Has Robert Quinn risen from the dead?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
1. Quinn actually plays the ware role not von Miller's

2. Quinn has already peaked and is on the downward slide and has yet to develop any pass rush moves he can use consistently other than the speed rush

I don't want to make it seem like I don't like him cuz I do and I think he is/was a great talent but you're kidding yourself if you think he's a guy that can single handedly effect a game week in and week out or draw double teams/special protections anymore.

I disagree that Quinn has never shown any variety of moves.

Go look at his 19 sack season.
Does he rush too wide the majority of the time and almost always with the outside speed rush? Yes. But he really became more 1 dimensional after his back issues started slowing him.

To coincide with his late season resurgence, we see a greater variety of ways Quinn is applying pressure and interestingly, this also coincides with the first time his Def Coaches have chosen to move him around.

Last edited:

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
The back surgery was after the 2015 season.

But really glad to see him stepping up his game.

How many games did he miss last year...7, 8? It was several.

The Reggie plan has seen him play 13 games this year.

Ram65

Legend
Quinn has been playing better for more that the last two weeks but, is not back yet. He still isn't bending like he use to. He may never be able to do that. By not bending he still goes a around the OT and quarterback. He is cutting in better. He did show an inside move. He still has the speed that made him able track down players from behind or run to the sidelines. The question was if Quinn could get stronger and more flexible as the year went on. He has and hope it continues get stronger and more flexible.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
1. Quinn actually plays the ware role not von Miller's

2. Quinn has already peaked and is on the downward slide and has yet to develop any pass rush moves he can use consistently other than the speed rush

I don't want to make it seem like I don't like him cuz I do and I think he is/was a great talent but you're kidding yourself if you think he's a guy that can single handedly effect a game week in and week out or draw double teams/special protections anymore.

You're right, I meant Ware, but couldn't remember his name.

And I don't think he's dominating like AD or Miller.

I do think he's young enough to regain his top form after injury.

Lastly, he's not just going wide anymore. He's playing flatter and he's actually using inside moves which seemingly of late has freaked LTs out.

I think we are all gonna be happy with our DL going forward.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
is tru elite? no, but hes a solid #1 that week in and week out matches up with the teams top wr and rarely gets torched throughout the whole game. not to mention he has the height that few good CBs have. You wont find a better cb in FA and the draft is a risk.

Quinn on the other hand, while he makes plays hes far from elite anymore and sometimes is even a liability. hes really only ever had one move (speed rush) and injuries and age will continue to render it useless. not to mention in todays era of football its way easier to find a starter worthy pass rusher than a cb

if its simply quinn or tru, theres no way in hell id take quinn over tru at this point in there careers.

Picked4td,

Thou hast nailed it. "So let it be written. So let it be done."
Okay movie buffs what picture does that line come from and who said it??

~ArkyRamsFan~

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Picked4td,

~ArkyRamsFan~

C'mon... Yul Brynner as Pharoah Rameses in The Ten Commandments.

Edit: It's even been meme-ified!
6cb4139649ea5d23bbecf23043f7576b5b6fcec9b5fdf2f96f28c2f1f805b8af.jpg

And thanks because I can now use this instead of the way overused "Make it so" Picard meme I've been using. Sweet!

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
C'mon... Yul Brynner as Pharoah Rameses in The Ten Commandments.

Edit: It's even been meme-ified!
6cb4139649ea5d23bbecf23043f7576b5b6fcec9b5fdf2f96f28c2f1f805b8af.jpg

And thanks because I can now use this instead of the way overused "Make it so" Picard meme I've been using. Sweet!
Well, alright I have to admit that one was rather easy. I'll have to get a more challenging one next time. Ya gotta admit there is no one but no one who could portray the Pharoah like Yul Brynner.
Heh.....love the term "meme-ified". That might be worth its own thread some day.....

~ArkyRamsFan~

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That play where Quinn forced Wilson out of the pocket and he turned and the ball came out does that count as a sack fumble for Quinn

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, alright I have to admit that one was rather easy. I'll have to get a more challenging one next time. Ya gotta admit there is no one but no one who could portray the Pharoah like Yul Brynner.
Heh.....love the term "meme-ified". That might be worth its own thread some day.....

~ArkyRamsFan~

So let it be done! Dilly dilly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Picked4td,

~ArkyRamsFan~
Lol posted a vid clip of it the other day :)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sometimes, you just have to have a little patience.

Could have been health
Could have been new position

But it's not like we didn't have a history with him.

Just had to give it some time.

Glad he's stepping up... hoped that he would.

Good timing too, huh?