Henderson to IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I think the main thing was moving him from tackle to guard. He seemed to get injured or nicked up everytime we put him out on the edge.

He didn't want to go inside for financial reasons, but it has really been the best thing for him.

I don't think you can compare Hendo in this respect. Completely different injuries, position, and positional life span.
Totally agree that you can't compare the two. I wonder if Hendo needs to bulk up a bit more. I get that speed is his greatest asset, but it's no good if he can't take a pounding. It's the reason Michel has been more superior than Hendo. He's more built for the punishment a RB takes in the NFL. As much as I like Hendo's play, we need to definitely draft another RB or sign a low key/low cost good back up in FA. I'd be ok with trading him in this case if we get good value, but maybe just maybe he'll get his chance to fight for a roster spot next year in training camp. However, if Michel is re-signed and Akers looks good in the playoffs, Hendo is more likely done with us as I don't see him contributing to special teams.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Things that result in missed time that warrant an "injury prone" label:

Genetic predisposition to structural damage.
Poor conditioning.
Unwillingness to play through pain.
Style of play that exposes one to injury.

Things that result in missed time that do not warrant an "injury prone" label:

Plain old ordinary bad luck.
Victim of deliberate injury causing hits.

Its difficult to put any player's injuries squarely into one side of the issue or the other, but DH certainly does seem to get injured more often than most.

Henderson has some shit luck, I'll admit.
Ankle injury last year and knee injury Sunday were both drag-down injuries with defenders putting weight on key joint. Not much to do against that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The thing that gets missed with guys like him (and SJax) is that they don't track games finished. He would get a strain or a stinger or whatever and leave the game in the second quarter, rest all week, start the next game and leave it really too. But the stats say he started both games. Years later they aren't taking that stuff.

As a more recent example, Brian Allen left the Vikings game in Q1, right? But he started. 3 years from now someone will talk about how he has 16 starts (at least) this year. Never mind that he played 1 snap in Jacksonville and only 18 in Minnesota. He's the model of perfect health after his second season, right?
This is true but when it comes to RBs (as opposed to say OL) you can see it in the stats.

Hendy had 11 "starts" in 2020 when we really needed him. Seemed like a lot of them involved him coming out of the game due to nicks and cuts over the course of those opportunities. In fact the guy has NEVER been able to take advantage of opportunities. Every single time we have lined up with expectation of relying on him it feels like shit goes wrong. He gets hurt or gets stuffed so much McVay abandons the run.

I mean he's been with us for 3 years and has one 100 yard game. This is during an era when they were trying like hell to find a replacement for Gurley, so they have gone out of their way for this dude and suffered disappointment after disappointment. Him and Brown were like the Disappointing Duo.

Rams are at the point now where they can't afford to keep thinking they can rely on him. I'd rather have a guy on the roster who can go. Who can be ready when called upon. Even if it's a lesser talent.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Man, now we are literally going to have to rely on Akers getting back to full speed and spelling Michel with some Funk.

I'm basically done with Hendo. He is so fragile. What did he have, one carry yesterday and messed his knee up? Keep Michel, drop Hendo.
Was a weird tackle, fwiw. His foot looked like it stuck and the knee tweaked.