How many rushing yards will Peterson get Sunday?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
While I don't expect the Rams to totally shut down Peterson this Sunday I am hoping they at least slow him down. If they can somewhat contain him and keep him to around 100 yards I think the Rams will have an outstanding chance to win the game. But, if he has a good day and limits the number of passes Matt Cassel has to throw then it is probably going to be a long day for the Rams. I think the Rams Defense will be up to the challenge and will hold Peterson to about 90 yards forcing Cassel to throw the ball more than the Vikings want him to which will lead to several Rams sacks and more importantly a Rams win!

Big Game

Living The Dream
I think he gets about 105 yards, 40 of which comes on a busted coverage. After that Rams keep him contained as much as they can and force Matt to beat them with his arm.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Tough to say. We haven't seen J.Lau and Brockers play barely at all this year, and Donald seems to be having a little trouble controlling his gap. Now, if they only have Donald in on passing downs, then I say Peterson gets somewhere right around the century mark. We can hold him under that if our LBs are playing fast (particularly Dunbar and J.Lau.)

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I hope our beloved Rams strike quickly. If they can go up by 14 or so by the half, it really puts the ball into Matt Cassel's hands and takes the ball out of Adrian Peterson's.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You can't shut him down completely... you just hope to contain him as much as possible and do your best not to allow him to break off a big one.

Having Williams calling the defense gives me much more comfort.

PhxRam

Tough to say. We haven't seen J.Lau and Brockers play barely at all this year, and Donald seems to be having a little trouble controlling his gap. Now, if they only have Donald in on passing downs, then I say Peterson gets somewhere right around the century mark. We can hold him under that if our LBs are playing fast (particularly Dunbar and J.Lau.)

Did Donald play much in his natural position?
It seemed like the vast majority of the time he was playing Brockers role.

F. Mulder

Starter
For me the more important thing is number of carries. If he is up to the high 20s we are in trouble. Get an early lead and see if you can build on it and you neutralize AP.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Peterson will be contained. 18 rushes for 64 yards.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
89 Yards and one TD...Because Gentlemen I root for the St. Louis Rams and I believe they will control AP, in fact, Zac Stacy will rush for more yards than Peterson....That's right I posted it, somebody has to!

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I think the Rams can slow AP down.....maybe less than 100 yards.
If you go back and look at the last time these two teams played, AP had 24 rushes for 212 yards.
Sounds bad if that's as far as you go. HOWEVER, if you look at each play you find that if you take out two long runs (one for 82 yards and one for 52 yards totaling 134 yards) then AP has 22 rushes for 78 yards. Or 3.5 yards per carry. Not too bad. And our defense (and offense for that matter) is MUCH better now than it was then.

The moral of that story is...........stay in your lanes and don't let AP break long runs.
Problem is that is not the easiest thing to do. :whistle:

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm sticking g with what I said last night.
80 yds. 0 tds.

Rudolph is the other guy to worry about. Norv Turner loves to throw to his TE's.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Did Donald play much in his natural position?
It seemed like the vast majority of the time he was playing Brockers role.

Really? I seem to remember him playing most of his time at Left DT. Now I don't know if he was lining up as a 3-tech or not because I didn't pay that much attention.

Irish

Starter
I think the Rams can slow AP down.....maybe less than 100 yards.
If you go back and look at the last time these two teams played, AP had 24 rushes for 212 yards.
Sounds bad if that's as far as you go. HOWEVER, if you look at each play you find that if you take out two long runs (one for 82 yards and one for 52 yards totaling 134 yards) then AP has 22 rushes for 78 yards. Or 3.5 yards per carry. Not too bad. And our defense (and offense for that matter) is MUCH better now than it was then.

The moral of that story is...........stay in your lanes and don't let AP break long runs.
Problem is that is not the easiest thing to do. :whistle:

Yeah, but the fact is you can't take those big runs away, so the stats still suck.

Also, AP's game is breaking long, long runs at the worst possible times. Some guys score touch downs (Tolbert), some guys break tackles and turn 4 yard gains in to 10 yard gains (Lynch), some guys kill you running the ball on one play only to kill you catching the ball on the next (McCoy), and some guys break big runs off. AP is that guy. McDonald and McLeod aren't exactly the most responsible "safety valves" on the back end, and if AP catches Williams and co. in a strong side backer blitz or a nickle blitz, he can really, really hurt them.

But at least that bum Craig Dahl isn't playing safety for us anymore. So we've got that going for us...which is nice

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
For me the more important thing is number of carries. If he is up to the high 20s we are in trouble. Get an early lead and see if you can build on it and you neutralize AP.

I agree, and to me Patterson is a bigger worry than Peterson because of the big plays in the rush, return and passing game he can produce.

He's the guy you want to keep a lid on IMO.