Has Robert Quinn risen from the dead?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
His game is truly evolving. I saw one play where he actually tried to stutter step and shift inside. The dreaded inside move was in the making....but then his body completely got out of sorts, he twisted and turned, faked himself out, stumbled over his own two feet and lost his balance, then fell harmlessly to the turf. The whole time the left tackle was crouched with both arms at the ready, waiting for Robert to engage him, but then was left with nothing to do and no one to block, so he just stood there doing nothing and completely ineffective. Pretty good strategy Robert, forcing the LT to not block anyone!!!:ROFLMAO:

Aside from that one play......yeah man, Robert be ballin lately and I love it.
He was chipped by McKissick into a lineman's feet.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Rob Quinn's first 9 gms he had 9 tackles & 6 assist with 2.5 sacks:cautious:.

The last five games Rob has 12 tackles 4 assists 6 sacks & two Forced Fumbles:yess:.....8.5 sacks thus far with 2 games left?? Rob has been MIA for the 2015 & 2016 seasons plus the first 9 gms in 2017.....what happen?

You know he was injured. And the slow start was him learning the 3-4 and coming off back surgery. I agree he should restructure to a more team friendly deal but I think it's time we move on from the talk of having to replace him in the upcoming draft / FA period.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
is tru elite? no, but hes a solid #1 that week in and week out matches up with the teams top wr and rarely gets torched throughout the whole game. not to mention he has the height that few good CBs have. You wont find a better cb in FA and the draft is a risk.

Quinn on the other hand, while he makes plays hes far from elite anymore and sometimes is even a liability. hes really only ever had one move (speed rush) and injuries and age will continue to render it useless. not to mention in todays era of football its way easier to find a starter worthy pass rusher than a cb

if its simply quinn or tru, theres no way in hell id take quinn over tru at this point in there careers.

I'd would take Tru over Quinn, IF and that's a BIG if Quinn doesn't restructure his deal and Tru decides he's going to take a lot less money than he was asking for at the beginning of all of this. Problem is Tru wants #1 money. He's not a #1, he might make a play here and there but he's been constantly beat this year by WR's that shouldn't be beating him if he's gonna ask for #1 money. Tru seems like the type of player that will demand top $$$ even tho he hasn't been playing as such. Proof is in the pudding as they say, otherwise he would have been signed to a long term deal two years ago instead of wasting 32mil as a hard cap hit. Quinn has sold me the last 3 or 4 games he just needs to have a lesser impact on the salary cap when it comes time.

Time will tell.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
Teams are starting to have no answer when Quinn and Donald are lined up on one side... whoever isn't doubled is going to bring the heat. Really amazing how great Wade is at creating the perfect scenarios for his studs.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I think the rams just became high on the list of teams free agents want to go. They no longer have to over pay. I think quinn is finally rounding onto shape and assuming he doesn't have any lingering issues we don't know about. We extend him. I think tru will be much easier to sign. Now that the team is a contender. I'm sure the rams loosing ways has had something to with his price tag.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think the rams just became high on the list of teams free agents want to go.

While i'd like to be enthusiastic about this possibility, it may only extend to those older elites who are still looking to cap off a great career with a Super Bowl run. And there isn't anything wrong with attracting more guys like Whitworth (who did it by accident), ... younger 2'nd contract guys are likely to still pursue the big money imo. L.A. does offer a great lifestyle, but it also comes with sticker shock for those non-coastal small city boys where a $5mil. dollar home now costs $20.mil., and with a significantly higher income & property tax rate. It's almost funny to consider the Rams as now one of those teams which could easily attract quality veterans seeking a last opportunity to add a ring, and it's likely true for those approaching retirement, ... a good mix of high achievement, high character youngsters with a solid and proven track record of elite vets can make us very dangerous to the league, and McVay seems like just the kind of guy that can make it work. jmo.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.espn.com/nfl/scoreboard

Alden Gonzalez/ESPN Staff Writer

Don't sleep on Robert Quinn. The Rams' outside linebacker has six sacks over his last four games and, according to Pro Football Focus, has generated 17 quarterback pressures during that time. That's the same amount of pressures he had through the season's first eight games.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will say this, if Quinn plays this well the next two games, I'm still inclined to ask him to restructure but I will feel a ton better about the defense going into next season if he does. We have a shocking number of needs on this team no matter how we spend our FA and draft capital. Too many contracts are up, current FA's are one or two year rentals at most (even Whitworth is prob just for two years, three would be amazing!)

Not having to worry as much about supplementing the pass rush would definitely help!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I was wrong as well, maybe we keep Quinn around next yr too. He's still only 27..

What? In dog years?

Seems Quinn's been around for decades...

then again, losing has a tendency to warp the space/time continuum.

Ask any Browns fan and Bernie Kosar played for the Browns in 1878...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
its great for the team that hes playing well, but I honestly still wouldnt keep him at his price tag (unless they can spare that money without it costing them another player they need to resign). He still seems to only have one move and while its been effective again lately, its not worth losing another talented player (looking at you Tru) to keep him.

if I had to guess, id say the FO approaches him about a pay cut and if he denies it they play out free agency and if the money is needed they cut him

I think if he continues on this vector, they'll realize they have a stud at the Von Miller spot and try to upgrade at other positions, instead.

No, Quinn isn't Von Miller, but if he keeps improving, he'll be pretty close.

I mean Quinn, Brockers, Westbrooks and Donald make a ridiculously stout and voraciously hungry DL.

Unless the Barron injury to his knee is minor and especially because Littleton is balling out, Barron may be the surprise guy without a chair. And it's not because he can't play.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
You know he was injured. And the slow start was him learning the 3-4 and coming off back surgery. I agree he should restructure to a more team friendly deal but I think it's time we move on from the talk of having to replace him in the upcoming draft / FA period.

Heck, due to my migraines, I have wicked back tension and when those muscles grab in my lower back, I can barely walk (I use those Canadian crutches with the forearm brace...safer).

The notion that a guy is playing with a compromised back is beyond me. I have mad respect.

Had he not started producing, I'd agree he has to go. Heck, I was fully on board with that up until a few weeks ago.

I'm just amazed he's come back from the back injury at all.

If Quinn's back to being the Mighty Quinn...then there's no way in hell he should be anywhere, but in HORNS!!!

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I think if he continues on this vector, they'll realize they have a stud at the Von Miller spot and try to upgrade at other positions, instead.

No, Quinn isn't Von Miller, but if he keeps improving, he'll be pretty close.

I mean Quinn, Brockers, Westbrooks and Donald make a ridiculously stout and voraciously hungry DL.

Unless the Barron injury to his knee is minor and especially because Littleton is balling out, Barron may be the surprise guy without a chair. And it's not because he can't play.

1. Quinn actually plays the ware role not von Miller's

2. Quinn has already peaked and is on the downward slide and has yet to develop any pass rush moves he can use consistently other than the speed rush

I don't want to make it seem like I don't like him cuz I do and I think he is/was a great talent but you're kidding yourself if you think he's a guy that can single handedly effect a game week in and week out or draw double teams/special protections anymore.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty impressed with Quinn the past few games . Keep it up

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1. Quinn actually plays the ware role not von Miller's

2. Quinn has already peaked and is on the downward slide and has yet to develop any pass rush moves he can use consistently other than the speed rush

I don't want to make it seem like I don't like him cuz I do and I think he is/was a great talent but you're kidding yourself if you think he's a guy that can single handedly effect a game week in and week out or draw double teams/special protections anymore.
But he do though. Even now they have tight ends and running backs in to protect against him on almost every passing down. That why Donald is so dangerous because they can put a guy out there to slow down Quinn but it’s hard to double team in the middle. Now if we didn’t have Quinn that tight end and running back would be there for Donald. It’s easier for a qb to see the rush in front of them but Quinn they have to have that extra out that’s why he lead the league in forced fumbles since he’s been in the league and that’s with all the missed time he had