Has Robert Quinn risen from the dead?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think he's earned his stay with the Rams. Which is great, now we don't have to go out and find another olb in the off-season.

What do you think @BonifayRam ?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Agreed that Quinn seems rejuvenated lately. A pleasant surprise, indeed.

Know what?

The Rams have a devastatingly effective pass rush now with Quinn back on his game. That front 7 is downright scary anymore.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rumors of Robert Quinns death were greatly exaggerated.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
If he continues this path, ill say yes. I personally think its too early to say one way or another.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
its great for the team that hes playing well, but I honestly still wouldnt keep him at his price tag (unless they can spare that money without it costing them another player they need to resign). He still seems to only have one move and while its been effective again lately, its not worth losing another talented player (looking at you Tru) to keep him.

if I had to guess, id say the FO approaches him about a pay cut and if he denies it they play out free agency and if the money is needed they cut him

…..

Legend
His game is truly evolving. I saw one play where he actually tried to stutter step and shift inside. The dreaded inside move was in the making....but then his body completely got out of sorts, he twisted and turned, faked himself out, stumbled over his own two feet and lost his balance, then fell harmlessly to the turf. The whole time the left tackle was crouched with both arms at the ready, waiting for Robert to engage him, but then was left with nothing to do and no one to block, so he just stood there doing nothing and completely ineffective. Pretty good strategy Robert, forcing the LT to not block anyone!!!:ROFLMAO:

Aside from that one play......yeah man, Robert be ballin lately and I love it.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
It looks like I will be able to continue to keep my avatar after this season. Quinn is alive and well.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
its great for the team that hes playing well, but I honestly still wouldnt keep him at his price tag (unless they can spare that money without it costing them another player they need to resign). He still seems to only have one move and while its been effective again lately, its not worth losing another talented player (looking at you Tru) to keep him.

if I had to guess, id say the FO approaches him about a pay cut and if he denies it they play out free agency and if the money is needed they cut him

I'd rather keep him over Tru. Tru hasn't been a #1 cb this year and it's not even close. I also think quinn should restructure his deal. It makes sense for the team, but who knows sometimes. These guys get so prideful when it comes to their contracts it's hard to say what will happen.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I'd rather keep him over Tru. Tru hasn't been a #1 cb this year and it's not even close. I also think quinn should restructure his deal. It makes sense for the team, but who knows sometimes. These guys get so prideful when it comes to their contracts it's hard to say what will happen.

is tru elite? no, but hes a solid #1 that week in and week out matches up with the teams top wr and rarely gets torched throughout the whole game. not to mention he has the height that few good CBs have. You wont find a better cb in FA and the draft is a risk.

Quinn on the other hand, while he makes plays hes far from elite anymore and sometimes is even a liability. hes really only ever had one move (speed rush) and injuries and age will continue to render it useless. not to mention in todays era of football its way easier to find a starter worthy pass rusher than a cb

if its simply quinn or tru, theres no way in hell id take quinn over tru at this point in there careers.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
8.5 sacks now on the year, not bad at all! I'd love to see him reach double digits. I have to think this recent success is restoring his confidence as well.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rob Quinn's first 9 gms he had 9 tackles & 6 assist with 2.5 sacks:cautious:.

The last five games Rob has 12 tackles 4 assists 6 sacks & two Forced Fumbles:yess:.....8.5 sacks thus far with 2 games left?? Rob has been MIA for the 2015 & 2016 seasons plus the first 9 gms in 2017.....what happen?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

The last five games Rob has 12 tackles 4 assists 6 sacks & two Forced Fumbles:yess:.....8.5 sacks thus far with 2 games left?? Rob has been MIA for the 2015 & 2016 seasons plus the first 9 gms in 2017.....what happen?

Playing through a back injury that caused other injuries, a change of position and scheme...

I have never understood why so many Rams fans were ready to write off one of the most dangerous edge rushers in the league.
It was obvious he wasnt right.

What was never obvious was the idea that "he was done".
Too young to be done. Too valuable to be mishandled.
I didn't believe we would ever see the Quinn of old, and we may never again. But I always knew that if Quinn is able to get his body right, Wade Phillips would use him correctly and Quinn would be an asset at worst and a freak at best.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Coaching has certainly played a role along with him looking healthy again. Im glad hes not just speed rushing to the outside every play lol. Also finally knowing his role in this scheme and getting more comfortable with it helps.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It certainly feels like the old Quinn is back. He absolutely destroyed a Pro Bowl LT today and gave another Pro Bowl LT (Terron Armstead) all sorts of issues a few weeks ago, so he's not beating up on bad opponents. Him and Donald are really killing it right now. With Brockers and Barwin pushing the pocket too, our pass rush is starting to look nasty again.

Don’t forget Westbrooks playing NT. He really helps give Aaron Donald one on one situations.

Ebukham has looked good,but Connor Barwin really is a stud. I saw him like in a CB position on one play.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Is it him getting a better knack for the OLB position? Is it that he's perhaps healthier than he's been in a long time?

What the what, boys?
I think he's feeling better...more comfortable at his new stand-up position. He's playing more physically rushing...not just running around the LT with speed...I also like how Son of bum has made him switch sides...it kinda makes him try new moves and stances. Still growing his game.

Didn't he sit out one game,and then since that game he has played well?

Rob has been MIA for the 2015 & 2016 seasons plus the first 9 gms in 2017.....what happen?

That couple game illness...what was it....conspiracy theorist wanna know??? Did he take a secret, out of the country trip...to a place...where medical advances know how to administer certain drugs that are undetectable? LOL Kobe-style....he looks stronger...like his back isn't an issue..and he trusts it to hold up.

Personally, I saw a few things that made me feel he'd be ok....he was continually getting better. He was brought around slowly....and we are reaping the benefits.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I'm looking forward to seeing the Rams Destroy The Titans and The 40-Whiner's!
I see Donald finishing with 15 Sacks and Quinn with 12.5! Not counting Playoff's!

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

You.. you... you do realize you're on a message board, right?!? ;)

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
is tru elite? no, but hes a solid #1 that week in and week out matches up with the teams top wr and rarely gets torched throughout the whole game. not to mention he has the height that few good CBs have. You wont find a better cb in FA and the draft is a risk.

Quinn on the other hand, while he makes plays hes far from elite anymore and sometimes is even a liability. hes really only ever had one move (speed rush) and injuries and age will continue to render it useless. not to mention in todays era of football its way easier to find a starter worthy pass rusher than a cb

if its simply quinn or tru, theres no way in hell id take quinn over tru at this point in there careers.

I have seen TRu absolutely torched game ina nd game out the difference though is that the QBs either got sacked or over threw the receiver. Tru is a very good number 2 cb. If I had to choose I’m going Quinn over Tru because I already know the cap hit for Quinn Tru on the other hand if he don’t want to resign he can walk and I will get a rookie it’s easier to mask cb problems when you have a good line

This year has just been perfect for the rams because schedul wise going up against top teams with top offenses we haven’t had to do that at all. And now with the playoffs approaching a lot of teams big weapons are injured. Ironically enough the scariest team to me is the Jags but we don’t have to worry about them until the Super Bowl.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll add my opinion after my lunch, trying to catch this fella first so I can eat him
tenor.gif