasons. He instantly took us back to relevance with much the same team that Spags failed with. The following year, we are a borderline playoff team that loses our QB halfway through the season and plays in one of the toughest divisions in football history, yet we still finish 7-9.

You examine his track record and say his 0.532 win ratio isn't sufficient? Then what was Dick Vermeil's 0.524? What was Bill Belichick's 0.450 when he took over for New England?

Over the past couple years, Fisher has brought in more young talent through the draft than the past decade combined but he has no business in the draft room or front office?

He is responsible for the loss of Bradford because he played him too soon? Would you have sat Bradford through preseason and hoped he would just come into the offense clicking? Would you have sat him a portion of the season and had Hill play anyway? He made the right gamble whether it worked out or not. He brought in Hill for security and he gives us a viable chance to succeed.

He is too loyal to his players? Well sometimes I wish we were loyal to Kurt Warner.

He has the experience and demands respect. Just remember, we chose him but he also chose us. He could be with the Dolphins right now and we could be stuck with Joe Philbin or Greg Schiano. I'm thankful for the coach we have and I'm supporting him the whole way.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm with Fisher until he retires. I don't think that's the popular perception, though. Without Bradford going down, this team was a legit contender. IDK if we still are with Hill, but we are a running team first.

I think with Hill growing more comfortable all the time, he can surprise you. QB and added talent in the OL needs to be the focus.

In FA, we gotta retain what we have.