Gurley is the best back in the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I suggested this after the Packers game and not many people were ready to commit to that statement but I have no problem saying it, he's the best. He is embarrassing every other back not named Le'Veon Bell and even Bell isn't on Todd's level.

Being a UGA student I knew full well that Gurley would be a top 10 back the day he stepped foot on an NFL field. However, even I am surprised at how quickly he's adjusted to the NFL and after an injury no less. In his 4 starts he is averaging 142 yards per game and 6.43 YPC. Most elite backs dream of that kind of production in COLLEGE. In the NFL it's unheard of. We are witnessing a living legend folks, enjoy it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It's a fact. He is, and will be for many years to come. In Gurley we trust!!!

bskrilla

Starter
He's also not surprising anyone anymore. After those first two games teams KNOW they are going to get run over by Gurley and they still can't do shit about it.

I know it's still early and it may be slightly hyperbolic, but between Gurley and Donald we may have the single best offensive and defensive players in the ENTIRE LEAGUE... (JJ Watt and A. Rodgers give them a run for their money respectively)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I still can't believe he's in Horns. I watch him on the field and can't believe he's all ours!

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
He's also not surprising anyone anymore. After those first two games teams KNOW they are going to get run over by Gurley and they can't do crap about it.

I know it's still early and it may be slightly hyperbolic, but between Gurley and Donald we may have the single best offensive and defensive players in the ENTIRE LEAGUE... (JJ Watt and A. Rodgers give them a run for their money respectively)

Yeah but Watt and Rodgers don't play on the same team! :sneaky: :cheers:

bskrilla

Starter
Yeah but Watt and Rodgers don't play on the same team! :sneaky: :cheers:
True. I think it's a given that in terms of comparing the single best offensive and defenensive player on each team to other teams we have the best pair. Hands down.

bskrilla

Starter
Also want to mention that Fisher said in the post-game that it's all but decided that next year Gurley will be wearing the C. The whole team loves him. He's a humble kid and a great teammate.

We hit a mother fucking Game 7 of the World Series, bottom of the ninth, down by 3 runs, 2 outs, 3-2 count GRAND SLAM on this pick...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Funny the pundits that did not see much of Gurley questioned the pick and the pundits that actually took the time to actually watch college football and Todd Gurley loved the pick. Amazing how much better your perception is when you actually watch a guy play!

In those uniforms and after that 71 yard touchdown run I quickly stated to my Ram comrades...."I did not realize how fast Lawrence McCutcheon was."

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
94 carries 575 yards 6.1 average number 1 for rookie running backs and will go from 12 to 5 or 6 in overall rushing yards.
Not to shabby.
The O line did well today I am proud of them over all.
Hey TA is becoming or has become the player we hoped for.
Foles was solid not exceptional but solid and that is a big help.
It is slowly shaping up. If the O line continues to develop and we get some help from the receivers we will be good. Other than TA if we just get a few plays from the other receivers as a group we can continue to win. I am done relying on the receivers as individuals and just hoping they step up as a group.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Today there was a decent passing game.

When it gets better TG is going to be a harsh day for DC's.

Even with Foles throwing a couple of "what was that" and a couple of "why did he hold it", the WRs catch what they are expected to catch and the passing game was very good today. Pass protection and some great throws. I just don't know what has happened to our WRs. Even Bailey had a drop.

I want Quick back to replace TA on those long balls. It almost never works. He's too short and he's not fast enough long distance.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
True. I think it's a given that in terms of comparing the single best offensive and defenensive player on each team to other teams we have the best pair. Hands down.
And with a pairing like that a super bowl should be in the horizon.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
After last week's game, a lot of national guys were split between Bell and Gurley for #1 rb. Bell is rumored to have a torn MCL now though, so Gurley could be the concensus #1 in a few days.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After last week's game, a lot of national guys were split between Bell and Gurley for #1 rb. Bell is rumored to have a torn MCL now though, so Gurley could be the concensus #1 in a few days.

Even if it wasn't him by default - Gurley had another excellent game. He was being downgraded (understandably) for the small sample size of his NFL career. Every extra game where he's a man playing against boys has to convince more pundits.

Seriously - he had 133 yards, even though he was basically pulled for a quarter once the Rams had the game in hand.

WvuIN02

Starter
Funny the pundits that did not see much of Gurley questioned the pick and the pundits that actually took the time to actually watch college football and Todd Gurley loved the pick. Amazing how much better your perception is when you actually watch a guy play!

In those uniforms and after that 71 yard touchdown run I quickly stated to my Ram comrades...."I did not realize how fast Lawrence McCutcheon was."

Well, its completely reasonable. The questions I remember the pundits discussing were never about his talent, it was the recovery from a gruesome ACL injury. And football is not an exact science, there are a long long list of guys that everyone felt would be Hall of Famers who did nothing and people whose games really showed up at the NFL level as well who didn't flash much in college. I really wanted TG3 to succeed because he seems like a great kid. If there were people who questioned his ability when healthy, well they were dumb.

For instance take Le'Veon Bell, post draft tons of people were saying it was a bad pick and that the Steelers were incredibly stupid for drafting him ahead of Eddie Lacy....he was headed for another monster year before this injury happened.

DenverRam

Starter
jtVJyKC.gif

RamsFan14

Starter
I suggested this after the Packers game and not many people were ready to commit to that statement but I have no problem saying it, he's the best. He is embarrassing every other back not named Le'Veon Bell and even Bell isn't on Todd's level.

Being a UGA student I knew full well that Gurley would be a top 10 back the day he stepped foot on an NFL field. However, even I am surprised at how quickly he's adjusted to the NFL and after an injury no less. In his 4 starts he is averaging 142 yards per game and 6.43 YPC. Most elite backs dream of that kind of production in COLLEGE. In the NFL it's unheard of. We are witnessing a living legend folks, enjoy it.

Well if you want to be picky, then Gurley's receiving ability isn't even close to the level Bell's at. They are both great RBs and should both be considered top 3 players at there positions. Which one is better is all preference honestly, no doubt tho Gurley's running ability is amazing. Bell at WR is quite impressive at the same time, although it's been tough for him to display his catching ability without Big Ben. Hopefully he'll rebound from his MCL quick, the dude is a stud.

bskrilla

Starter
Well if you want to be picky, then Gurley's receiving ability isn't even close to the level Bell's at.
Is this actually true or is it just a fact the the Rams haven't throw to Gurley that much. I mean it's not like he's been dropping passes or not getting open.

I think it's just not part of the Rams gameplan to throw to the RB very much.

WvuIN02

Starter
I'll definitely give kudos to TG3 for the speed and vision on that play, but the blocking on that play was what got me pumped -- unreal execution. Nobody even breathed on him to the endzone. SFs strong safety also took a horrible angle to that play, I guess he thought it was bouncing outside? We are witnessing something special though folks, just the tip of the iceberg.