How many rushing yards will Peterson get Sunday?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think it's a bit presumptuous to use the plural 'yards' - he might get one though.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Yeah, but the fact is you can't take those big runs away, so the stats still suck.

Also, AP's game is breaking long, long runs at the worst possible times. Some guys score touch downs (Tolbert), some guys break tackles and turn 4 yard gains in to 10 yard gains (Lynch), some guys kill you running the ball on one play only to kill you catching the ball on the next (McCoy), and some guys break big runs off. AP is that guy. McDonald and McLeod aren't exactly the most responsible "safety valves" on the back end, and if AP catches Williams and co. in a strong side backer blitz or a nickle blitz, he can really, really hurt them.

But at least that bum Craig Dahl isn't playing safety for us anymore. So we've got that going for us...which is nice

Yes the stats still suck.
However, if the Rams had stayed disciplined and in their lanes those two long runs may well have not occurred.
To be sure, just like the last time we played them, if they catch us in the wrong call - we can be seriously burned.
Just like a lot of teams could burn us in a bad call (SS CB Blitz etc.) but we need to stay disciplined.

So, my point is...........the Rams D need to stay in their lanes - stay disciplined.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Contain AP and make Cassel's try to beat us with his arm, and we have 'um wright were we want 'um!! Turner will try to use Cassel's arm to get Corderell Paterson the ball, but I think between Ogletree and McDonald we'll have him covered!:D GO RAMS!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hold the SOB to under 50....stack the box, gap integrity, force Cassell to throw...let's go G Williams this is why you get paid the big bucks....I'll be watching YOU Jo Lonn & JL55...

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_2e12a954-d2cb-5d0c-9a0b-26ce8a5733bb.html

That's a funny read how we were talking sh!t and got AP hot.....I did think we were doing great until that one play...I thought it was so stupid to have the DT dropping into coverage....

Last edited:

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Seeing how he's been held out of all the preseason games this year, the optimist in me says AP spends Week 1 trying to shake the rust off -- on his way to a 68-yard day.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
We had him stopped in 2012. Then Blake Williams called the blitz with the Spider drop by Langford and it blew the whole works. That was based on a tendency that Williams thought they would pass in that situation. Be got burned and Fish took over defense to large degree after that. Don;'t expect same mistake twice.

85 yards.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
-10 before they totally abandon the run being down four TDs.

Athos

Legend

But he gives 90 of them back when Ogletree runs him down and pops the ball out, while Gaines takes it to the HOUSE! :sneaky:

So really, -10 yards.

Demand n 1

" Let the cool water take me under"
Name
doc
Adrian P and the big 3-0. AP accrued 831 less yds (that's a Zac Stacy year) and averaged 1.5 per carry less in 2013 V. 2012. Granted 2012 was a monster coming after knee repair. Add in that a whopping 92% of his yards came on 1st or 2nd down with no offense motion makes me think that his soon to be 30th BD might be showing on his body. Why couldn't we get him in week 8? Did I mention he had 0 TDs in December? Did I mention I might be wishing in one hand and crapping in the other?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
STACK THE BOX. I don't care if Cassel throws for 400 yards and 5 tds if we do. Well done to him if he can do it.

tragic891

UDFA
STACK THE BOX. I don't care if Cassel throws for 400 yards and 5 tds if we do. Well done to him if he can do it.

If cassel throws for 400 yards and 5 tds the rams deserve to lose that game....
But IMO even if AP runs for 150 yards the Rams should be able to win this game....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Peterson claims he'll go for a TD on his first carry.

A55VA6

Legend
Peterson claims he'll go for a TD on his first carry.
Yep. And the Rams defense knows about it, as the D-line is posting this on Instagram:

10683922_647421095355348_1719757962_n.jpg

Irish

Starter
Yep. And the Rams defense knows about it, as the D-line is posting this on Instagram:

10683922_647421095355348_1719757962_n.jpg

Why say something so stupid?!

Forget for a second that the Rams have the most physically imposing and dominating D Line in the league; a d line so full of talent that the fricken SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR wasn't good enough to make the team that PRACTICES with the team that drafted him. But you have now angered a defensive unit made up of a son of a founding member of the most dominant tag team in professional wrestling history (WHAT A RUSH),a second year thoroughbred who is quite possibly the best player on the defense in Ogletree, 2 certified ass kickers in McDonald and Joyner, and, oh, i forgot, they are led by a man who is now notorious for working his team into such a frenzy before game time that they would literally step onto the field with the intent to permanently maim and injure the opposing star players. Yes, Adrian, this is the Pandora's box you have opened.

Enjoy that one, AP.