GRob

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Notes (not mine) from last nights game:
Lions who hurt their stock:

• Greg Robinson – The Lions’ fill-in left tackle had a rough night.
Hey...psssst..... I have news for you man.....
Robinson has had a rough CAREER.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
G Rob is the starting left tackle for a 2-0 team that looks pretty damn good right now.

He still has a ways to go - mentally and physically - but he is a better football player than any of us are.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
He still has a ways to go - mentally and physically - but he is a better football player than any of us are.

Pfft, that's what you think. I've never been flagged for a false start or holding penalty in the NFL. I'm also undefeated as a starter. :D

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
G Rob is the starting left tackle for a 2-0 team
Wow, for a minute there you had me convinced he was a great draft pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe....

We were out rushed 229 to 90+ yards a couple days ago....I'm looking for solutions....you guys appear happy with the status quo....

Greg Robinson and Ereck Flowers aren't solutions. They play on other teams.(and 99.9% of us don't want them on our team)

Greg is a powerful drive blocker...probably better than anyone on the team now...yet we just dumped him for a 6th rounder...and we still struggle running the ball...Washington had 2 runners look BETTER than Todd Gurley.....I believe it's because they have drive blockers like Greg...while everyone on here is happy to have the nice guy Whit...and stone man Havenstein....and that clueless Brown trying to move the pile.

People aren't happy with Havenstein or Brown right now. Whitworth isn't the elite run blocker he was in his prime because he's 35 years old. But fuck yeah we're happy with a guy who is still a top-tier pass protector.

You call Brown "clueless." Did you watch Greg last year? He was a terrible run blocker because he had no idea who he was supposed to be blocking on most plays. I bet that's why the Rams dumped him. He's not bright enough to understand the schemes.

We didn't dump an All Pro. We dumped a backup LT who hasn't looked good for the Lions. The best things they're saying about him are, "Well, he's a backup and not the worst LT in the NFL, so we could have done worse."

As for Gurley, the dude averaged 5+ yards per carry on Sunday. Run blocking wasn't the issue like it was against the Colts.

Flowers is a RT at this moment....and like a few have noted, these young guys need more training ...coaching...more work....and possibly they can be as if not more effective than guys we have that can't move the pile.

Ziggy Ansah beat Flowers like he stole something last night. I don't want that bum anywhere near this team. You just refuse to accept that physically talented players can still suck at football. Greg sucks. Flowers sucks. Quick sucks. They're busts. Let them go.

Oh yeah, Greg had the occasional negative play too last night...overall he was serviceable...against a BETTER player.

Greg was "serviceable" last night.(which is likely being generous) Whitworth was a Pro Bowler in 2015 and 2016. He was an All Pro in 2014 and 2015. Yea, I'm not pining for Robinson, especially when he couldn't run block worth a shit on this team last year.

Greg is the past. Look to the future.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
G Rob is the starting left tackle for a 2-0 team that looks pretty damn good right now.

Craig Dahl is a better football player than any of us are, but the dude still was a garbage NFL player. The same is true of Greg Robinson.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
he is a better football player than any of us are
tenor.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Craig Dahl is a better football player than any of us are, but the dude still was a garbage NFL player. The same is true of Greg Robinson.
Poor Craig Dahl. If only he was here to defend himself. Oh wait. He can't cover that guy either.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Easy to keep cool & calm......Keep my medication close....
images

Only you would debate with pretty much every pundit HC owner football fan and say o line is more difficult that QB ...
I don't know about that....
Imagine every play...going up against someone that is stronger, quicker, and bigger than you ......Every play.
To even suggest grob is half the player whitworth is laughable
Today...in 2017....one player is descending....and I'd say the other is ascending...he's a starter on a top ranked offense, that is running the ball more effectively in years...Since the days of.....Barry Sanders.
Good thing Stafford got rid of the ball fast and can run.
That's what good QB's do....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The Holding penalty was declined because the player GRob was holding made the sack anyway.
Look closer....or, was this some sarcasm.....to like, make your point....or is it an out an out lie?
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201709180nyg.htm
Penalty on Greg Robinson: False Start, 5 yards (no play)
DET 23 Ameer Abdullah left end for -1 yards (tackle by Jonathan Casillas)
DET 22 Matthew Stafford pass incomplete deep left intended for Kenny Golladay. Penalty on Greg Robinson: Offensive Holding (Declined)
Excellent site....there is a section called "FULL PLAY BY PLAY"....check it out....they do it for all the teams too, so of course you can LOOK UP THE RAMS.....and see where the play went and....THE RESULTS. I'm not just talking out of my ass...Better defense Giants....better players Giants....and guess what, Greg didn't look bad....Worse players, Skins, worse defense Skins....check out the 1st quarter.....those drives....winning time....Could Gurley run then??? Hell, most of those runs were Gurley doing something spectacular. Later in the game... Check the 1st two quarters both games.

We should have had 140+ rushing....Skins defense is garbage. But we struggled....Why?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
My man, you don't have to watch the game or the play-by-play to know if someone is bad when their track record, like I said, is your 'proof in the pudding'. We watched his atrocious play for 3 seasons. I'm not wanting to be right to be right; the dude freaking sucks. Period.
Ok

If I went on the last 3 years....not sure there's a Rams player on offense that belongs in the league besides Kenny Britt...But obviously Kendricks, Cook, hell, Pace Murphy just got signed by the 9ers. oh yeah.....Quick was on the Skins roster...

For some that don't know...holding could be called literally on EVERY SINGLE PLAY....again...if you watched that game, they started calling holding on everyone on the Lions....even Jon Gruden disagreed with some of them. Holding is not a problem that can't be fixed.

Driving your man....moving your feet quick enough to protect the edge....that CAN'T BE SOLVED WITH TECHNIQUE!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You counselor, get your own reply
You call Brown "clueless." Did you watch Greg last year? He was a terrible run blocker because he had no idea who he was supposed to be blocking on most plays. I bet that's why the Rams dumped him. He's not bright enough to understand the schemes.
Yep....clueless....cause he's still letting DT's in his face, run into the backfield without blocking them....He's under a "new" coaching staff. Better coaching....that some say is the reason we looked so clueless last year...because Boudreau and his staff didn't obviously know what they were doing. So...he looked clueless last year, like most of them...and he's showing signs of clueless this year. What's the problem?

I'm watching Greg THIS year...I watched the entire offense last year...and it was pitiful....THIS year, Greg is on one of the best offensive teams. And seems to know who to block (you know, like, half the battle), where to block....and when to use certain types of blocks (I bring this up because of his excellent roll/cut block on a screen/hitch pass).

Dude scored a 22 on his wonderlic....you wanna know who else scored a 22????? Hmmmm?

We dumped a backup LT who hasn't looked good for the Lions. The best things they're saying about him are, "Well, he's a backup and not the worst LT in the NFL, so we could have done worse."
That's some of the fans...Some....And guess what? Greg's a BETTER run blocker than Decker...to prove it....I'LL GUARANTEE when he returns, they'll find a starting spot for him. Wanna know what the Lions think? Ask Matt Stafford, ask Abdulla.... Ask the HC.....Ask the OC....ask the line coach....
We could have done worse....we could have done better...like, not get a guy on the last edges of talent...for a position we only needed to get coached up...sorta like ALL the offensive positions....well some of them...sign/draft a RT and a RG....and a CENTER....the weakest spot on the line....for some...you know longevity at the positions....the line needs to play together for a while....
As for Gurley, the dude averaged 5+ yards per carry on Sunday. Run blocking wasn't the issue like it was against the Colts.
Mostly all Gurley...that's where the play by play doesn't show it all...it'll tell direction (hole hit), and the outcome....but it won't describe broken tackles, runs that bounce it outside because there WASN'T A HOLE....stuff like that...

If we were run blocking so well, why'd we fall behind? Why didn't we score in the 1st quarter?

I thought they improved
....but with a talent like Gurley....we need more. We should be able to lean on that kid....early and often. It can change the....mood of the game...Instead...we're down 13-0....before most of the fans are out of the parking lot.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
don't know about that....
Imagine every play...going up against someone that is stronger, quicker, and bigger than you ......Every play.

Pretty much every QB in the NFL not named Ben or Cam ... 6ft 7 330lbs Whitworth ... lets be honest there arent many DE's that are going be bigger .. faster yeah definitely ..stronger .. maybe ... but QB is by the fair the hardest position to learn and play in the NFL bar none ...

Today...in 2017....one player is descending....and I'd say the other is ascending...he's a starter on a top ranked offense, that is running the ball more effectively in years...Since the days of.....Barry Sanders.

all this is true ... id still take a declining Whitworth over an in his prime Robinson

http://www.nflpenalties.com/player/g-robinson-st-louis-rams?year=2014
http://www.nflpenalties.com/player/a-whitworth-cincinnati-bengals?year=2014

gflop in his first 4 years an NFL player 45 penalties
whit in the same time span 23 penalties

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7804
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=27530

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we were run blocking so well, why'd we fall behind? Why didn't we score in the 1st quarter?
because the skins were running it well .... and we had three possessions in the first half ..