How many rushing yards will Peterson get Sunday?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why say something so stupid?!

Forget for a second that the Rams have the most physically imposing and dominating D Line in the league; a d line so full of talent that the fricken SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR wasn't good enough to make the team that PRACTICES with the team that drafted him. But you have now angered a defensive unit made up of a son of a founding member of the most dominant tag team in professional wrestling history (WHAT A RUSH),a second year thoroughbred who is quite possibly the best player on the defense in Ogletree, 2 certified ass kickers in McDonald and Joyner, and, oh, i forgot, they are led by a man who is now notorious for working his team into such a frenzy before game time that they would literally step onto the field with the intent to permanently maim and injure the opposing star players. Yes, Adrian, this is the Pandora's box you have opened.

Enjoy that one, AP.

He actually gave the Rams respect in his comments when he said it...to be fair to him.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sticking g with what I said last night.
80 yds. 0 tds.

Rudolph is the other guy to worry about. Norv Turner loves to throw to his TE's.

Not worried about Rudolph at all JL is one the best covering linebackers in the league he just doesn't get any recognition. He didn't give up a td all year. The Peterson and Cordarrele are who we have to contain

RamzFanz

Damnit
Not worried about Rudolph at all JL is one the best covering linebackers in the league he just doesn't get any recognition. He didn't give up a td all year. The Peterson and Cordarrele are who we have to contain

Why all the respect for Mr. 469 yards and 4 TDs Patterson? He's just not scary. His kick return yards may be ZERO if Greg the Leg has anything to say about it. Patterson? Please.

Here's some fun facts:

The vikings were 31st in D last season.

They were the worst at giving up points at 30 per game. THIRTY!

Their O had a ton of yards but only because their TO differential was -15! NEGATIVE FIFTEEN! The Rams were +8!

In the last two seasons Cassel has thrown 17 TDs to 21 INTS!

They LOST to the BROWNS!

Peterson had 4.5 YPC last season. Cunningham had 5.6!

I'm just salivating to see the Vikings with Mr. Interception try to stop this pass rush with Greg Williams at the reigns and Donald on the line!

Last edited:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
While I don't expect the Rams to totally shut down Peterson this Sunday I am hoping they at least slow him down. If they can somewhat contain him and keep him to around 100 yards I think the Rams will have an outstanding chance to win the game. But, if he has a good day and limits the number of passes Matt Cassel has to throw then it is probably going to be a long day for the Rams. I think the Rams Defense will be up to the challenge and will hold Peterson to about 90 yards forcing Cassel to throw the ball more than the Vikings want him to which will lead to several Rams sacks and more importantly a Rams win!
HaHa Pace suprised you didn't direct that question " @ Coach O...."

WOwolfOL

UDFA
You guys do realize he was kind of joking with that comment, that stemmed from a question about his first run TD last year. He doesn't ACTUALLY think he will score a TD on his first run.

WOwolfOL

UDFA
Why all the respect for Mr. 469 yards and 4 TDs Patterson? He's just not scary. His kick return yaplayebe ZERO if Greg the Leg has anything to say about it. Patterson? Please.

Here's some fun facts:

The vikings were 31st in D last season.

They were the worst at giving up points at 30 per game. THIRTY!

Their O had a ton of yards but only because their TO differential was -15! NEGATIVE FIFTEEN! The Rams were +8!

In the last two seasons Cassel has thrown 17 TDs to 21 INTS!

They LOST to the BROWNS!

Peterson had 4.5 YPC last season. Cunningham had 5.6!

I'm just salivating to see the Vikings with Mr. Interception try to stop this pass rush with Greg Williams at the reigns and Donald on the line!
This a completely different team then the last couple years. Scheme is completely different on both sides of the ball. I sincerely hope that the Rams players are preparing for last years team. If so they will be in for a rude awakening

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
This a completely different team then the last couple years. Scheme is completely different on both sides of the ball. I sincerely hope that the Rams players are preparing for last years team. If so they will be in for a rude awakening
I sincerely hope you made a typo. If not Gloomy alert!

beej

Rookie
Well it's about a hundred yards from the bench back to the bus, so...is that the kind of rushing yards we're talking?

RamzFanz

Damnit

Yes, the Vikings are rebuilding with an older and declining RB. We know what to expect, that's where we were 2 season ago.

I'll just lay it out there:

Matt is an interception machine and the Rams are the best strip sackers in the league. The may go for the single game record for TOs Sunday.

AP is a threat, but the Rams are greatly improved run stoppers. They held Lynch to 23 yards and no TDs in the dome last season. He's not as scary as you may think. Contrast that against a RB who almost had the same yards per game after he became a starter and the same TDs per game going against the 31st defense last season. Now THAT'S scary,

Patterson won't be returning kicks. Greg the Leg will be kicking into the stands. Even if he did foolishly try to return one, the Rams have a top special teams. So, as a wide receiver who had 469 yards and 4 TDs, he's just not scary against the best pass rush in the NFL.

What else? Jennings? 804 yards and 4 TDs? Not scary. We know that since the Vikings gave away 30 points a game, the worst in the league, those are trash time yards.

And here's the most important point: Rams play in the NFCW and accomplished what they did against top teams. They beat Brees. They blew out playoff teams. They won more games than the Vikings with a barely serviceable QB and rookies.

In all honesty. I think Vikings fans are in for a real shocker. Kind of like what Seattle did to them. When Seattle came to the dome they were held to 14 points and won by less than a TD. Vikings were stomped by them a few weeks later 41-20.

So that's what I'm going with. 41-20 Rams.

Last edited:

WOwolfOL

UDFA
Yes, the Vikings are rebuilding with an older and declining RB. We know what to expect, that's where we were 2 season ago.

I'll just lay it out there:

Matt is an interception machine and the Rams are the best strip sackers in the league. The may go for the single game record for TOs Sunday.

AP is a threat, but the Rams are greatly improved run stoppers. They held Lynch to 23 yards and no TDs in the dome last season. He's not as scary as you may think. Contrast that against a RB who almost had the same yards per game after he became a starter and the same TDs per game going against the 31st defense last season. Now THAT'S scary,

Patterson won't be returning kicks. Greg the Leg will be kicking into the stands. Even if he did foolishly try to return one, the Rams have a top special teams. So, as a wide receiver who had 469 yards and 4 TDs, he's just not scary against the best pass rush in the NFL.

What else? Jennings? 804 yards and 4 TDs? Not scary. We know that since the Vikings gave away 30 points a game, the worst in the league, those are trash time yards.

And here's the most important point: Rams play in the NFCW and accomplished what they did against top teams. They beat Brees. They blew out playoff teams. They won more games than the Vikings with a barely serviceable QB and rookies.

In all honesty. I think Vikings fans are in for a real shocker. Kind of like what Seattle did to them. When Seattle came to the dome they were held to 14 points and won by less than a TD. Vikings were stomped by them a few weeks later 41-20.

So that's what I'm going with. 41-20 Rams.
I'll say it again, if the rams players are taking this Vikings team as lightly as a lot of you fans are they will be in for a surprise. If you really think Patterson is only going to put up the numbers he did last year in a criminally bad offensive scheme, where he wasn't even getting thrown to consistently until the end of the year, you'll be in for a surprise. If you think you are playing the same crappy cover-2 predictable "bend don't break" BS, you'll be in for a surprise. Every fan is a homer for their team so I'm not entirely surprised this is your feelings and I'm not even saying that the Vikings are definitely going to win (like many of my Viking brethren). I am merely saying that this will be a close game and both teams fans are going to be a little surprised at what they see.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You guys do realize he was kind of joking with that comment, that stemmed from a question about his first run TD last year. He doesn't ACTUALLY think he will score a TD on his first run.

Still good locker room material!

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'll say it again, if the rams players are taking this Vikings team as lightly as a lot of you fans are they will be in for a surprise. If you really think Patterson is only going to put up the numbers he did last year in a criminally bad offensive scheme, where he wasn't even getting thrown to consistently until the end of the year, you'll be in for a surprise. If you think you are playing the same crappy cover-2 predictable "bend don't break" BS, you'll be in for a surprise. Every fan is a homer for their team so I'm not entirely surprised this is your feelings and I'm not even saying that the Vikings are definitely going to win (like many of my Viking brethren). I am merely saying that this will be a close game and both teams fans are going to be a little surprised at what they see.

The difference between you and me is I'm presenting what the Rams do and you're hanging your hat on what you hope the Vikings will and won't do.

What the Rams do is disrupt passing games and strip sack QBs. They make coaches scream at their OCs that they agreed they wouldn't let Quinn destroy their game plan. It's really pretty impressive.

They also stop the run. 9th best last season and now they have a top DC. The difference is that the rams DC is inheriting a killer defense with even more new toys. You can't say the same for the Vikings. Your coaching is inheriting one of the worst.

The rams and Vikings both rush well. AP is the best in the game. The rams have a stable of good running backs. Which team is more capable of stopping the run? The rams. Until proven otherwise, that's the answer.

Do the Vikings have the tools to stop Quick, Britt, Austin, and Cook? I don't think so.

Are the Vikings capable of getting to Hill against this O line? I don't think do.

You can dream all you want, but the facts are against you.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
While I don't expect the Rams to totally shut down Peterson this Sunday I am hoping they at least slow him down. If they can somewhat contain him and keep him to around 100 yards I think the Rams will have an outstanding chance to win the game. But, if he has a good day and limits the number of passes Matt Cassel has to throw then it is probably going to be a long day for the Rams. I think the Rams Defense will be up to the challenge and will hold Peterson to about 90 yards forcing Cassel to throw the ball more than the Vikings want him to which will lead to several Rams sacks and more importantly a Rams win!
its gonna be important for the secondary to play solid cus the LBs gotta stay in the box. im sure Williams has some packages up his sleeve.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think the Rams can slow AP down.....maybe less than 100 yards.
If you go back and look at the last time these two teams played, AP had 24 rushes for 212 yards.
Sounds bad if that's as far as you go. HOWEVER, if you look at each play you find that if you take out two long runs (one for 82 yards and one for 52 yards totaling 134 yards) then AP has 22 rushes for 78 yards. Or 3.5 yards per carry. Not too bad. And our defense (and offense for that matter) is MUCH better now than it was then.

The moral of that story is...........stay in your lanes and don't let AP break long runs.
Problem is that is not the easiest thing to do. :whistle:

Well, seeing as Craig Dahl isn't playing Matador as the 8th man in the box, I would HOPE we can stop those long runs. But... I dunno. Greg Williams is a risk taker. A good run call on a blitz can open things up real wide for a guy like AP. THAT's what has me worried. Not that we can't contain him if we stay home, but what happens if we get blitz happy...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm going to go for 69 yards and 1 TD, his longest run will be a 24 harder which bumps up the numbers

F. Mulder

Starter
I hate to sound repetitive but to me the keys to stopping AP are gap control and the first Defensive Contact being a Tackle (or at least a major slow-down) vs a flat-out whiff (which I've seen way too many of from the LB and DBs). AP is like all great backs, he makes the first defender miss or at worst makes a positive out of a negative. Wrap up and hold your lanes!!