Hochman: Selfish Janoris Jenkins tweets after loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Jenkins is an idiot nothing new there. He has played decent but not great this year, that is better than other years.

I don't understand how knowledgeable fans can be ok with this kind of behavior, it hurts the locker room and can become a problem with team unity. If you don't think that is important you probably have never been in a locker room that had that problem.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
image.jpeg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
When we drafted him - there were people coming out from every corner proclaiming that he would be suspended in no time - that it was a waste of a pick, blah blah blah

If social media posts that make the fan base squirm are as bad as the off the field stuff gets with him, sign me up a full team of guys like him.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
This is one of those deals that will take no big deal and make it into something.

This is the least of our worries. If everyone played the way he is we'd be 8-0.

TexasRam

Legend
A little immature but nothing divisive to his team.

Let's keep it in perspective. He had a tough job to do and got it done vs a rising wr.

He took pride in the day he turned in and tweeted about it.

I love me some Janoris!!

He just needs to remember to be humble and let your play on the field speak for you.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Win: then you can talk all you want.
Lose: shut up.

Even the term "tweet" pisses me off today. :mad:

…..

Legend
wow......they made an entire article about this....then published it?

I see nothing selfish here.

#perception

Last edited:

MountainRam

Rookie
If Jenkins was under contract for the next 3 years, this wouldn't bother me. It kind of tells me that he's out for himself and at the end of the year he is probably going to chase the money without much consideration for this organization. Just my opinion.

Why should he think about an organization instead of himself?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If Jenkins was under contract for the next 3 years, this wouldn't bother me. It kind of tells me that he's out for himself and at the end of the year he is probably going to chase the money without much consideration for this organization. Just my opinion.
I agree. I do not think JJ will be back next year with the Rams.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I agree. I do not think JJ will be back next year with the Rams.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Jenkins is an idiot nothing new there. He has played decent but not great this year, that is better than other years.

I don't understand how knowledgeable fans can be ok with this kind of behavior, it hurts the locker room and can become a problem with team unity. If you don't think that is important you probably have never been in a locker room that had that problem.
He is a top 10 corner. That isnt "decent" cornerback play. As for the locker room, you don't have a problem when you have the right leaders. JL will make sure the D knows it could have played better. You learn to handle guys like JJ, Not simply cast him off.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Sorry again another reporter that reads tweets and brings up LA for the drama anymore it's not reporting it's click bait engineering.

fearsomefour

Legend
Jenkins is a dumb guy.
Dumb guys do dumb things.
He did his job yesterday and that is all he can really control. Just a judgement thing with twitter. Not a biggie to me.
Pay that man his money.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He is a top 10 corner. That isnt "decent" cornerback play. As for the locker room, you don't have a problem when you have the right leaders. JL will make sure the D knows it could have played better. You learn to handle guys like JJ, Not simply cast him off.
I agree you don't throw them out but you don't necessarily break the bank for him either. I don't see top 10 (and that is all subjective) I see a guy playing for a new contract. With that coming for a guy who has displayed questionable character it should be a concern.

fancents86

Starter
I don't think Jenkins is playing any better than previous years, I think he is just playing more man to man coverage than trying to make that big play like he used to, which would sometimes also give up big plays.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Why should he think about an organization instead of himself?
Maybe it was worded wrong, but I meant that I think his decision will be way more money driven than about his fit with the team, how much he likes playing for the Rams, and how much he would like to continue playing with his current teammates.

MountainRam

Rookie
Maybe it was worded wrong, but I meant that I think his decision will be way more money driven than about his fit with the team, how much he likes playing for the Rams, and how much he would like to continue playing with his current teammates.

I think he will get a $70+ million dollar contract which Rams cannot match. Time to put franchise tag on JJ I think. There are about 3 shutdown corners in this league and JJ is the best behind the top 3. So good luck to JJ if he leaves.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I think he will get a $70+ million dollar contract which Rams cannot match. Time to put franchise tag on JJ I think. There are about 3 shutdown corners in this league and JJ is the best behind the top 3. So good luck to JJ if he leaves.
The way the offseason has been going, I have no doubt a team will pay JJ a crap load of money. I agree that the team will likely franchise him before that happens. Bad thing is we still have Tru, Hayes, and Barron to worry about as well. I'm assuming that Fairley will be given a decent chance to start somewhere else and jump ship.