Has Robert Quinn risen from the dead?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Starting with week 12 this year he's had a sack in every game and 2 in two. I'd love to see what his pressures were in that time too. He seems to be much closer to the QB lately. Is it him getting a better knack for the OLB position? Is it that he's perhaps healthier than he's been in a long time?

What the what, boys?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
200.gif

giphy.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It certainly feels like the old Quinn is back. He absolutely destroyed a Pro Bowl LT today and gave another Pro Bowl LT (Terron Armstead) all sorts of issues a few weeks ago, so he's not beating up on bad opponents. Him and Donald are really killing it right now. With Brockers and Barwin pushing the pocket too, our pass rush is starting to look nasty again.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Will say that I'm absolutely glad to be wrong about Quinn not transitioning as a 3-4 OLB well. He's absolutely stepped up and learned a lot of new pass rushing techniques in that post; his experiences prior was simply that edge rush gumby technique that can be held easily if an LT can leverage himself to be nuanced in holding him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Will say that I'm absolutely glad to be wrong about Quinn not transitioning as a 3-4 OLB well. He's absolutely stepped up and learned a lot of new pass rushing techniques in that post; his experiences prior was simply that edge rush gumby technique that can be held easily if an LT can leverage himself to be nuanced in holding him.
A very little physical thing can hamper your whole being, in certain cases. Let's hope Quinn's are figured out, or behind him. He has looked markedly different in the last few games, whether it scheme, or physical.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I have to believe that Quinn's rebirth was mostly health related. At the beginning of this season I thought he was thru, but he's had a huge resurgence and the timing couldn't be better as we could only hope to peak late in the season and into the play-offs. The opposition will be hard pressed when deciding who to double team while in pass pro. His rush defense is still questionable at best, but McVay seems to have a better grasp for substituting reserves lately. Gotta like what i've been seeing. jmo.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
His played looked intense against the Seasquawks. He beat a very good LT yesterday, and the Saints OT is good, too.
Didn't he sit out one game,and then since that game he has played well?

I see a different guy....a lil more explosive in the first 2 steps....maybe, also, he is mentally comfortable.
with Kayvon Webster out, The Rams need Quinn's help....well, maybe he won't be cut, LOL

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yes. Sorta makes sense too, what with the injury and he looks like he's fully back. Plus the scheme, there's a difference in the OLB position and I think that slowed his return too.

TBH I had just about given up on the dude earlier this season, he looked old and run down. But I am glad to say just like with Barron it feels great to be wrong about that.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yes. Sorta makes sense too, what with the injury and he looks like he's fully back. Plus the scheme, there's a difference in the OLB position and I think that slowed his return too.

TBH I had just about given up on the dude earlier this season, he looked old and run down. But I am glad to say just like with Barron it feels great to be wrong about that.
He's been playing a lot flatter lately, if that makes sense. Before, he was just running too deep of an arc. He, now, is getting up-field and flattening his arc way sooner. Makes him way more of a player in contention, and not just a guy (JAG) running deep into to backfield with no purpose. This has cause and effect, in both containing the running game, and pressuring the QB.

Debacled

Starter
Two major things I've noticed.

First is he is getting the hang of playing in a stand up position. Remember part of the reason he fell in the draft is because he tested pretty badly when tried out at OLB. First season in an OLB role.

Second is the man finally started using an inside move. A big knock coming out was that he didn't have a lot of moves....and he really still doesn't (or doesn't use them often). His 19 sack season he just ran circles around dudes, and he has been trying to do the same thing ever since. Easy to block when they know what is coming.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Happy to see him playing well , he has 8 sack this year! I would not get too excited about yesterday though . He always plays well against the hawks because Wilson takes so long to get rid of the ball

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Happy to see him playing well , he has 8 sack this year! I would not get too excited about yesterday though . He always plays well against the hawks because Wilson takes so long to get rid of the ball

wilson's style of play suits the rams rush to a t. if you notice all the crazy escape moves he's made this season you'll find his first instinct is to rush backwards from harms way before dancing around. he can't do that against the rams because quinn is always there behind him. the rams don't give him anywhere to move forward so he has to try to make a play from the pocket and we all know he's not very good at that at all.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
wilson's style of play suits the rams rush to a t. if you notice all the crazy escape moves he's made this season you'll find his first instinct is to rush backwards from harms way before dancing around. he can't do that against the rams because quinn is always there behind him. the rams don't give him anywhere to move forward so he has to try to make a play from the pocket and we all know he's not very good at that at all.

Great point , against most quarterbacks Quinn goes too deep but against Russel it works perfect . Searle needs alot of help on offense , they have no game plan lol just run around and throw

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's been playing a lot flatter lately, if that makes sense. Before, he was just running too deep of an arc. He, now, is getting up-field and flattening his arc way sooner. Makes him way more of a player in contention, and not just a guy (JAG) running deep into to backfield with no purpose. This has cause and effect, in both containing the running game, and pressuring the QB.

That’s one thing that I have noticed too his arc isn’t as wide it’s like he is squeezing the orange now. He rushes outside he’s keeping containment then he start squeezing the LT right towards the QB. All it takes is for those sacks to start piling up to get that confidence going and a confident Quinn means danger to everyone else.

His rush defense is still questionable at best

That just isn’t true his rush defense has been great. Idk how this misconception even started but it needs to be put to rest

James Otto

Starter
Yes! I mentioned this early in the season - still recovering from the back injury and adjusting to a new position. Quinn is still very young, he's going to be devastating QB's in a Ram uniform for a long time, I hope.