Henderson to IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I knew it. Knees just can't bend sideways.
That cheap ass dirty (feminine) tackle grabbing only Hendo's arm was not cool.

(see the link below for my expert medical opinion just after yesterday's game)

Gotta hand it to ya, unfortunately for us you were right on this one.

As soon as Hendo was dragged down awkwardly I was concerned too, but I heard Hendo was joking around on sidelines so I hoped maybe he was ok.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Man, now we are literally going to have to rely on Akers getting back to full speed and spelling Michel with some Funk.

I'm basically done with Hendo. He is so fragile. What did he have, one carry yesterday and messed his knee up? Keep Michel, drop Hendo.
Henderson is made of glass.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I hope we can give Cam another week but wouldn’t be surprised if he’s active Sunday. We can possibly win the division this week.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A Christmas Story Fudge GIF

a christmas story GIF

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was a piece of shit tackle!
Rest up Hendo

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rogers Saffold hat structural issues with his shoulders that he got surgically corrected and no longer has those issues.
Didn't he also tear a pec iirc?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Didn't he also tear a pec iirc?
Discussing any of Saffold's injuries other than his structural shoulder issues is strictly verboten. Doing so not only harms the narrative, but risks injecting reality into the discussion. This cannot be allowed.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Discussing any of Saffold's injuries other than his structural shoulder issues is strictly verboten. Doing so not only harms the narrative, but risks injecting reality into the discussion. This cannot be allowed.
Just an aside.

I have long viewed "Verboten" to be a vastly underused-word.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
So true. The dude just can't stay healthy. I feel for him but his skill set isn't that rare as a RB these days. The only thing that really bothers me is that mcVay for some reason takes a long time to develop his rbs. Even if we grab a FA or draft pick next year he won't see the field for some time

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Kind of random, but I remember Roger Saffold used to have a lot of “little injuries” too. Like every other game he would leave with a shoulder or “stinger”. Then he put on a bit more muscle and kind of knocked it off.

Hendo’s injuries are frustrating. But I wouldn’t write him off just yet.

Rogers Saffold hat structural issues with his shoulders that he got surgically corrected and no longer has those issues.
I think the main thing was moving him from tackle to guard. He seemed to get injured or nicked up everytime we put him out on the edge.

He didn't want to go inside for financial reasons, but it has really been the best thing for him.

I don't think you can compare Hendo in this respect. Completely different injuries, position, and positional life span.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
The greater point was that sometimes athletes go through a spell of injuries early in their career, and that can be frustrating for a fan.

But that doesn’t mean they should be written off entirely.

I remember reading comments about how Steph Curry was a bust because he couldn’t stay healthy.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

I responded to the part in a post about his shoulders.

Saffold had various injuries that forced him to miss games early in his career.
2016 to now, he's played at least 15 games a season, except this year, where he's at 13.
Oddly enough, he's got an injury in his shoulder, I didn't realize, but it's a weird nerve issue, apparently.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I responded to the part in a post about his shoulders.

Saffold had various injuries that forced him to miss games early in his career.
2016 to now, he's played at least 15 games a season, except this year, where he's at 13.
Oddly enough, he's got an injury in his shoulder, I didn't realize, but it's a weird nerve issue, apparently.
The thing that gets missed with guys like him (and SJax) is that they don't track games finished. He would get a strain or a stinger or whatever and leave the game in the second quarter, rest all week, start the next game and leave it really too. But the stats say he started both games. Years later they aren't taking that stuff.

As a more recent example, Brian Allen left the Vikings game in Q1, right? But he started. 3 years from now someone will talk about how he has 16 starts (at least) this year. Never mind that he played 1 snap in Jacksonville and only 18 in Minnesota. He's the model of perfect health after his second season, right?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The thing that gets missed with guys like him (and SJax) is that they don't track games finished. He would get a strain or a stinger or whatever and leave the game in the second quarter, rest all week, start the next game and leave it really too. But the stats say he started both games. Years later they aren't taking that stuff.

As a more recent example, Brian Allen left the Vikings game in Q1, right? But he started. 3 years from now someone will talk about how he has 16 starts (at least) this year. Never mind that he played 1 snap in Jacksonville and only 18 in Minnesota. He's the model of perfect health after his second season, right?

Well, you can certainly track snap count percentage.. that's an easy way.

For example.. in 2018.. he played 100% of the snaps in 13 games.. 92, 84 and 77 in the others.
2017? 13 games again... 87 and 77 and sat out the last game of the season when McVay rested starters.
2016? 12 games.. 99, 92 and 42 and missed a game with injury.
2015? 4 games.. then 27... then went on IR
2014? 9 games.. 3 above 90.. 2 above 80.. 61 and 29
2013? 6 games.. one at 94.. one at 72.. 3 under 50% and missed 5 with MCL injury.

Anyway...

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Well, you can certainly track snap count percentage.. that's an easy way.

For example.. in 2018.. he played 100% of the snaps in 13 games.. 92, 84 and 77 in the others.
2017? 13 games again... 87 and 77 and sat out the last game of the season when McVay rested starters.
2016? 12 games.. 99, 92 and 42 and missed a game with injury.
2015? 4 games.. then 27... then went on IR
2014? 9 games.. 3 above 90.. 2 above 80.. 61 and 29
2013? 6 games.. one at 94.. one at 72.. 3 under 50% and missed 5 with MCL injury.

Anyway...
I just discovered today that pro football reference has snap counts and percentages. Seems to only go back to 2012 though.

If those are Saffold's numbers, that seems like the injury history I remember which is a lot worse than the one many people try put out there.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Things that result in missed time that warrant an "injury prone" label:

Genetic predisposition to structural damage.
Poor conditioning.
Unwillingness to play through pain.
Style of play that exposes one to injury.

Things that result in missed time that do not warrant an "injury prone" label:

Plain old ordinary bad luck.
Victim of deliberate injury causing hits.

Its difficult to put any player's injuries squarely into one side of the issue or the other, but DH certainly does seem to get injured more often than most.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I just discovered today that pro football reference has snap counts and percentages. Seems to only go back to 2012 though.

If those are Saffold's numbers, that seems like the injury history I remember which is a lot worse than the one many people try put out there.
Oh, okay.

I don't think it matches up much with what you were painting.. which was a guy who played just a couple of snaps and was out for the game. He did have some real injuries... an MCL injury that forced him to miss several games.

But, starting in 16? Once he got the shoulders fixed?